5,595,918 Members 30,872 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[OFF-TOPIC] Galaxy SII Hangout Thread

Tip us?

ccrows
Old
Thanks Meter 164
Perfect thread to talk about what happened to my phone this morning.

So I'm usually not the guy that charges his phone overnight and takes it off the charger the next morning, cuz I get paranoid something is gonna happen.

Well I fell asleep last night while the phone was on the charger. When I picked up my phone this morning it was FREAKIN HOT (I mean hotter then it has ever gotten before) and the battery was drained pretty low.

Turned out that my AC adapter went defective overnight and fortunately I had a different AC handy to replace and troubleshoot.

Crazy thing is that everybody else I know charges their phone overnight too. IDK maybe it's just me *sigh* lol...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Eclipse_Droid
Old
Thanks Meter 237
Wow. Nice to see an s2 off topic thread too!

Nice 1 oly!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Powered by RR 2.7 with Siyah
Device: LG NEXUS 4 16GB LG 960
ROM:STOCK JB 4.2.1
Kernel:STOCK
Recovery:CWM TOUCH
The Following User Says Thank You to Eclipse_Droid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

loop4444
Old
Thanks Meter 29
lol ccrows, tough luck indeed xD

btw yes i tryed new gmail but reverted back for now. on Paranoid Android im using gmail in tablet mode (with side menu) and i cant scale the new gmail like that...

a1exander
Old
Thanks Meter 894

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahibunlimited View Post
Guys check out the new gmail app which supports pinch to zoom @androidpolice.com

Always hated that GMail app didnt have pinch to zoom, so glad they added it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

*boy*racer*
Old
Thanks Meter 403

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrows View Post
Perfect thread to talk about what happened to my phone this morning.

So I'm usually not the guy that charges his phone overnight and takes it off the charger the next morning, cuz I get paranoid something is gonna happen.

Well I fell asleep last night while the phone was on the charger. When I picked up my phone this morning it was FREAKIN HOT (I mean hotter then it has ever gotten before) and the battery was drained pretty low.

Turned out that my AC adapter went defective overnight and fortunately I had a different AC handy to replace and troubleshoot.

Crazy thing is that everybody else I know charges their phone overnight too. IDK maybe it's just me *sigh* lol...

I too charge my phone over night and don't experience that problem. Although, once it did happen to me when I had my xperia ray(never Sony again), but that was due to keeping it under my pillow all night while charging.

Did u have yours under your pillow while it was charging?:what:

[SIZE=1]Sent from my sexy Galaxy SII

olyloh6696
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1544
A quick question to you guys:

On average how much screen on like do you manage on your phone with around medium brightness?

I'm getting just over 3 hours, but I'm wondering if I should be getting more. My battery is 1 year old already, so it may have already lost its full capacity.

I'm also swaying between the Anker 1900mah and Official 2000mah. Ideally i'd like to keep the same battery cover.

Any thoughts?

Google Nexus 4 Stock Jelly Bean 4.3
Ployer Momo20 Quad Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
HTC Desire S Andromadus Jelly Bean 4.2.2

If This Post Has Helped, Press
Thanks!

ennis911
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Hi guys,

This is my first post here in XDA. I'm a noob or, what sometimes is the same, a demon or something...The funny thing is that i've been a member for a long time (2007) but having nothing to say, just read...so it'd be kinda odd if someone's call me noob...hahahhaha

Being using a Galaxy S2 for a year and I think is one of the best smartphones ever made. Even a year later remains one of the most powerful...and with CM10 I'm happier of having it...

I've read a lot of threads and discussions, and it's nice to read and write in a thread like this.

Thank you so much olyloh6696.

Greetings from Madrid.

Sorry for my english..
Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100: CM10 Nightly Builds
Google Nexus One: Evervolv Jellybean
HTC Typhoon: WM 6.5
HTC Artemis: WM 6.5
The Following User Says Thank You to ennis911 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bartoloandre98
Old
Thanks Meter 655
Hi guys.....any problems that might pop out I will try and solve although i am not as active as I used to....

....an 18 year old from Malta...happy to meet you all.
Person x: Please help me it no works!Please fix nao!!!
Bartoloandre98:sudo apt-get install common-sense
Person X: It is giving me a command error .
Bartoloandre98:*face palm* Dafuq????
Person X: *User logged off*

Jesus walks on water,Chuck Norris swims through land and i eat noobs for breakfast.

ashzoomerintrack
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Great thread.

Well I too keep my phone charging overnight. Ok from this does anyone know is it possible to keep phone in aeroplane mode yet access wifi? An app or tasker script would really help. I want to stay connected to wifi so as to be able to download stuff overnight.

Sent from my GT I-9100
Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250
Mmuzzy ROM 4.2.2 with AK Cyclon 731

Samsung Galaxy SII I9100 Alive Again!
Biftor JB XWLS8

Samsung Galaxy SL I9003
DDLF2 with BAM Beta 15 kernel
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LOVING INDIAN DEVELOPERS PROGRESS IN ANDROID DEVELOPMENT

shaunnicho
Old
Thanks Meter 245
Good idea cos sometimes you don't know if you'll get flamed for asking questions in the wrong thread

Sent from the Abyss using RootBox /NeatRom