that one perfect setup for your S2...

Search This thread

berre

Jul 3, 2007
Aalst
Hi all,

Just posted this thread to share my personal "perfect setup"... probably everyone has one of their own, at least I hope so.

This thread is not to start discussions on which ROM is better or faster or more stable, this thread is about the setup that works for you, that does what you want it to do without any headeaches or frustrations.

I've been flashing all kinds of ROMS over the lifespan of my S2 and always there is that one little thing that bothered me: sometimes bluetooth issues, sometimes GPS not working, sometimes random crashes, often battery life .... to a point where I give up and go back to familiar grounds.

I had again a "flashing-spree" recently, this time kitkat seduced me resulting into many hours of flashing, setting everything up again, trying another ROM and starting all over again and again small and/or bigger inconveniences made me return home : NeatROM lite v5.1 (yes android 4.1.2) with Apollo 4.11 kernel... never had a single crash, lag or thing that didn't work, and all with great battery life (I'm now at 50% battery, 8 hrs since unplugged, 2:30 hrs screen on time, 30 minutes worth of bluetooth calls, ...)

I'm sure there are many other perfect setup's out there, share yours!

cheers
B

rtorres0106

Dec 10, 2013
Manila
Slimsaberkat 4.4.2 1st Rom and Revolution Rom Ux 2nd Rom dualboooted by Dorimanx. This is the best set up for me. Having custom 4.1.2 stock rom then latest 4.4.2 custom kitkat rom.

dredremon

Mar 23, 2012
Pasig City
Chameleon rom are beast fo me with apolo kernel no bug at all and great battery life

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

PGZ001

Jan 13, 2013
Italy
www.hwmaster.com
i'm now running 4.4.2 but i don't know why but i have no notify sounds and ringin tones to select dunno why :| need to reach 10 posts to write on the correct thread also :(

davidjpb

Jul 2, 2013
Im currently with SlimSaber, with their stock kernel (had plenty of issues every time i wanted to install a new one)
Feels pretty good to me, fast, plenty of features, good battery life (considering mine is not that well taken care of)

dompclarke

Oct 9, 2013
OmniROM

Up to the update on 9th Jan OmniROM has been great, battery performance improved massively since early ones and OTA updates built in!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

Just posted this thread to share my personal "perfect setup"... probably everyone has one of their own, at least I hope so.

This thread is not to start discussions on which ROM is better or faster or more stable, this thread is about the setup that works for you, that does what you want it to do without any headeaches or frustrations.

I've been flashing all kinds of ROMS over the lifespan of my S2 and always there is that one little thing that bothered me: sometimes bluetooth issues, sometimes GPS not working, sometimes random crashes, often battery life .... to a point where I give up and go back to familiar grounds.

I had again a "flashing-spree" recently, this time kitkat seduced me resulting into many hours of flashing, setting everything up again, trying another ROM and starting all over again and again small and/or bigger inconveniences made me return home : NeatROM lite v5.1 (yes android 4.1.2) with Apollo 4.11 kernel... never had a single crash, lag or thing that didn't work, and all with great battery life (I'm now at 50% battery, 8 hrs since unplugged, 2:30 hrs screen on time, 30 minutes worth of bluetooth calls, ...)

I'm sure there are many other perfect setup's out there, share yours!

cheers
    B
    ROM A gave me issue. Installed ROM B was perfect for me.. My friend installed ROM A has no issues.. We both are happy... Its better everyone try out different until it suits u well... U just gave title as Perfect setup instead of BEST ROM..