5,605,438 Members 43,654 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [SGH-I757M only] CyanogenMod 10 (ALPHA)

Tip us?

jonnyjb
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Ok I've come across a bad bug. I lost service a couple times. And tried turning airport on and off but only a reboot will fix it.
But on a plus it reboots in about 30 seconds which i think is quite a lot faster then ics
Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda app-developers app

recordman
Old
Thanks Meter 5
MoboPlayer plays a 1080p clip smoothly in GB, but it's jerky in CM10. I didn't test in CM9. Overall, CM10 is quite usuable. It's not quite as smooth as another CM10 rom (Atrix) I've tried, but it's impressive for such a new build.

JermIsBallin
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default scrolling home screen

does anyone else find it a bit laggy scrolling through the home screen? otherwise thanks for the mod man! =D

B.Moreira
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Has anyone had an issue with the screen not turning on when you press the power button to wake up the phone? It's happened to me about 5 times now since installing the rom and the only way to get it to turn on is to pull the battery.
Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE

recordman
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JermIsBallin View Post
does anyone else find it a bit laggy scrolling through the home screen? otherwise thanks for the mod man! =D
Yeah, it's a bit laggy. I'm using the Nova Launcher.

graperkins
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JermIsBallin View Post
I think this is due to a bug in the Qualcomm driver. You can modify /system/build.prop and change debug.mdpcomp.maxlayer=2 to 3, but you'll get odd video flickering sometimes. Myself, I'd rather have the flicker, as the laggy scrolling also caused input lag and made navigation frustrating.

deafened
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Default So far so good!

I took the CM10 plunge last night. Flashed easily. Booted fast. Once I was signed into my Google account, Play reinstalled my apps. I used Titanium to restore data on some apps.

I had 2 random reboots (nothing serious) and lost signal once (a reboot fixed this).

I had to force stop the Media Server and reboot as it was not picking up all my music. I never use the Gallery so it doesn't really affect me.

Bell sent me a message that ICS would be available today. I filed the message in my "who the hell cares" folder.

Thanks for all your great work. CM10 is my daily driver!

bestavrosg
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Day 2 of flashing it and its working fine. No third party camera apps have been working but that's no big deal. I found some lag in the transition of homescreens so I am currengly using 4.1 jellybean launcher by Tim Hutt in the play store. This is definafelh good for daily use but like anything, could use some jmprovements. The one thing I am truly flying for is touch to focus on the camera, hopefully well see that in a future build!!!

dsixda
Old
Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 4777
New build will be up on the server in about 15 minutes. Should fix the camera issues with camcorder crashing, Google Goggles, 3rd party cams, etc.

maydax
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I went back to CM9 for the time being. Was having too many reboots, black screens and other glitches with apps such as camera apps and some sound apps (Sound Meter Lite would not work at all).

They are issues with CM10 itself as I have see them on my Galaxy Note too. I will be keeping my eye on this thread and will try it again once CM10 is a little more stable. Thanks to dsixda for your fine work.