Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,949 Members 43,878 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I quit.

Tip us?

domini99
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 142
Default I quit.

I f÷׶ing quit.

I've been using this galaxy s2 for months but I quit.

Enough, simply enough.
This thing's battery life is so poor its just unusable. Rebooting the device makes me lose half the battery, and I can't fix it.

I really like this phone for it's performance but except for that it sucks. I've been trying to fix this for months but I cant get it working. No matter which ROM or which kernel, a full battery can't even hold one single evening of reading 9gag. (It survives just a hour, maybe a little more...)

The drop in the middle is a reboot

I've not used the phone all day, but at the second I touch it it drains from 70% to 10% in not even a hour, only app running was 9gag. It does NEVER survive a school day, no longer than 1/1.5 hour screen on time... The battery in it is brand new, and I even had it replaced twice by Samsung.

I'm sorry all, I'm taking my iphone with me tomorrow. This is no more fun.
░░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄
░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█
░░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░█
░▄▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░░█
█░▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒░█
█░▒█░█▀▄▄░░░░░█▀░░░░▀▄░░▄▀▀▀▄▒█
░█░▀▄░█▄░█▀▄▄░▀░▀▀░▄▄▀░░░░█░░█
░░█░░░▀▄▀█▄▄░█▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀██░█
░░░█░░░░██░░▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄████░█
░░░░█░░░░▀▀▄░█░░░█░█▀██████░█
░░░░░▀▄░░░░░▀▀▄▄▄█▄█▄█▄█▄▀░░█
░░░░░░░▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░█

Nightshadow931
Old
Thanks Meter 189
You obviosly have media scanner issue, since sdcard is the first one listed. Install BBS for more info, but I'm sure it's media scanner. It can be fixed quite easily though.
About losing half of the battery when you reboot, it's a KK's bug on S2.(That is KK you're using, right ? ) It is annoying, but can be solved. Just plug it into charger, reboot to recovery, and then reboot the recovery itself. Battery percentage should fill up.

And at the end, you should't have rooted and installed a custom ROM(s) if you can't solve a simple problems like this.
With sammy based ROMs, you wouldn't have had those issues, but KK based ROMs are not perfect, so either deal with it, or simply don't use them.

ahmedelhofy
Old
Thanks Meter 184
You certainly have a problem with the mediascanner... A clean install would probably fix it...

Kushal19
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshadow931 View Post
You obviosly have media scanner issue, since sdcard is the first one listed. Install BBS for more info, but I'm sure it's media scanner. It can be fixed quite easily though.
About losing half of the battery when you reboot, it's a KK's bug on S2.(That is KK you're using, right ? ) It is annoying, but can be solved. Just plug it into charger, reboot to recovery, and then reboot the recovery itself. Battery percentage should fill up.

And at the end, you should't have rooted and installed a custom ROM(s) if you can't solve a simple problems like this.
With sammy based ROMs, you wouldn't have had those issues, but KK based ROMs are not perfect, so either deal with it, or simply don't use them.

Well said man, also I'd like to add, maybe try an app like Greenify, it helps A LOT with battery.

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedelhofy View Post
You certainly have a problem with the mediascanner... A clean install would probably fix it...
Yeah, this bug used to happen to me a lot, a clean install would fix it, also maybe try a new rom? I've been on PACman since 4.2.2 and it's amazing=p
The battery is really good. Maybe try SetCPU as an app? - It's really good

domini99
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 142
Its some time later now, tried all of it, still no improvement
░░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄

souler456
Old
Thanks Meter 130
You have some serious sh*t going on your phone, dude...

I am browsing 9GAG also on my S2, and I can survive 2 Hours straight PLUS listening to music PLUS using Viper4Android (High Quality Sound Applied)... And has an extra 30 minutes to spare!

It's either something badass app running on your Background, or your Battery is just weak...

I have a 2-year-old Stock Battery and I can perform these... So... Yeah... Your setup sucks... Don't blame your s2...

Proud Samsung Galaxy S2 User

☆ My S2's Internal Organs☆

ROM: SlimSaber 4.4.4 Unofficial by fusionjack(09/01)

Kernel: Stock SlimKernel

V4A Settings: Stereo Headset Settings for the Poor ♪(º ロ º๑)♪

☆ Wanna Delve Deeper? ☆

CPU Freq > 1GHz

Gov - I/O > PegasusQ - ROW

Tweaks > Download Here. For PegasusQ only

The Following User Says Thank You to souler456 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

domini99
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by souler456 View Post
You have some serious sh*t going on your phone, dude...

I am browsing 9GAG also on my S2, and I can survive 2 Hours straight PLUS listening to music PLUS using Viper4Android (High Quality Sound Applied)... And has an extra 30 minutes to spare!

It's either something badass app running on your Background, or your Battery is just weak...

I have a 2-year-old Stock Battery and I can perform these... So... Yeah... Your setup sucks... Don't blame your s2...

I can't use 9gag longer than a hour,
Im not done troubleshooting b because I simply can't give up Android.. Nobody can
░░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄

souler456
Old
Thanks Meter 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by domini99 View Post
I can't use 9gag longer than a hour,
Im not done troubleshooting b because I simply can't give up Android.. Nobody can
Dude... Just use BetterBatteryStats! Or GSM Battery Monitor to see what Apps are eating your extra battery juices!

I also recommend you to stick to Stock-JB-based ROMs (like NeatROM JB), since it's one of the Custom Stock ROMs that's gonna give you a longer-lasting battery. I recommend NeatROM since it's packed with Apolo Kernel, which also a good kernel for battery!

I use SlimSaber KitKat by fusionjack, since I want features. But if you want to enjoy more Screen-ON time with your S2, better get NeatROM

Proud Samsung Galaxy S2 User

☆ My S2's Internal Organs☆

ROM: SlimSaber 4.4.4 Unofficial by fusionjack(09/01)

Kernel: Stock SlimKernel

V4A Settings: Stereo Headset Settings for the Poor ♪(º ロ º๑)♪

☆ Wanna Delve Deeper? ☆

CPU Freq > 1GHz

Gov - I/O > PegasusQ - ROW

Tweaks > Download Here. For PegasusQ only