5,593,458 Members 36,723 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: What do you want next after the release of ICS?
Close this thread 46 9.20%
Jelly Bean 35 7.00%
Make ICS even better 291 58.20%
Keep thread open for rom related issues 73 14.60%
A date with Rihanna(my favourite one) 55 11.00%
Voters: 500. You may not vote on this poll

[Port] Galaxy SII ICS progression(NON DEV ISSUES & Q&A)

Tip us?
Matriak31 Old
(Last edited by Matriak31; 28th November 2011 at 12:50 AM.)
Thanks Meter
Cool [Port] Galaxy SII ICS progression(NON DEV ISSUES & Q&A)

As the title of the thread says anything you want to post keep it here regarding the ICS porting... Please, keep all your posts and wishes to the devs here. That is the entire point of this thread; for general discussions and non-dev issues.I will always try and keep updates in this thread and in the first post..

Also keep up to date here.
http://codeworkx.de/wordpress/2011/11/20/status-update-for-ics-on-galaxy-s-ii/

Notice to everyone before going ahead and posting in this thread. Please read here

Working
Display
Touchscreen
RIL
Audio
Wifi
GPS
Sensors
SD Cards
Bluetooth
Phone ending
Rotation
transparency fixed courtesy of Team Hacksung
HWcomposer is working now(this is what it does.For using the GPU to render the UI.)
Soft keys have now gone ala Nexus style

What's not working
Camera
Video Recording
Video Codecs
Call Mic so far not working during calls

—IMPORTANT INFO—
The team working on the project:
TeamHacksung
Xplowild

Intratech's amazing posts. Quality post 1,Quality Post 2

Thanks again to all devs for the hard work they are doing for us
The Following 98 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jastonas
Old
Thanks Meter 147

DONATE TO ME
Development thread and Q&A/General threads always end up the same... you know.. because people in dev section just noob it.

So...

Let's give some estimates?

I say I ll have ICS running in no more than 34 hours.
EVOLUTION
Quote:
iPhone > iPhone 3GS > HTC Desire > ZTE Blade > LG Optimus 2X (P990)> Samsung Galaxy S II (GT-i9100) Samsung Galaxy S III (GT-i9300)
Matriak31 Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by jastonas View Post
Development thread and Q&A/General threads always end up the same... you know.. because people in dev section just noob it.

So...

Let's give some estimates?

I say I ll have ICS running in no more than 34 hours.
well hope you are right about the estimates but regarding the other part i will make sure that all noob questions are posted here instead...wished i was a mod to say that noob questions posted there will be welcomed with a big ban with it anyways the thread is here now so anyone wants to leave even the most pointless post do it here instead
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

King Shady
Old
Thanks Meter 154
Just wondering - how many threads/posts do you have per day?
Previous Phones:
iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, Samsung Craptivate, Galaxy SII i9100, Galaxy S III

Current Phones
iPhone 5, Galaxy S4
“You don't get another chance, Life is no Nintendo game” - Eminem
The Following User Says Thank You to King Shady For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Matriak31 Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Shady View Post
Just wondering - how many threads/posts do you have per day?
this is the one and only one i have King all respect to you Sir i got no lifei have the xda bug.....

EDIT:30 posts a day.... why not...better than going out and gambling or doing drugs

and anyway this is to help the team concentrate on their work and for noobs and the rest to post there stuff here...keep that thread in android section just for pure dev posts..no harm in that is there
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

King Shady
Old
Thanks Meter 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matriak31 View Post
this is the one and only one i have King all respect to you Sir i got no lifei have the xda bug.....

EDIT:30 posts a day.... why not...better than going out and gambling or doing drugs

and anyway this is to help the team concentrate on their work and for noobs and the rest to post there stuff here...keep that thread in android section just for pure dev posts..no harm in that is there
Haha true. Well I'm glad to see you helping out in all ways possible .
Previous Phones:
iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, Samsung Craptivate, Galaxy SII i9100, Galaxy S III

Current Phones
iPhone 5, Galaxy S4
“You don't get another chance, Life is no Nintendo game” - Eminem

karendar
Old
Thanks Meter 619

DONATE TO ME
I tried putting Icecream sandwich on my Galaxy S2 but I think it's incompatible! It melted and now my phone's all sticky.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to karendar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jeandujardin01
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by karendar View Post
I tried putting Icecream sandwich on my Galaxy S2 but I think it's incompatible! It melted and now my phone's all sticky.
aaaaww just wipe it and you'll be fine ! ^^
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeandujardin01 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ithehappy
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1382
Quote:
Here it starts ....!

• This thread should be a sticky till ICS release.

tolis626
Old
Thanks Meter 617
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeandujardin01 View Post
aaaaww just wipe it and you'll be fine ! ^^
If wiping it doesn't work,paint it blue(Will match the ICS theme too) and throw it in the sea.It's effective.You'll never have problems with that phone again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matriak31 View Post
well hope you are right about the estimates but regarding the other part i will make sure that all noob questions are posted here instead...wished i was a mod to say that noob questions posted there will be welcomed with a big ban with it anyways the thread is here now so anyone wants to leave even the most pointless post do it here instead
It's a good thing that noobull****(You know,noobs' bull**** ) tend to be seperated from development thread.They just tend to though.When the day comes that XDA forums will be divided in noob and developer forums and noobs stick to their rightful place,then XDA will be a better place.Ahh Utopia...

To avoid misunderstandings:
I don't call anyone who isn't a developer a noob.If I did,I'd be calling 90% of XDA's users,including me and people much better than me,noobs.Noobs are those typical idiots with that strange sense of entitlement to other,more skilled people's work,while they don't contribute to anything.Although I'm pretty sure most of you know what I mean...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tolis626 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe