Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,279 Members 52,962 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Official Indian GS2 Owner's Thread - views, reviews and more!!

Tip us?

coolbuddyin
Old
Thanks Meter 104
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Samsung-Galax...ht_2789wt_1139

This is a new galaxy S2 WHITE FOR 26999

bala_gamer
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,547

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ithehappy View Post
Well that will keep happening like a loop, you buy Note or Lumia, within six months S III will be announced, you buy S III, within next six months another one, and that goes on and on.........
I am currently on my 43rd cell, buying and changing in rapid time from 2003/04, before buying S II I just figured how much I spent on those 42 cell phones, all were so called smartphone, and in the past years you know what a cell like X1 or Bold or HD 2 did cost, and then taken an oath that I will keep this for 18 months at least..................
Exactly !! The upcoming years will see much more competition than the previous years. Our s2 can satisfy our need for atleast 3 more years for sure, but once we start buying new phones it more or less becomes like addicted to change the mobile whenever a flagship device is released
DEVICE : 9505 ARCTIC BLUE || MODEM : NC6 || PRIMARY : SOKP || KERNEL : KTOONSEZ || DPI : 320 || LAUNCHER : BUZZ || APPS : 200+ || BATTERY BACKUP : ~~~
|| temp fix for screen smearing in s4 || SenseWiz Theme || multi dpi apps || S3 CPU/GPU overclocking guide || New to Android/s3? Read the FAQ here ||

Oldies : Galaxy S3,S2,SL|| Nokia X6,5230,N73

mrcreativity
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalgel View Post
Frankly it's appalling how lax and indifferent Samsung is being about customer service, but it is to be expected. A lot have of companies have started churning out a ridiculous number of products every year, leaving them overwhelmed by sheer volume of customers they need to cater to in terms of service. Frankly, looking at how cut-throat the tech industry is, companies don't want to provide unparalleled support for their products, for prolonged periods, because they really don't want people using, say a mobile phone, for more than a year or two at most. It's sad but true. Somewhere along the way things have got really messed up and we keep buying, in spite of the way we are treated by these companies, while they continue to hoard by the billions. Something needs to change, because this problem has no simple solution.
Well said. These conglomerates take us for a ride every six months, and we, ride happily along.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App
Google Nexus 5 32gb Stock
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 p3100 on Stock

Phone History - Nokia 5110 - Nokia 6230 - Nokia 3100 - Ericsson T18s - Nokia 5530 - Nokia 3660 - Nokia 6600 - Nokia 6681 - Nokia E61 - HTC TYTN 2 - Samsung Galaxy S2 + tAB 2 3100 - Google Nexus 5 32gb

virani_joush
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Btw Sony is gonna release ics update for all its xperia series..isn't it a good support?

Sent from my GT-I9100

sahilkhurana
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Default Hello Everyone

Just got myself a Samsung Galaxy S2 and managed to get CF-Root Kernel running on it and CWM recovery 5.x
I am currently running CheckROM RevoHD V4 and when I check the battery stats, I see "Android System" and "Android OS" as too big culprits who have consumed 45% of battery together. Isn't the issue deemed to be fit ?
Wanted to get feedback on following ROMs with respect to battery life and performance
1. Insanity
2. GingerMod
3. VillainROM

-Sahil

Harsha Raj
Old
Thanks Meter 1,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajarshi10 View Post
I am going for a refund then. Just help me one last time & give me some model numbers which I can check on the box before I buy. I want a 19100 without any yellow tint or dead pixel issues. Maybe in the production of October or later. The previous two were in September which had dead pixels. So please, some model numbers of 19100?
Don't know mate how to make sure to differentiate between the date of production units of S2. One thing is that the device having yellow tint is normal. Even I have it. i'm not bothered as what had to offer to me is much greater than the tint. But got to say that the yellow tint reduced after I installed custom roms and stuffs. About pixels I haven't looked for it really in my device. But it is indeed a manufacturing defect. I just wish you good luck that the next S2 will be prefect for you if you look for problems every device will have some just my thought on the table. Good luck.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

