Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,793 Members 40,622 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][GT-I9100][JB][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 official nightlies // discussion thread

Tip us?

robdood
Old
(Last edited by robdood; 13th February 2013 at 11:53 AM.)
Thanks Meter 29
Ok so I've done a complete fresh flash this morning and my proximity sensor is broken.

A google of this forum seems to find me little info. Any ideas?

Edit: a reboot fixed it temporarily, but it's still happening randomly. Boo.

Hasi Popasi
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Default AW: [ROM][GT-I9100][JB][4.2.1] CyanogenMod 10.1 official nightlies // discussion thre

Guys, just enable Force GPU rendering in the development settings to fix the freezes with WhatsApp...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hasi Popasi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Treveo85
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasi Popasi View Post
Guys, just enable Force GPU rendering in the development settings to fix the freezes with WhatsApp...

But are there disadvantages of using [Force GPU rendering] since it is default off (maybe battery duration)?

iamnotkurtcobain
Old
Thanks Meter 2326
Default AW: [ROM][GT-I9100][JB][4.2.1] CyanogenMod 10.1 official nightlies // discussion thre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveo85 View Post
But are there disadvantages of using [Force GPU rendering] since it is default off (maybe battery duration)?
I have it ALWAYS enabled.... Battery is good but I'm running the superior cm10

When I start a sentence I always finish a sent

Hasi Popasi
Old
Thanks Meter 15

In theory it should enhance battery duration... I haven't noticed any negative side effect...

manjake
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1000716 View Post
I'll buy a Nexus the day they include a decent sized or removable battery and a microsd slot. Until then I'd rather have my S2, or any other phone similarly equipped.
Even with it's lack of OEM support the CM team have worked wonders. Sure it's not performing as well as it could, but it's still pretty damned good for a two year old device.
Sent from my phone.
Yes the nexus 4,7 and 10 are potentially fantastic but ultimately ruined by lack of removable battery and expandable memory. Smartphone battery's deteriorate over time and need to be replaced. Also, 8-16GB is not enough for a lot of power users

TheSaw
Old
Thanks Meter 414

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by manjake View Post
Yes the nexus 4,7 and 10 are potentially fantastic but ultimately ruined by lack of removable battery and expandable memory. Smartphone battery's deteriorate over time and need to be replaced. Also, 8-16GB is not enough for a lot of power users
They're meant to be replaced every 2-3 years. Battery lasts that long.
GS2 i9100 - CM10.1.3
MotoX [XT1053|32GB|B/WB/B]

manjake
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Battery life can deteriorate significantly after just one year of excessive usage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaw View Post
They're meant to be replaced every 2-3 years. Battery lasts that long.
The Following User Says Thank You to manjake For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheSaw
Old
Thanks Meter 414

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by manjake View Post
Battery life can deteriorate significantly after just one year of excessive usage.
Well, more money for google then. It will give you an excuse to scratch the itch to buy a new phone.
GS2 i9100 - CM10.1.3
MotoX [XT1053|32GB|B/WB/B]
The Following User Says Thank You to TheSaw For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hitmoo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have a problem, and can't find any answer to it. I have Samsung Note 2, international version "N7100".

I installed cyanogenmod 10.1 "cm-10.1-20130212-NIGHTLY-n7100.zip" yesterday from their site. Was working fine except for for booting. When I boot the device the logo of "Samsung Note II" goes crazy and messed up. And I do not see the Cynogenmod boot animation. And the screen stays black. But pressing the volume up or down makes sound as if there are working fine, with nothing on the screen. If I press anything on the screen, it seems to work, as I tried to memorize the position of a certain app, and found out that I opened it while the screen was blank. The vibration of pressing or choosing something on the screen was working, so I am assuming it was working. After a minute or two minutes, I have to press the home button, and the screen shows OK, and works fine.

This happens ever single time I restart or power on the device.

I tried to change the boot animation to the official and to unofficial, but I don't get any boot logo or animation.

I tried to download the "Boot Animation" app from play store, and after downloading and installing a boot animation, I apply it, and choose preview current. And I still get nothing on the screen. Blank screen. But I can press the back button and it takes me back normally.

here is what I did:
1. Rooted
2. Installed Clockwork Mod recovery
3. Factory wipe, cache wipe, dilvak wipe (not sure if I spelled these right, but did them anyway)
4. Installed Cynogenmod 10.1

Now I updated with "cm-10.1-20130213-NIGHTLY-n7100.zip"... but the problem is still there.

Can anyone help please?

Tags
aosp 4.2.2, cyanogenmod 10.1