FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

A noob's journey to find a custom ROM for best battery life Galaxy S2 GT-I9100

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By ferenczoltan, Junior Member on 31st January 2014, 03:49 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
18th April 2015, 02:31 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebelachi

Hey all.

So like most S2 owners that have come across this post, I'm hoping that I am at the end of the journey (at least for now) to find a ROM that gives me good battery life on my S2 GT-I9100.

PROPS to the original poster for starting this thread. Read it several times, and here's my journey:

Problems began with the last JDI update I9100WBMS3, and the one just prior to that. Always used stock ROM. In addition to wanting a fresh interface, the battery woes were killing me primarily, and performance started to suck a bit after installing a few games.

Didn't get a good chance to see Battery life, but after full charge, BUT I could see that the battery life was going to be better. Not wanting to be stuck with 4.1.2, and with my ROM flashing addiction on full overdrive, and I couldn't resist doing another ROM a few hrs later. Which leads me to my current ROM in use.

5th and CURRENT:
CM 10.1.3 stable + Dorimanx-V9.43 Kernel.
The 4.2.2 flavor is not bad, definitely better than the old stock one in NeatROM. Battery life appears to be good based on posts i've seen here, and my past experience when I just got the phone. See images attached for battery use.

Hi, Thank you for the info.

I am trying myself to find the best combo and so far my results are bad.
Before I try you solution, can you tell me how many hours of Screen ON you get with that 5 option?
1650 or 2000mha battery?

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark1ro

Hi darkpollo,

I downloaded the one from dorimanx official site declared on XDA -dorimanx.shine.sk
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...i9100-t1617219

You can find the latest on V9.X here:
9.44:
http://dorimanx.casoncia.org/index.p...=V9-MALI-V2%2F
Kernel_Dorimanx-V9.44v005-COMP-mv2-[16-09]-[29-09]-JB-SGII-PWR-CORE.zip MD5: c6f4ece3f3a49842f821c7625556b6e110,6 MB

And the latest V10.X here
http://dorimanx.cybernetus.com/
Kernel_Dorimanx-V10.44v008-[08-39]-[27-12]-JB-SGII-PWR-CORE.zip

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark1ro

On Topic : I finally found a friendly modem for battery usage , speed , connectivity and cool-down. The modem is called i9100DXLP9 - you can download from here http://veyka.co.uk/sgs2/radios/

Best regards

Good to know. I will try it too.
How many hour with Screen On you get?

Thanks!

20th April 2015, 01:40 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
[QUOTE=darkpollo;60194268]Hi, Thank you for the info.

I am trying myself to find the best combo and so far my results are bad.
Before I try you solution, can you tell me how many hours of Screen ON you get with that 5 option?
1650 or 2000mha battery?

can you tell me how many hours of Screen ON you get with that 5 option?
A. I don't know how your usage is or how you use the phone. my best result was 6h30m screen time - but it's highly dependent on how you use the phone.

1650 or 2000mha battery?
A. 1650 mah battery - bought in October as replacement.

Thank you for the Kernel.
Best Regards
27th April 2015, 02:10 AM |#103  

More
Hi,
I am trying to install cyanogenmod with the kernel but when I install the kernel before the rom, the rom replaces he kernel and if I do it the other way, the Phone does not load.

Which combo did you use? Thanks
30th April 2015, 09:11 AM |#104  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 2,049

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkpollo

Hi,
I am trying to install cyanogenmod with the kernel but when I install the kernel before the rom, the rom replaces he kernel and if I do it the other way, the Phone does not load.

Which combo did you use? Thanks

You probably installed the wrong version. CM11 requires dorimanx 10.44 to be installed. CM10.2 and CM10.1.3 should be 9.44 and etc. The official version of dorimanx is not the one you don't want unless you're going for stock.
Last edited by gsstudios; 30th April 2015 at 09:15 AM.
30th April 2015, 02:46 PM |#105  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsstudios

You probably installed the wrong version. CM11 requires dorimanx 10.44 to be installed. CM10.2 and CM10.1.3 should be 9.44 and etc. The official version of dorimanx is not the one you don't want unless you're going for stock.

Yeah, thanks, that was the problem.
After all, I have tried with CM10.1.3 and the 9.44 and the battery was the worst. I was affected by the Google Services Drain all the time.
Now I am on the Slim ROM which I think is not the best for screen ON time but it is great when the screen is OFF so I think I will survive with it.

I cannot understand how people can say CM10.1.3 works fine. It is not my experience so far.

Cheers!
15th May 2015, 12:02 PM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Is any one know a fix for android LP mem leak,

I tried most of LB roms for S2 all are the same

I never have the battry life i was having with KK

Thnks
20th May 2015, 10:58 AM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 357

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amwahab

Is any one know a fix for android LP mem leak,

I tried most of LB roms for S2 all are the same

I never have the battry life i was having with KK

Thnks

Afaik 5.1.1 has memory leak fix... Every LP rom for s2 still has many Works to become more stable and battery friendly..
27th May 2015, 09:28 PM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp87

Afaik 5.1.1 has memory leak fix... Every LP rom for s2 still has many Works to become more stable and battery friendly..

yea LP roms are still bug-full but especially some (like Mokee) are updating daily and fast. I think that , at this stage, using a KK rom (at least updated in November or December 2014) with Gustavo's kernel can give the right stability and bettery life.
Dorimanx kernel, since Dorimanx departure (i remember when he tested his builds a lot before releasing) , seems not very reliable.
28th May 2015, 08:45 AM |#109  
Flag thanjavur
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I got 4 hrs screen time on lp ROM..
24th July 2015, 08:08 PM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 3

Donate to Me
More
Battery Full Best ROM for i9100
Hi guys. Since I broke my S4 and I'm still waiting for my replacement LCD, I decided to get back to my old, trusty S2. Wanting extreme ratio of performance and battery, I decided to try out this , Andorid 4.4.4 combo (note: I've tried CM11 and CM12.1 but these roms are waaaay tooooo buggy, slow and do 1 MPG in terms of battery life)

ROM: SlimSaber - i9100 Latest 4.4.4: 20150406 (link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...i9100-t2350201)
Kernel: DorimanX 10.45 v022 (BETA) (link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...4-4-4-t3123487)
Gapps: Open Gapps (arm, 4.4, pico version) (link: http://opengapps.org/)

I've just flashed everything and the speed... is... amazing. Of course I have not yet installed any apps, tried out real-life battery stats, but when I will, I'll post my findings here.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread