Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: Samsung Galaxy, a perfect Device or Missing something
Galaxy SII, I found a perfect Device 144 51.43%
Galaxy SII, a Perfect Device but Missing something 136 48.57%
Voters: 280. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply

**Have you ever any little disappointment with your galaxy SII, what you think guys!!

OP kachrukamble

15th February 2012, 09:01 PM   |  #1  
kachrukamble's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Disabled
Thanks Meter: 1,340
 
5,042 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Remember these pros&cons are figured on stock Phone we got from Samsung, as well as no extra tweaks considered

This is not a review of the phone. The Idea behind this topic is that it has been 10 Months of time SII launched and as usual every cellphone has its own Pros. & Cons.
What you found good and what you think this phone is missing.
From hardware to software, build quality, its Camera, Display, and software update support from Samsung Mobile, Everything, feel free to input your Experience here!!
My Input, Cons.
• Gorilla Glass ?- There are so many Youtube videos to be amazed about the Power of unbreakable and unsearchable Gorilla glass – But many Samsung Galaxy S2 users complaining got scratches!
• The swiping screen lock , that opens the phone is waste of time, as there is a hardware unlock key already.
• Battery Life – Battery life is about Max 14 Hrs and Minimum 10 Hrs on a heavy use after a overnight full charge .
This is standard usage without any tweak .
• No hardware key for camera – It really sucks, If I want to use camera I have to go through the software menu, no hot hardware key to start the camera!
• Plastic Uni body feels cheap in the Hands
• I am missing one touch call answering function like, Iphone or Htc! Swyping from one end to onother is a hassle
My Input, Pros.
• Screens display Quality is superb – bright with vibrant real colors
• The 4.3" Screen size is good enough for games and watching movies, It makes hassle free handling.
• Love the camera’s features like touch focus and pinch to zoom.
• Light weight(119 g)- You don’t feel like carrying it !
• Call quality is good
• Love the video (1080p@30fps ) quality and the image quality (8 MP, 32642448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash)
• Phone is running in top speed as it has dual-core 1.2 GHz processor and 1 GB of RAM, experience extremely fast operations all the time.
• Software update: all ready 6-7 leaks of ICS
This is what I experienced with Galaxy SII, now guys your turn
Last edited by kachrukamble; 20th April 2012 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Addition
15th February 2012, 09:08 PM   |  #2  
Devang.chauhan's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
64 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Until now its been a great ride.
Way better than my HTC.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to Devang.chauhan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2012, 09:09 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 715
 
1,847 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kachrukamble

I am missing one touch call answering function like, Iphone or Htc! Swyping from one end to onother is a hassle

Settings --> Call --> Answering key "Accept incoming calls by pressing the home key".

I presume from your post you've had your phone for nearly 10 months and not found this option.

Let's see what else there was:

Gorilla Glass isn't scratch proof.
Swiping screen unlock prevents phone unlocking itself in your pocket.
Battery life rant, I wouldn't touch your comments on this with a barge pole.
No hardware key for camera - mod exists.
Plastic feel - Get a case
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to oinkylicious For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2012, 09:15 PM   |  #4  
kachrukamble's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Disabled
Thanks Meter: 1,340
 
5,042 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oinkylicious

Settings --> Call --> Answering key "Accept incoming calls by pressing the home key".

I presume from your post you've had your phone for nearly 10 months and not found this option.

Let's see what else there was:

Gorilla Glass isn't scratch proof.
Swiping screen unlock prevents phone unlocking itself in your pocket.
Battery life rant, I wouldn't touch your comments on this with a barge pole.
No hardware key for camera - mod exists.
Plastic feel - Get a case

I told it for soft touch key not hard press key

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk
Last edited by kachrukamble; 15th February 2012 at 09:19 PM.
15th February 2012, 09:17 PM   |  #5  
aydc's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 379
 
998 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2006
I've been using it for around 8 months now. I've been able to find solutions to many of my initial complaints. The only disappointment that I can't get over is the wake-up lag. I'm just jealous of friends with HTC phones whose phones turn on instantly. This may seem like a small issue to some people, but I turn on the screen around 200 times a day. 600 ms lost on each one makes it 2 minutes a day lost just waiting for the phone to wake up. In 8 months, I've lost a total of 480 minutes, which makes 8 hours of my life lost just because of this "feature".
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aydc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2012, 09:19 PM   |  #6  
biohazardious's Avatar
Member
Ankara
Thanks Meter: 192
 
54 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2006
Donate to Me
The only thing i don't like is: Y S2 NO HAVE TEGRA2 GPU...
15th February 2012, 09:22 PM   |  #7  
Stefan1980's Avatar
Member
Flag Copenhagen
Thanks Meter: 9
 
74 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
1. I have a screen protecter on mine, just to be on the save side.
2. I use widget locker, and made my own lockscreen
3. I got the the 2000mah originale samsung batteri, right now its been running over 19hours, 4h 12min screen on, and I still have 27% on battery.
4. Yeah feels a bit plasticy
5. Try another dialer?

Ive had my SGS2 for over 6months now, all n all im very happy with it.
15th February 2012, 09:24 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 144
 
792 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kachrukamble

My Input, Cons.
Gorilla Glass ?- There are so many Youtube videos to be amazed about the Power of unbreakable and unsearchable Gorilla glass But many Samsung Galaxy S2 users complaining got scratches!
The swiping screen lock , that opens the phone is waste of time, as there is a hardware unlock key already.
Battery Life Battery life is about Max 14 Hrs and Minimum 10 Hrs on a heavy use after a overnight full charge . This is standard usage without any tweak .
No hardware key for camera It really sucks, If I want to use camera I have to go through the software menu, no hot hardware key to start the camera!
Plastic Uni body feels cheap in the Hands
I am missing one touch call answering function like, Iphone or Htc! Swyping from one end to onother is a hassle

Gorilla glass is not scratch proof, its scratch resistant so its possible to get scratches. Also this is xda so some of your complaints has been worked/fixed on custom roms. I last around 19 hours with wifi on, streaming some vids, some games, a lot of txt message and a few phone calls. Also tons of music. Some roms do have a hardware button for camera. There also is a lockscreen that opens by touch, cant remember the name or where I saw it though. The plastic body is much better than pure glass like the iphone that can break a hell lot more easily than the SGS2.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kaze105 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2012, 09:24 PM   |  #9  
kachrukamble's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Disabled
Thanks Meter: 1,340
 
5,042 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by biohazardious

The only thing i don't like is: Y S2 NO HAVE TEGRA2 GPU...

May be Samsung pushing their own creation

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk
15th February 2012, 09:51 PM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Flag Muscat
Thanks Meter: 140
 
381 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by biohazardious

The only thing i don't like is: Y S2 NO HAVE TEGRA2 GPU...

Because tegra 2 GPU sucks compared to Mali GPU.

Sent from my GT-I9100

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to akbarhash For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes