Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,985 Members 54,050 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Preparation for ICS via Kies

Tip us?

rdhalla
Old
(Last edited by rdhalla; 14th March 2012 at 07:07 AM.)
Thanks Meter 70

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by asankaca View Post
I have a problem even after restoring original firmware. I tried finding a solution for this everywhere but came up empty.

I rooted my phone & installed Resurrection ROM 9.6. I decided to go with Stock rom & unroot the device. After unrooting when i connect to Kies it says

Code:
 "your device does not support sotware upgrading via kies".
Before all of this kies worked fine by the way!

My model no: i9100xwki8 (bought it when i was out of country)
Kies now shows, under current firmware version):

Code:
 I9100XWKI8/I9100KEKI2/I9100XXKI4/I9100XWKI8 (SEK)
Have i done something wrong?
Can this be fixed?
How can i fix this?
What should i do to stick with stock rom upgrade via kies?

I only did rooting from Odin & CWM; unrooting done from source i got in
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1075278

Any help is massively appreciated!
Yes kies won't update and will give the error message. U need to put the stock back in for kies to read again. Go to post #1 of this thread. Download fus downloaded. Pick ur rom / carrier / model / region download the stock rom. Flash it via Odin. Then ur kies should be able to update.

I think. Its just not unrooting. It has to do with stock kernels too. So try flashing with stock.

Ps- before getting back to stock. I was running ressurection 9.6 too

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
We are all story tellers night after night, But for even the most inartistic of us can still dream like masters.

manishdev
Old
(Last edited by manishdev; 17th March 2012 at 10:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Shady View Post
Why are you posting this? ICS doesn't come out today. You get mad at others for posting ICS topics and threads, yet you posted one when ICS is not even coming out today.

lol in a way dis is actually true...
and to be honest this is what happens when a talentless guy posts crap
Past Phones
Samsung Galaxy S2-G
Samsung Galaxy S2
Sony Xperia E

Click for My Custom ROM for I9100G
DARK ROM

asankaca
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Still kies can't update

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhalla View Post
Yes kies won't update and will give the error message. U need to put the stock back in for kies to read again. Go to post #1 of this thread. Download fus downloaded. Pick ur rom / carrier / model / region download the stock rom. Flash it via Odin. Then ur kies should be able to update.

I think. Its just not unrooting. It has to do with stock kernels too. So try flashing with stock.

Ps- before getting back to stock. I was running ressurection 9.6 too

I did all processes to the letter. Flashed with stock rom again. But strangely it rebooted with same settings as before, even after applying rom (i restored rom before & had a stock rom when i tried this method as well). When restoring with Odin this time said all was ok & it gave all the right statuses. Any thing else i can do? (Already tried reinstalling kies) Do i need to wipe cache or anything like it?

rdhalla
Old
(Last edited by rdhalla; 14th March 2012 at 05:15 PM.)
Thanks Meter 70

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by asankaca View Post
I did all processes to the letter. Flashed with stock rom again. But strangely it rebooted with same settings as before, even after applying rom (i restored rom before & had a stock rom when i tried this method as well). When restoring with Odin this time said all was ok & it gave all the right statuses. Any thing else i can do? (Already tried reinstalling kies) Do i need to wipe cache or anything like it?
This is what i did. I had Westcrips Resurrection ICS remix. I flashed over Resurrection a Modded stock Rom from samfirmware. If i remember correct it was XXLPH 4.0.3. LINK
Once i flashed 4.0.3 my root was Gone. I tried to connect it to . Kies wont let me update. It was giving me the same message that you are getting.... Not supported bla bla bla...... Then i downloaded the Original Stock 2.3.6 Rom using FUS DOwnloader and flashed that via ODIN. I wiped data and cleared the Cache before i flashed the Original ROM 2.3.6.. Once i flashed i had some issues which you can read in post #33. ... I am not sure if this will work for you, But this worked for me My kies now tells me there are no updates for my phone..

fro5tie
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Can you use that FUS downloader to get the sim free firmwares, e.g. the XX ones I think? Mine is on O2-uk but i bought the phone sim free and the firmware that was on it was the generic one not the O2 specific one, so how can I easily find the latest one for that?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201

JJEgan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4416
Quote:
Originally Posted by fro5tie View Post
Can you use that FUS downloader to get the sim free firmwares, e.g. the XX ones I think? Mine is on O2-uk but i bought the phone sim free and the firmware that was on it was the generic one not the O2 specific one, so how can I easily find the latest one for that?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201

No such animal as Sim free .
Stock Samsung firmware yes .
O2 firmware is on a locked or unlocked phone normally .
Just put stock Samsung firmware codes in the app .
Either from the stock rom threads or from the hidswver thread or even go to the stock ICS firmware post .
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1089874

jje

LimitedStreak
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Check Fus

what is check fus and what does it do? Does it give me a stock ROM or Kernel because i am using a different kernel and want to go back to stock to get ICS but i cant find it so does this go back to stock?

JJEgan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4416
Yippee that new Android tool called Google works .

http://fus.nanzen.se/

jje

TG09
Old
Thanks Meter 97
I have upgraded mine to the ICS 4.0.3 version on my I9100 S2, the version the ICS is for is the I9100T. This should be alright for it, or should I use the I9100 version of the ICS.

I am in New Zealand and on Telecom XT Network.

I used CheckFus tool on the phone and it says I have the latest version.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100
Build:SII I9100 AOSP NeatROM Slim v5.6[4.4.2]
Kernel: Team Win Recovery Project v2.7.0.0
Network: Telecom XT New Zealand

NeatROM AOSP FAQ - Link

The eternal conundrum "What happens when a unstoppable force meets a immovable object" was finally solved when TG09 punched himself in the face"

CloudyPear
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Exactly what I was looking for, cheers mate.