Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,727,987 Members 45,799 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

KF3 Firmware out on KIES

Tip us?

ajayjohn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 444

DONATE TO ME
Smile KF3 Firmware out on KIES

I am not sure if there is a thread already out for this as i couldn't find one on search.

I am a SGS II user in India and i just got a KIES notice that a firmware upgrade is available to KF3.

Is this the same one as what was release on samfirware?

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayjohn View Post
I am not sure if there is a thread already out for this as i couldn't find one on search.

I am a SGS II user in India and i just got a KIES notice that a firmware upgrade is available to KF3.

Yes .

jje
The Following User Says Thank You to JJEgan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sp1tfire
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Quote:

Is your phone Vodafone branded ? Wonder if Vodafone Romania released this firmware ?

Intratech
Old
Thanks Meter 4505

DONATE TO ME
Firmware had already been posted in the firmware thread in the dev forum.
Need official GT-I9100 firmwares? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1075278
Need official GT-I9300 firmwares? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1671969

I don't want to help and provide tech support by PM. Please post on the forum so everyone can learn from each other

[/CENTER]
The Following User Says Thank You to Intratech For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ajayjohn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 444

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp1tfire View Post
Is your phone Vodafone branded ? Wonder if Vodafone Romania released this firmware ?
No, its an unbranded unit from India...

ithehappy
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1382
Quote:

Wow, thanks fyi. Can't wait to upgrade it. Gonna do it as soon as my PC is ok.
What changes are you noticing btw? Both positives and negatives.
Regards.

Sent from GT-I9100

ajayjohn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 444

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ithehappy View Post
Wow, thanks fyi. Can't wait to upgrade it. Gonna do it as soon as my PC is ok.
What changes are you noticing btw? Both positives and negatives.
Regards.

Sent from GT-I9100

As for changes, I have noticed the following till now...
1) The image for background effect, in the display settings has changed
2) The battery life seems to have improved significantly
3) Lock screen display wake lag seems to have come in now
4) Background themes in messaging is no longer there

Will keep you posted as soon as i notice more changes.
Do share anything you guys find too...

darkmessiah
Old
Thanks Meter 6
i jus tried updating my SGS II to KF3 via KIES it downloaded the update and after decryption of binary data the mobile display is staying on the green android logo and below it downloading ...

WHt do i do .. pls help
Google Nexus 5 ~ 16GB
Mahdi Rom
ElementalX Kernel

ajayjohn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 444

DONATE TO ME
The update process gets stuck if KIES is not able to connect to your phone properly. Usually this ends with a popup message saying Update mode couldn't be activated or something like that.
If you do find a blue progress bar increasing slowly below the green android then all is fine, just wait. But if The process is stuck at 0% or an error comes up. Then you can try again by doing a hard reset of your phone and trying to run the update process again. Do not use the recover firmware option in Kies at this moment. The hard reset is necessary as third party launchers and other apps sometimes interfere in the connection to Kies.
To, get out of the green Android download screen and do whatever is stated above, simply remove the battery briefly and start your phone again.
Hope this was helpful. The information i provided is just based on my experience, correct me if i am wrong...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajayjohn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bassmonkey
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
The update process gets stuck if KIES is not able to connect to your phone properly. Usually this ends with a popup message saying Update mode couldn't be activated or something like that.
If you do find a blue progress bar increasing slowly below the green android then all is fine, just wait. But if The process is stuck at 0% or an error comes up. Then you can try again by doing a hard reset of your phone and trying to run the update process again. Do not use the recover firmware option in Kies at this moment. The hard reset is necessary as third party launchers and other apps sometimes interfere in the connection to Kies.
To, get out of the green Android download screen and do whatever is stated above, simply remove the battery briefly and start your phone again.
Hope this was helpful. The information i provided is just based on my experience, correct me if i am wrong...
What network/country/ branded or unbranded/ previous firmware? If u don't mind me asking ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App

Tags
new firmware kf3