ROM: SlimSaber - Android 4.4.4 Kernel: Stock

History: Nokia 3100 > Nokia 6230i > Nokia 6111 > Nokia 3100 Classic > Nokia 5700 > Nokia 5230 > Samsung Galaxy S > Samsung Galaxy S II i9100

Secondary Device: Motorola Moto G Dual SIM - ROM: Stock Kernel: Stock

Harsha Raj
Old
Thanks Meter 1,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahilkhurana View Post
Just got myself a Samsung Galaxy S2 and managed to get CF-Root Kernel running on it and CWM recovery 5.x
I am currently running CheckROM RevoHD V4 and when I check the battery stats, I see "Android System" and "Android OS" as too big culprits who have consumed 45% of battery together. Isn't the issue deemed to be fit ?
Wanted to get feedback on following ROMs with respect to battery life and performance
1. Insanity
2. GingerMod
3. VillainROM

-Sahil
May be the Android IS bug is also fixed by custom kernels? Try Siyah or speedmod

And I have used only CheckROM with Siyah. Getting buttery backup of 15+ hours with heavy usage mainly browsing with 3G.

History: Nokia 3100 > Nokia 6230i > Nokia 6111 > Nokia 3100 Classic > Nokia 5700 > Nokia 5230 > Samsung Galaxy S > Samsung Galaxy S II i9100

Mr.Raviteja
Old
(Last edited by Mr.Raviteja; 24th December 2011 at 06:29 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 598
Saw Note in Love2HateU.It's soooooo Big..If I brought it..It would have not fitted in my pocket for sure...But it got nice features like write something on the pic you took which GS2 don't have
S2: CM 10.2 & Note 3: Stock (Not Rooted)

S2: Launcher : Nova Prime/|| Apps Installed : 170+ || Battery Backup : Less Then 1 days

Note 3: Launcher: Stock || Apps Installed: 100+ || Battery Backup : More Then 1 Day

Do you know There is a button called Thanks below the post Hit it and see what happens

Harsha Raj
Old
Thanks Meter 1,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan_mohanty View Post
Yo..I am open to all type of suggestions.infact i want u all to suggest me ideas..
Newayz the lag is normal.It is just the place where the 2nd set of frames start looping and even my other bootanimation had that,just no one noticed in the high number of frame changes per second.

And the Lion just moves its head in one direction,coz its a loop.If i was to keep the whole animation,then the bootanimation would itself been 157MB
Oh then lag is kind of normal then. Lol 157 MB is too much for boot animation. But, you can loop in around with its head turning left and right? Left - roar - right - roar - loop. Will that increase the size yet highly? Because only the right loop looks like unfinished animation.

Guys guys! Check this game 'real racing 2' graphics looks amazing! Must watch the video. Love the smoke under tyres when they drift! http://blog.gsmarena.com/ea-brings-r...hics-for-free/

The Following User Says Thank You to Harsha Raj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

radicalgel
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by ithehappy View Post
Alright. So it's a mod in Siyah which is doing something. Still I don't get one thing, is that mod by Supercurio supported by a Kernel or a mod which comes with an app? I mean I want the original mod from Supercurio.
TIA.
as of now no app released yet. Gokhan has just taken the module from supercurio and incorporated it into his kernel. This is what it say in the Siyah 2.6.1 update description:

"updated mc1n2_voodoo sound module (thanks to supercurio) and it is now auto-loaded."

The Following User Says Thank You to radicalgel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
"common ravi don't waste time buy s3 asap, amoled y u no stay fine like lcd?, kachru secretly start hates gs3 over gs2, kachru ship our s3's fast!!!!, ravi want s3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, ssijcie kutasy spamerzy, thread is going slower and slower, trollers' paradise!, watchout, we do moderate tags, we got some badass tags here !, why u no moderate tags?, yo dawg
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe