Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Big problem with google account authentication

OP jgittins

22nd June 2011, 09:30 PM   |  #31  
Member
Flag Reigate
Thanks Meter: 1
 
49 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
More
Is it going to turn out to be some really daft and simple issue? I mean, if it works when you change the Language to US (it did for me on Google Goggles), perhaps it is something like the date format in a text string being sent during authentication? i.e. changing language updates the regional settings.
22nd June 2011, 10:51 PM   |  #32  
(.)'s Avatar
Senior Member
Galaxy>Earth
Thanks Meter: 99
 
372 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
try to use wlan instead of 3g, this maybe helps..

I know that it is not a connection problem.. google just makes you think it is, when in fact its about to register your data.
28th June 2011, 01:25 PM   |  #33  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
I'm the developer of Andlytics and found a solution for my app. (Andlytics user Paulo told me about this)

I think the problem is related to the translation strings which Samsung changed from the default ones on the SGS2.

The original String which pops up on authentication requests is:

Code:
<string name="permission_request_notification_with_subtitle">Permission Requested\nfor account %s</string>
Samsung changed it to something without the '\n', that's why a IndexOutOfBounds error occurs (AccountManagerService.java):

Code:
final String titleAndSubtitle = mContext.getString(R.string.permission_request_notification_with_subtitle, account.name);
final int index = titleAndSubtitle.indexOf('\n');
final String title = titleAndSubtitle.substring(0, index); <--IndexOutOfBounds
final String subtitle = titleAndSubtitle.substring(index + 1);
The solution for me was to use a different method on authentication requests:

Code:
public AccountManagerFuture<Bundle> getAuthToken (Account account, String authTokenType, Bundle options, Activity activity, AccountManagerCallback<Bundle> callback, Handler handler)
instead of what I was using before:

Code:
public AccountManagerFuture<Bundle> getAuthToken (Account account, String authTokenType, boolean notifyAuthFailure, AccountManagerCallback<Bundle> callback, Handler handler)
Last edited by andlytics; 28th June 2011 at 01:44 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to andlytics For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st September 2011, 07:18 PM   |  #34  
drmacinyasha's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 278
 
1,698 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Just for the hell of it: This bug is present on the Epic 4G Touch. GG Samsung.
8th November 2011, 01:31 AM   |  #35  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmacinyasha

Just for the hell of it: This bug is present on the Epic 4G Touch. GG Samsung.

After reading about various I9100 users solving this by switching to English (US) I figured I'd try something similar. Since the only other language available on a Sprint Epic Touch 4G is Spanish I switched to Spanish, went back to Goggles and tried to save --> SUCCESS!

Now switch back to English and proceed to take stupid pictures to see just how much Google can recognize.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes