[PORT][WIP] Ubuntu Touch v0.1 Alpha - ONLY i9100 !!!
UBUNTU TOUCH v0.1 FOR i9100 ALPHA
This one has been build by @ bluefa1con so all the champagne & beer bottles goes to him. Is the same build as mines! I decided to release my version when I have most of the bugs fixed. HERE IS STILL PRESENT THE CHOPPY TEXT BUG! We think is caused by hardware-composition, we don't know right now.
KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS IS VERY VERY UNSTABLE AND MAY BRICK YOUR PHONE IF YOU'RE DOING SOMETHING WRONG!
Let's get started. First of all, WIPE YOUR DEVICE & FORMAT /SYSTEM, /CACHE, /PRELOAD
1. Download this build of Ubuntu Touch: http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-tou...blet-armhf.zip
2. The both files from here: http://goo.im/devs/bluefa1con/ubuntutouch
3. Copy them to your internal / external memory. Note that dual-boot is not yet supported!
4. Wipe everything you can.
5. Install CM10.1 zip - DON'T REBOOT!
6. Flash quantal(...).zip file - AGAIN, DON'T REBOOT!
7. Finally, flash hdpi_overlay.zip and then you can reboot safely.
Report any bugs here!
So far it looks stable over the UI. Perfomances are not so great because both of us we can't manage to get working all the 2-cores. HW acceleration is disabled because is very buggy also the audio. Wifi works, cellular + 3G also. It is not very useful right now but as far as this will get more and more updates, it will be very cool
Note: DO NOT FLASH IT INTO OTHER VARIANTS OF i9100!
Thanks, I'll keep you updated.