Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,580 Members 40,822 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Big problem with google account authentication

Tip us?

plastix
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Is it going to turn out to be some really daft and simple issue? I mean, if it works when you change the Language to US (it did for me on Google Goggles), perhaps it is something like the date format in a text string being sent during authentication? i.e. changing language updates the regional settings.

(.)
Old
Thanks Meter 99
try to use wlan instead of 3g, this maybe helps..

I know that it is not a connection problem.. google just makes you think it is, when in fact its about to register your data.

Do you like to share ALL your private files/data to strangers?
Like your actual Contacts, SMS, MMS, Emails, Photos, Videos, GPS Position, Notes, Passwords...

Everything of these can be easy downloaded in the backround with normal looking apps from your normal unsecured android smartphone!

Did you know that?

to secure your smartphone, read on:

Android Security Warning!

Android Privacy

andlytics
Old
(Last edited by andlytics; 28th June 2011 at 12:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
I'm the developer of Andlytics and found a solution for my app. (Andlytics user Paulo told me about this)

I think the problem is related to the translation strings which Samsung changed from the default ones on the SGS2.

The original String which pops up on authentication requests is:

Code:
<string name="permission_request_notification_with_subtitle">Permission Requested\nfor account %s</string>
Samsung changed it to something without the '\n', that's why a IndexOutOfBounds error occurs (AccountManagerService.java):

Code:
final String titleAndSubtitle = mContext.getString(R.string.permission_request_notification_with_subtitle, account.name);
final int index = titleAndSubtitle.indexOf('\n');
final String title = titleAndSubtitle.substring(0, index); <--IndexOutOfBounds
final String subtitle = titleAndSubtitle.substring(index + 1);
The solution for me was to use a different method on authentication requests:

Code:
public AccountManagerFuture<Bundle> getAuthToken (Account account, String authTokenType, Bundle options, Activity activity, AccountManagerCallback<Bundle> callback, Handler handler)
instead of what I was using before:

Code:
public AccountManagerFuture<Bundle> getAuthToken (Account account, String authTokenType, boolean notifyAuthFailure, AccountManagerCallback<Bundle> callback, Handler handler)
The Following User Says Thank You to andlytics For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drmacinyasha
Old
Thanks Meter 278
Just for the hell of it: This bug is present on the Epic 4G Touch. GG Samsung.

daemonsan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmacinyasha View Post
Just for the hell of it: This bug is present on the Epic 4G Touch. GG Samsung.
After reading about various I9100 users solving this by switching to English (US) I figured I'd try something similar. Since the only other language available on a Sprint Epic Touch 4G is Spanish I switched to Spanish, went back to Goggles and tried to save --> SUCCESS!

Now switch back to English and proceed to take stupid pictures to see just how much Google can recognize.