Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[REF][ICS] Kernel Stuffs - How is ICS Kernel Different | updated may-28-2012

OP droidphile

17th April 2012, 06:59 PM   |  #51  
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
I was playing with ExTweaks and this info comes in handy. Thanks!.

However, it is still above my understanding whether these settings can solve the infamous Android bug that audio playing cannot be resumed by means of the headset button after the phone has gone deep sleep (at least not with one pause/play click).

This might well be one of the top 5 most annoying android features (judging from non-expert users posts) as it happens on a wide range of android devices.
As a matter of fact, some people's phones work nicely, and this bug does not occur while the phone is charging (although battery stats show the phone is not awake, seems not deep sleeping neither).

Do you guys know whether kernel settings can overcome this issue? or any combination of rom-kernel that solves it?

It's been almost a year now. I have searched for detailed info on this issue but found nothing. Checked the /system/urs/keychars/ files. Tested different kernel-rom combos and now some Governor-CPU Idle Mode combos. No luck.
If after all this is not kernel related and therefore it should not be posted here, I am sorry, please feel free to delete.
19th April 2012, 09:27 AM   |  #52  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 6,968

1,065 posts
I'm not sure about how can a headset button wake the device from deep sleep.
While phone's is charging - whether it's wall charger or usb charger, enough interrupts are fired from time to time that prevents phone from going into deep sleep, so it will respond to headset buttons.
19th April 2012, 03:51 PM   |  #53  
Flag Καλαμάτα
Thanks Meter: 534

1,623 posts
More
Great thread! +1 =)
Last edited by fr3quency; 19th April 2012 at 04:08 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to fr3quency For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2012, 02:38 PM   |  #54  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 218

708 posts
More
Hi,
once again you amaze us with an extraordinary topic, informative and so easy to read. Thanks a lot. I'll translate in french :). I have a question: is it normal to lose dualboot when flashing a new. Primary rom? The second is still present at/ sdcard/.secondr and I flashed back the Siyah kernel 3.1RC6. THanks in advance.
21st April 2012, 05:05 PM   |  #55  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 6,968

1,065 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thialala

Hi,
once again you amaze us with an extraordinary topic, informative and so easy to read. Thanks a lot. I'll translate in french :). I have a question: is it normal to lose dualboot when flashing a new. Primary rom? The second is still present at/ sdcard/.secondr and I flashed back the Siyah kernel 3.1RC6. THanks in advance.

If the new rom has a kernel other than Siyah, then you lose dual boot only temporarily. Once you flash Siyah, dual boot should be back as long as you haven't done anything to data.img and cache.img inside /sdcard/.secondrom

Second rom /system resides in a hidden partition - mmcblk0p9 and flashing a rom will not do anything to it.
21st April 2012, 06:21 PM   |  #56  

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidphile

I'm not sure about how can a headset button wake the device from deep sleep.
While phone's is charging - whether it's wall charger or usb charger, enough interrupts are fired from time to time that prevents phone from going into deep sleep, so it will respond to headset buttons.

thnks 4 ur answer.

will keep on hoping there is a solution

headset button controller has an option to keep phone awake when headset is plugged. but this is terrible for battery duration
24th April 2012, 08:08 AM   |  #57  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 218

708 posts
More
@droidphile
Thanks for your answer. I'll look into it. Once again thanks fir sharing your knowledge with us.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thialala For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2012, 05:30 PM   |  #58  

19 posts
thanks for the great info!
The Following User Says Thank You to theman22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2012, 10:49 PM   |  #59  
Flag Waterloo
Thanks Meter: 413

174 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theman22

thanks for the great info!

+1
The Following User Says Thank You to keeganmccallum For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2012, 11:02 AM   |  #60  
Thanks Meter: 1,364

1,030 posts
Droidphile :

can I invite you for a drink ?
Redbull/vodka or Mojitos ?

Cheers matey

The Following User Says Thank You to ram3n For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bln, dual booting, extweaks, ics kernels, kernel tweaks
Previous Thread Next Thread