Twitter Link for more news:
- Sensors (needs tweaking)
- SD Cards
- HWComposer (strange things are going on)
What’s not working?
- Microphone on Phone Calls (trying to write a HAL from scratch)
- Video Recording
- Video Codecs
- Device Encryption
- USB Sharing (kernel update needed)
Quote from the man himself:
Now with much more IceCream on my Sandwich!
Let me have a look at my visionarys orb.
I can see…
- Kernel 3.0.9
- New RIL (doesn’t work with old modem firmwares)
- TouchWiz (i still hate it, doesn’t feel good, stock aosp ics feels much better)
- Opencore is finally gone
- looks cleaner under the hood
- still old alsa, not the new tinyalsa
- users won’t be impressed
Now let me watch on my device…
- aosp framework
- graphics seems to work good
- it has sound, but cannot test mic beacuse of ril problems
- ril isn’t working very good, crashing all the time. might need to add a new samsung ril class like in the past
- gps seems to work
- hwcomposer is running
- camera is running
- bluetooth works
- wifi works
- sensors aren’t working yet, but should be no problem
- usb sharing works
Ok, too much said already.
Having Kernel sources would make it much easier, but that’s probably far away.
Stay tuned! Maybe we get ril fixed in a few days then we got something really amazing and clean for you.
More Updates 12/12/2011:
Today we could spend some more time to fiddle with this stuff.
RIL is very unstable, even on the leak.
It’s not usable. Probably have to wait for a newer leak. :(
My o2 card doesn’t work, my vodafone card works.
Might be NITZ related.
Some little bugs here and there like unamplifed haptic feedback, broken sdcards and some other little things.
Sound is working, Mic is working :) , Camera is working, Wifi is working, Bluetooth is working, HWComposer, TVOutService is up…
To fix every little bug we need kernel sources for sure. So probably in january 2012.
If we can get RIL stable, we might release a aosp/cm9 build for you.
But don’t point at us if we don’t.
Latest from the team...Stay tuned for more as i get it...
Developers working on the project:
- Adam G
- To teamhacksung for working their magic to bring CM9 to us.
- Codeworkx for his help in keeping this thread up to date.
- And to Stylez, Conantroutman here for helping me out with previous thread and this one now.
Please read carefully here to:
If you don't stop annoying devs, they'll leave XDA forever. If this happens you'll never get this ICS Port onto your Phone. You have to wait for Samsung to release something which might be usable in about some Months. Start using your brains, read threads fully and understand it before you're going to add a post. And they are doing their best to get as fast as they can a stable build out to us. So we in return we can be patient and wait. All updates will be above and Codeworkx and i will bring the latest in the sticky here. Please watch here also