Camera fail - no focus i9100
just wanted to submit a bug report for an i9100 on CM10.1 nightlies.
Since the 4.2.2 roms were used my camera did the following:
- Was not able to focus at any stage.
- video camera refused to record
- did not update to the new CM 10.1 camera - was stuck on the ics camera.
Last night i tinkered with the gallerygoogle.apk fix (delete and reflash the rom) this did not succeed in installing the new camera but:
- the video camer preview screen (the one you watch while recording) flickered with the image rolling across the screen either vertically or diagonally. The record function did work though.
- focus did not work.
I even flashed an AOKP image to see if the camera worked on that. Beside the fact i found the UI to be errrrkkk, the new camera fully functioned. After reflashing back to CM10.1 nightly 20130222 for i9100 the following occured:
- new cm10.1 camera installed
- video recorded
- sphere force closed the application (kind of expected)
- Camera still refused to focus at any stage.
So really the focus is the only remaining bug for me which i'd love to have fixed. Not sure if this is on the cards to updated nightlies but wanted to record it somewhere.
Cheers again for a brilliantly polished ROM.