Petition for Samsung to release 4.2.2 update OR Exynos 4 Sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ryancefe

Dec 11, 2013

Hello!

I've started the petition "SAMSUNG Galaxy S2 Android 4.2.2 UPDATE (OR) EXYNOS 4 SOURCES: Please release an update to Android 4.2.2 for the Galaxy S2 (OR) Alternatively a release of Exynos 4 Sources will allow developers to take over." and need your help to get it off the ground.

Will you take 30 seconds to sign it right now? Here's the link:

Add " h t t p : / / " and then visit the below link:
Code:
change.org/petitions/samsung-galaxy-s2-android-4-2-2-update-or-exynos-4-sources-please-release-an-update-to-android-4-2-2-for-the-galaxy-s2-or-alternatively-a-release-of-exynos-4-sources-will-allow-developers-to-take-over

Here's why it's important:

The Samsung Galaxy S2 was a great device and has received 2 updates: IceCreamSandwich (4.0 to 4.0.4) and JellyBean (4.1). Samsung halted the JellyBean update at 4.1 and did not proceed to release 4.2 or 4.3. We Samsung Galaxy S2 users want an incremental update to atleast 4.2.2, as the S2 Plus (S2's sister device) has received the update. The S2 Plus is relatively similar to the S2 (except CPU and GPU), so an HDPI screensize is not an excuse for not releasing an update. If Samsung and/or its Developers are not benefitting from the development of an update to the S2, why not release Exynos 4 Sources and allow the third-party developer community to take over?

Please sign this petition if you are interested in seeing some development take place for this magnificent device.

Note:- This Petition applies to the following devices:

Samsung Galaxy S 2 (International) GT-I9100
Samsung Galaxy Note 1 (International) GT-N7000

Thanks!
Ryan Ceferitti

Paul Blake

May 14, 2013
Baia Mare
Your initiative its a good start but this doesnt mean that samsung will hear 2-3 voices whispering "update s2" we need a lot of people to sign but even that its probability of update is very low,by low i mean 0.001% , but, if we can try , why not?...anyway s2 is old , thats the true reason why sammy wont update it
I see that it is your first post here , you are a new s2 owner/xda user?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

archiles

Nov 12, 2010
sorry, this might be a bit out of topic,

but I own sgs 2 and i haven't tried the custom rom, although it is already rooted.
the reason i haven't tried it was because in every room especially the new os i.e. 4.2.2 > always has some basic function that doesn't work
such as bluetooth, GPS/Wifi or even restart when changing from landscape to portrait, etc. (CMIIW)

so if the release of the exynos source would ensure full functionality of custom rom then i'll vote on it.

in the mean time is there any other branded phone that offer custom room with working function?

-Grift-

Jan 9, 2011
Singapore
sorry, this might be a bit out of topic,

but I own sgs 2 and i haven't tried the custom rom, although it is already rooted.
the reason i haven't tried it was because in every room especially the new os i.e. 4.2.2 > always has some basic function that doesn't work
such as bluetooth, GPS/Wifi or even restart when changing from landscape to portrait, etc. (CMIIW)

so if the release of the exynos source would ensure full functionality of custom rom then i'll vote on it.

in the mean time is there any other branded phone that offer custom room with working function?
I have been using a custom ever since I got the phone and 4.2.2 and 4.3.1 are perfectly stable for me and has been for awhile now... no such problems as you mentioned.

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
These threads are just as amusing as the noobs who post 'OMGZ ! Such & such rom is on the S3 I want someone to port it to the S2 now !' threads in Q&A.

Edit - Also, this thread is superfluous given the long running thread re: this issue here (with petitions & other nonsense).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hello!

I've started the petition "SAMSUNG Galaxy S2 Android 4.2.2 UPDATE (OR) EXYNOS 4 SOURCES: Please release an update to Android 4.2.2 for the Galaxy S2 (OR) Alternatively a release of Exynos 4 Sources will allow developers to take over." and need your help to get it off the ground.

Will you take 30 seconds to sign it right now? Here's the link:

Add " h t t p : / / " and then visit the below link:
    Code:
    change.org/petitions/samsung-galaxy-s2-android-4-2-2-update-or-exynos-4-sources-please-release-an-update-to-android-4-2-2-for-the-galaxy-s2-or-alternatively-a-release-of-exynos-4-sources-will-allow-developers-to-take-over

Here's why it's important:

The Samsung Galaxy S2 was a great device and has received 2 updates: IceCreamSandwich (4.0 to 4.0.4) and JellyBean (4.1). Samsung halted the JellyBean update at 4.1 and did not proceed to release 4.2 or 4.3. We Samsung Galaxy S2 users want an incremental update to atleast 4.2.2, as the S2 Plus (S2's sister device) has received the update. The S2 Plus is relatively similar to the S2 (except CPU and GPU), so an HDPI screensize is not an excuse for not releasing an update. If Samsung and/or its Developers are not benefitting from the development of an update to the S2, why not release Exynos 4 Sources and allow the third-party developer community to take over?

Please sign this petition if you are interested in seeing some development take place for this magnificent device.

Note:- This Petition applies to the following devices:

Samsung Galaxy S 2 (International) GT-I9100
    Samsung Galaxy Note 1 (International) GT-N7000

Thanks!
    Ryan Ceferitti