Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 52,030 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REF][ICS] Kernel Stuffs - How is ICS Kernel Different | updated may-28-2012

Tip us?

hydroxymoron
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I was playing with ExTweaks and this info comes in handy. Thanks!.

However, it is still above my understanding whether these settings can solve the infamous Android bug that audio playing cannot be resumed by means of the headset button after the phone has gone deep sleep (at least not with one pause/play click).

This might well be one of the top 5 most annoying android features (judging from non-expert users posts) as it happens on a wide range of android devices.
As a matter of fact, some people's phones work nicely, and this bug does not occur while the phone is charging (although battery stats show the phone is not awake, seems not deep sleeping neither).

Do you guys know whether kernel settings can overcome this issue? or any combination of rom-kernel that solves it?

It's been almost a year now. I have searched for detailed info on this issue but found nothing. Checked the /system/urs/keychars/ files. Tested different kernel-rom combos and now some Governor-CPU Idle Mode combos. No luck.
If after all this is not kernel related and therefore it should not be posted here, I am sorry, please feel free to delete.

droidphile
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 6909
I'm not sure about how can a headset button wake the device from deep sleep.
While phone's is charging - whether it's wall charger or usb charger, enough interrupts are fired from time to time that prevents phone from going into deep sleep, so it will respond to headset buttons.

Konstantinos
Old
(Last edited by Konstantinos; 19th April 2012 at 03:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 323
Great thread! +1 =)
The Following User Says Thank You to Konstantinos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Thialala
Old
Thanks Meter 218
Hi,
once again you amaze us with an extraordinary topic, informative and so easy to read. Thanks a lot. I'll translate in french :). I have a question: is it normal to lose dualboot when flashing a new. Primary rom? The second is still present at/ sdcard/.secondr and I flashed back the Siyah kernel 3.1RC6. THanks in advance.
Please Press Thanks if my answer helped you. I heard it's the XDA currency .

Criskelo Rom : Latest Version
Kernel : Siyah Kernel

droidphile
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 6909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thialala View Post
Hi,
once again you amaze us with an extraordinary topic, informative and so easy to read. Thanks a lot. I'll translate in french :). I have a question: is it normal to lose dualboot when flashing a new. Primary rom? The second is still present at/ sdcard/.secondr and I flashed back the Siyah kernel 3.1RC6. THanks in advance.
If the new rom has a kernel other than Siyah, then you lose dual boot only temporarily. Once you flash Siyah, dual boot should be back as long as you haven't done anything to data.img and cache.img inside /sdcard/.secondrom

Second rom /system resides in a hidden partition - mmcblk0p9 and flashing a rom will not do anything to it.

hydroxymoron
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidphile View Post
I'm not sure about how can a headset button wake the device from deep sleep.
While phone's is charging - whether it's wall charger or usb charger, enough interrupts are fired from time to time that prevents phone from going into deep sleep, so it will respond to headset buttons.
thnks 4 ur answer.

will keep on hoping there is a solution

headset button controller has an option to keep phone awake when headset is plugged. but this is terrible for battery duration

Thialala
Old
Thanks Meter 218
@droidphile
Thanks for your answer. I'll look into it. Once again thanks fir sharing your knowledge with us.
Please Press Thanks if my answer helped you. I heard it's the XDA currency .

Criskelo Rom : Latest Version
Kernel : Siyah Kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to Thialala For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

theman22
Old
Thanks Meter 1
thanks for the great info!
The Following User Says Thank You to theman22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

keeganmccallum
Old
Thanks Meter 413

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by theman22 View Post
thanks for the great info!
+1
The Following User Says Thank You to keeganmccallum For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ram3n
Old
Thanks Meter 1361
Droidphile :

can I invite you for a drink ?
Redbull/vodka or Mojitos ?

Cheers matey