XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

A noob's journey to find a custom ROM for best battery life Galaxy S2 GT-I9100

Tip us?

TeddyRuxpin
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvovs View Post
CM 11 with ART runtime solved all my leakages during sleep mode. (Some apps like "stocks" were draining power when Dalvik was used)
Interesting.....

ferenczoltan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Default Cheap root?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_droid View Post
25 bucks for rooting
Eek i get about 5hrs + screen on time wid ics 4.0.4 xwlpt wid speedmod kernel....
Btw since u are hobby photographer.. The camera app on cm10.1 sucks when compared to that of the stock...so does the picture quality ...
No regrets here??
Thanks for your response Doc

Twenty five bucks is cheap for a root Ok, it was 2am and I was desperate to root my phone after 18 hours of research over a coupla'days and repeated attempts which never ended up with SuperUser in my Apps drawer. I know better now...

Tonight I have 33% battery left after 12hrs/4.5hrs screen on - pretty happy...

Funny you say the cm10.1 camera app sux - yeah sure the colours are a bit over-saturated (but gee it makes for pretty pictures ) but so far i've found the lag between shutter-press and shot, and Auto White-Balance the best so far, other than Fast Burst Camera which for me is too low res for anything other than phone screen or Facebook/YouTube small window viewing on PC. I take a lot of pics of my happy 4yo daughter who stubbornly refuses to smile 'properly' 'at' the camera and her most delightful smiles are at the top of a swing which has been pushed a bit too hard (I'm getting quite good at predicting the lag now, but MANY missed pearls). I've installed Camera 4.2 for panorama shots (can't remember what the google name is) and find it has too few options for me (particularly white balance) and much the same lag. You sound like a bit of a camera app connoisseur - any suggestions for no lag (I mean really, it's digital, can't you capture it NOW?)/accurate white balance/good colour saturation? I really only got a mobile phone when the cameras got good enough to 'replace' a point-and-shoot, so camera is a biggy for me

Cheers,
Ferenc

gvovs
Old
Thanks Meter 0
okay... still using CM11 nightlies, finally can leave the phone not in charger overnight and still use it next day.
average charge loss (radio and wifi on) is 2 to 4% per hour, some syncs are enabled. Also ART(supposedly unsupported by CM) enabled.
All is smooth.

doctor_droid
Old
(Last edited by doctor_droid; 17th February 2014 at 01:56 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1587
@ferenczoltan - u r a camera pro ... I m a noob in terms of camera and i can only look for end user comparison points like touch to focus or image blurriness and few more... For me the stock camera app seems to more hardware dedicated..

As for rom .. 4.5hrs screen on time and still 1/3rd juice left? 2000mAh battery ..right?

Edit - saw ur old.reply... its 2600mAh

mastawindu
Old
Thanks Meter 21
I like this thread. I would suggest adding a poll to it so that users can vote for the best battery life rom.

I've been trying a lot of roms with the goal to find one that that has a good battery life and even if some roms are better that others none are excellent. It makes me laugh when I read that you judge a rom on its built-in apps (camera...) since you can instal all the apps you need (like a better camera on xda or even on the market.

I don't know if I'm the only one but I get the feeling that the "out of the box" rom and kernel gave me the better results but I won't go back to full stock, that's for sure.

Currently on : Neat extra lite + Apollo V2
Main Device : Galaxy S II (GT-I9100P)
RECOVERY : CWM
Kernel: Appolo / Siyah
Rom type preferred : MIUI (for userfriendlyness and customization possibilities), Stock Samsung based
Rom criteria : stability, responsiveness, low battery usage, low ram usage, eye candy but sober (close to stock)
File host preferred : Mediafire
Other Devices : The legendary HTC HD2, HTC Touch Diamond 2

doctor_droid
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1587
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastawindu
I like this thread. I would suggest adding a poll to it so that users can vote for the best battery life rom.

I've been trying a lot of roms with the goal to find one that that has a good battery life and even if some roms are better that others none are excellent. It makes me laugh when I read that you judge a rom on its built-in apps (camera...) since you can instal all the apps you need (like a better camera on xda or even on the market.

I don't know if I'm the only one but I get the feeling that the "out of the box" rom and kernel gave me the better results but I won't go back to full stock, that's for sure.

Currently on : Neat extra lite + Apollo V2
To be more precise...stock rom camera libs are much more better as compared to custom ones. no matter which app I use in custom roms the quality is still inferior when compared to stock ..
And yes u r right .. out of the box combo is the best m on stock rom 4.1.2 deodexed zipalign rooted and wid a secure kernel (my own kitchen made rom)