[OFFICIAL][4.4.x] Omni Rom Discussion thread

Search This thread

jpservices01

Feb 6, 2011
Flashed nightly of 20150207 and working fine

Hi

Just to let people know that I flashed the above nightly over the one of 20150126 on my Galaxy S2 and things work really fine. The power guzzling I experienced earlier seems to be addressed now. The issues I had earlier with my third app home screen that vanished seems to have also been solved. The only remaining peculiarity is the google service that force close after boot from time to time. It seems that it has no real effect but this is a bit annoying. Root runs fine with the proposed SU install.
All in all the phone is quick and runs rather stable.
Thanks to those that have made this ROM possible.

bakerlite

Dec 18, 2014
lollipop back to omni?

Hey, I am I'm bad need of getting away from a super laggy beanstalk lollipop ROM I should never have installed on my poor 9100!
Currently on cwm 6.0.5.1 and philz touch 6.8.5.9 for recovery/flashing zips etc.
I have never flashed a ROM from lollipop back to kitkat so nervous of bricking my device.
When installing omnirom can i boot into my formentioned recovery and follow the factory wipe and wipe davlik then flash omni zip, gapps zip, super su zip.

Not sure if exiting lollipop ROM would Cause any issue doing it that way??
Thanks!

a_nekooee

Jan 28, 2013
Wlan Problem

Sometimes is doesn't works to switching on WLAN. The circle is turning, but nothing happens. or sometimes WLAN is on and find the network but do not connecting to it and when i touch the connect bottom nothing happen! ,also sometimes it shows that the network not in range but it is!

bluecjh

Nov 26, 2011
Norwich
Mobile office won't save file on this ROM

Hi, Love this ROM.

For information:

I installed mobile office last night, however any attempt to save a file after editing (text or spreadsheet) causes Office to crash.
(with a message along the lines of "unfortunately office has had to close unexpectedly")

As a test I reinstalled a Cyanogen Lollipop Rom and tried Office again and I am able to save files.

I have returned to your OMNI rom, but is this fixable? Is there perhaps missing a requisite folder path?

Many thanks

pringlesss

May 20, 2015
look this news https://omnirom.org/general/gerrit-maintenance/
We will shortly be doing some important maintenance on the OmniROM gerrit, in order to support authentication after Google deprecates OpenID in the next week or so.
Gerrit should be considered at-risk and out-of-service while we carry out this maintenance. As a reminder, source code can still be accessed from out Github repositories for any Sunday code-fests you had been looking forward to.
Apologies in advance for any inconvenience caused – we were held back in waiting for upstream Gerrit to support a usable migration path away from OpenID. We’ll let you know once it’s all working again. (Fingers crossed!)

Showon

Jan 10, 2015
Battery Doesnt get charged.

I'm using the final version , 4.4.4.
The battery shows charging for few seconds and then it shows not charging BuT the battery button in notification panel shows the charging symbol . When I connect the phone to PC , it finds the phone But the same problem happens .. I tried flashing Apolo kernel , I thought the problem was solved but it didn't ! It charged for few minutes and then it shows its not charging. My PC recognizes my phone so there is no problem in my phone's USB port. The charger works good with my mom's Lenovo so the charger also doesn't have any problem .. So what should I do ? Please help me :). And also the problem is only after I flash omni ROM .. I've not tried flashing back to other ROMs after omni .

Top Liked Posts