Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,393 Members 53,572 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Official Indian GS2 Owner's Thread - views, reviews and more!!

Tip us?

ImSherlocked
Old
Thanks Meter 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by emze View Post
to all the folks here, respond to this message with your current rom, how long you have been on it, your battery life, over all performance and what do you think about the ROM. if you are rooted, what custom kernel did you use. i think if we do something like this on a regular basis, like every 100th page, it will be easy for everyone to get updated on the latest/best roms and it will be easy for new people to choose a good custom/stock rom.
Stock rooted
Android Version : 2.3.5
Firmware : XWKJ3
Batter Life 20-24hrs
Usage 3g/wifi on always
kERNEL : SpeedMod K2-18-test6
God is a Manchester United fan!
FLASH is dead... dies before flash...

Neo
Old
Thanks Meter 125

DONATE TO ME
Thanks for everyone for helping out each other and making this thread successful

1\ Can we flash speedmod kernel over CM 7? Is it possible?

2\ How do I remove Yellow Tri-Angle? Can anyone let me know any simple ways to do this?

3\ Speedmod or Siyah kernel? Which one is the best in terms of battery life & performance? (based on your experience?)

I've played with undervolting on my x10 and SGS-II and I'm surprised Speedmod is getting good battery life without UV. Just wanted to ask opinions regarding this.

Thanks!
Morpheus: [to Neo who is choosing the red pill] Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

kachrukamble
Old
(Last edited by kachrukamble; 27th November 2011 at 12:51 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by emze View Post
to all the folks here, respond to this message with your current rom, how long you have been on it, your battery life, over all performance and what do you think about the ROM. if you are rooted, what custom kernel did you use. i think if we do something like this on a regular basis, like every 100th page, it will be easy for everyone to get updated on the latest/best roms and it will be easy for new people to choose a good custom/stock rom.
Now that's looking Train is coming back on THE TRACK

ithehappy
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Thanks for everyone for helping out each other and making this thread successful

1\ Can we flash speedmod kernel over CM 7? Is it possible?

2\ How do I remove Yellow Tri-Angle? Can anyone let me know any simple ways to do this?

3\ Speedmod or Siyah kernel? Which one is the best in terms of battery life & performance? (based on your experience?)

I've played with undervolting on my x10 and SGS-II and I'm surprised Speedmod is getting good battery life without UV. Just wanted to ask opinions regarding this.

Thanks!
1- NO.
2- Flash Stock kernel and then zImage of your Root kernel via CWM.
3- SpeedMod. IMO.
The Following User Says Thank You to ithehappy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Neo
Old
Thanks Meter 125

DONATE TO ME
Is Siyah compatible with CM7?

Thanks @ithehappy
Morpheus: [to Neo who is choosing the red pill] Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

Orr.Penn.18
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Is Siyah compatible with CM7?

Thanks @ithehappy
Yes! 10char
Sent by tapping the Speed Force by the The Flash
'Life is like Github, you merge, push and pull commits to make your life the best' - Orr.Penn.18

Devices:
sm-n900 | Stock 4.4.2 | Stock
xperia Z | Stock 4.2.2 | Stock
d802 | Stock 4.4.2 | Stock
xperia M | Stock 4.3 | Stock
xiaomi Mi3 | Stock 4.4 | Stock

Google Nexus 4 ROM/KERNEL/MODS/RECOVERIES Repository!
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 ROM/KERNEL Repository!
Samsung Galaxy 3 ROM/KERNEL Repository!
ICS Animation for S II
You know you're rooted when ... !
The Following User Says Thank You to Orr.Penn.18 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bala_gamer
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,550

DONATE TO ME
@ Neo

Siyah giving me 2 days of backup, isn't that enough?
For yellow triangle follow the one as said by ithehappy.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
DEVICE : 9505 ARCTIC BLUE || MODEM : NC6 || PRIMARY : SOKP || KERNEL : KTOONSEZ || DPI : 320 || LAUNCHER : BUZZ || APPS : 200+ || BATTERY BACKUP : ~~~
|| temp fix for screen smearing in s4 || SenseWiz Theme || multi dpi apps || S3 CPU/GPU overclocking guide || New to Android/s3? Read the FAQ here ||

Oldies : Galaxy S3,S2,SL|| Nokia X6,5230,N73
The Following User Says Thank You to bala_gamer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iekansh
Old
Thanks Meter 293
How to use betterbatterstats?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

Neo
Old
Thanks Meter 125

DONATE TO ME
Thanks offered for everyone who helped!

I'm still looking for odin download for flashing the tar file (stock thingy)

I'm still clueless on where to start... Looking for a guide or something. Damn I don't have usb jig!

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by iekansh View Post
How to use betterbatterstats?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App
Just open the app and you can see a dropdown and go to "wakelocks" and you can see apps that wakeup your phone

bala_gamer
Old
(Last edited by bala_gamer; 27th November 2011 at 01:39 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,550

DONATE TO ME
@ Neo

Read this below article and you will get the clear idea on how to remove the yellow triangle

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1193091

You don't need to flash the whole tar file, just extract the zimage using root explorer or some other app, then use cwm app to flash it.
Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
DEVICE : 9505 ARCTIC BLUE || MODEM : NC6 || PRIMARY : SOKP || KERNEL : KTOONSEZ || DPI : 320 || LAUNCHER : BUZZ || APPS : 200+ || BATTERY BACKUP : ~~~
|| temp fix for screen smearing in s4 || SenseWiz Theme || multi dpi apps || S3 CPU/GPU overclocking guide || New to Android/s3? Read the FAQ here ||

Oldies : Galaxy S3,S2,SL|| Nokia X6,5230,N73

The Following User Says Thank You to bala_gamer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
"common ravi don't waste time buy s3 asap, amoled y u no stay fine like lcd?, kachru secretly start hates gs3 over gs2, kachru ship our s3's fast!!!!, ravi want s3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, ssijcie kutasy spamerzy, thread is going slower and slower, trollers' paradise!, watchout, we do moderate tags, we got some badass tags here !, why u no moderate tags?, yo dawg
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe