A noob's journey to find a custom ROM for best battery life Galaxy S2 GT-I9100

OP ferenczoltan

2nd January 2015, 09:38 AM   |  #81  
Flag Ploiesti
Thanks Meter: 4

35 posts
More
When i had the s2 i was using Jellysnapp.. I think it.s ok..but s2 have big problem with battery..it.s too low in capacity!!

Now i have N4 witch is really great and i recommend it to you all..32 h battery? Cmon..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app
6th January 2015, 12:53 PM   |  #82  
OP Junior Member
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 3

5 posts
Donate to Me
More
The journey continues...
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreign body

Neat ROM extra lite with Apollo seems to be the best.

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

The AOSP Neat ROM drain battery much more then the stock one...

I went flash-crazy and ended up with a combo of CM10.1 and a Siyah kernel (I thought...) which gave me 22 hours before the low-battery warning on a 2600mAh battery, about 35% screen-time. (6-8 hours on stock[!])

Thinking I could do even better I kept flashing, lost the combo and didn't have a backup - DOH!! ALWAYS BACKUP GOOD COMBOS AND BACK THEM UP TO PC...

For the life of me I couldn't flash another kernel to 10.1 and only managed at best 12 hours before the low-battery warning (roughly 35% screen) with the cpu limited to 800mHz (no noticable [extra] lag - I don't game) So seeing as a couple of posters mentioned the above combo I thought I'd give it a go, but first without the Apolo kernel. Given I don't play games I installed CPU Tuner, limited the cpu to 1000mHz, and yesterday I got 9hrs/50% battery left (screen 35%) and today 11hrs/45% battery left (screen 37%).

Wonder what the Apolo kernel will do?

Can I be bothered...?
13th February 2015, 12:39 PM   |  #83  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Hello guys. I need the most stable and not lagging + battery life + gaming rom. what can u offer?
14th February 2015, 03:56 PM   |  #84  
Thanks Meter: 2

18 posts
Buy a new phone.
14th February 2015, 06:32 PM   |  #85  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Thumbs up
new cm12 roms have also good battery life. but they are still beta. am waiting for the normal vers.
Yesterday, 01:33 AM   |  #86  
Flag Kocaeli
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
More
Wink
İ tried many ROMs and kernels. İf you want best ballancce for battery and game, you should use NeatRom 6.4 lite + Apolo ext v1 for now. You need to remove some unneccassary system apps with titanium backup, for example exchange services, e-mail, google tts, samsung apps..... And i really recommed to use Greenify app for sleep any app that you not use very often. I play clash of clans for 15 mins with 3g network but charge drops only %2. Really good playtime. Btw, no freez no lags, no overheat with this combination.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread