5,604,219 Members 49,309 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Arrow Do you think ics is a failure??
Yes, I hate it 206 19.98%
No, it is awesome 825 80.02%
Voters: 1031. You may not vote on this poll

[POLL] Do you think ics is a failure??

Tip us?

keeganmccallum
Old
Thanks Meter 412

DONATE TO ME
I have nothing but good things to say about ics, battery has been better than ever, tons of eye candy, and cm9 is almost bug free for me

DanielEGVi
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Frost View Post
They had to launch ICS, keeping a system without any cache considerations for multicore and concurrent app execution is a step backwards.
Both Gingerbread, Honeycomb and Ice Cream Sandwich all have "concurrent app execution" so I may ask what's what you're complaining of?

Ice Cream Sandwich does have considerations for multi core...

Sony Xperia Play - Tapatalk 2
Sony Xperia Play PACman 6 - Google Nexus 7 ParanoidAndroid 3+

oliuf4e
Old
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
As of all I like the better battery life of ICS but I was not happy when they've changed basic UI patterns like switching cancel and ok buttons. Personally I was way happier with ICS custom ROM than the official galaxy S2 release. There were too much bugs and this even messed with my development.

githoniel
Old
Thanks Meter 31
i dont like the black&blue theme of ICS, it is just a mess of black!

nothing special in ics,nothing attract me, I have return to GB, everything is good

axne1
Old
Thanks Meter 67
My Gnex iCS is AWESOME!

sent from a Android device
I'm always on!

ferrigato
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have dorimanx rom and kernel and it works very smooth!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Flash05
Old
Thanks Meter 54
ICS isnt a failure. it is a revolution!

you know what is failure? it is samsung's ICS implementation. that is the failure.

sure, they have great hardware and unlocked bootloaders. but their ICS sucks.

do you know why samsung doesnt lock bootloader? because it is meant to be on custom ROM.
Nexus phone from here onwards!
Nexus S, 4 + 4, 7 (2012) & 7 3G (2013)!
Motorola Moto G (dual sim)!

stewart30
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash05 View Post
ICS isnt a failure. it is a revolution!

you know what is failure? it is samsung's ICS implementation. that is the failure.

sure, they have great hardware and unlocked bootloaders. but their ICS sucks.

do you know why samsung doesnt lock bootloader? because it is meant to be on custom ROM.
I agree. If Samsung had half the creativity of HTC then we would truly be rocking an awesome user interface

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

jonny_ftm
Old
Thanks Meter 22
ICS has great features. Coupled with Apex or Nova it shows great potential, but, for me:
- I need a stable OS, no FC. GB can run for weeks with no reboot on my phone, Sammy ICS version will FC, wifi death... random, rare, but always. GB never got FC for my usual apps. ICS, even stock apps FC (camera...)

- Screen responsiveness to touch is a 3 steps behind compared to GB. It made S2 comparable to iPhone, now, we're back to a few years ago (unlock pattern feel to the touch...)

- Lag: On GB, we forgot the term lag. On ICS, we're back to the days of i9000 (for people that had both phones) with random lag

Well, ICS is a great potential, sammy missed it completely
Hope, next roms will fix these issues or back to GB for long term rock stability (key point for my needs)

NortuRE
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Somehow I have this belief that all the nuisances of ICS are due to the kernel implementation. Using the stock kernel, I barely managed 10 hours of battery life under normal usage, with 3rd party kernel (SiyahKernel) the battery can last for more than a day without any problems.

One good thing about custom kernel is that you'll get more features and (most of the time) more stability.