[ROM][GT-I9100][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds | DISCUSSION THREAD
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
* Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading
* cause of male impotence.
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo
. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review
. You can also view the Changelog
for a full list of changes & features.
If you're a bloody noob and getting confused by following simple instructions, go down and read about using the noob-proof ODIN method.
First time installing CyanogenMod 9 to your Galaxy S II, or coming from another ROM:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- READ FAQs: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.p...sked_Questions
- Make sure you're running ICS bootloaders lower than LPH!
(if you're unsure, flash the CM9 Resurrection Edition)
- Make sure you're running a proper working ClockworkMod-Recovery
- Copy GApps and CM9 ZIPs to your internal SDCard
- Boot into Recovery
- Flash CM9 zip
- Flash GApps zip
- DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your calendar sync will not work)
- Don't restore Apps using Titanium Backup!
Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9:
- Copy CM9 ZIP to your internal SDCard
- Boot into Recovery
- Flash CM9 zip
Using the noob-proof ODIN method:
- Download CM9 Resurrection Edition
- Download GApps and put it onto your internal sdcard
- Open Odin
- Choose cm-9-XXXXXXXX-ODIN-galaxys2.tar.md5 as PDA
- Boot your phone into download mode
- Connect your device via usb to your computer
- Wait till Odin has fully recognized your phone
- Hit the start button and wait till the flash process is finished
- Device boots automatically into recovery
- Flash GApps
- Reboot into CM9
- Follow above steps to update CM9 to lastest available version (Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9)
Did you read THIS POST fully, the FAQs and KNOWN ISSUES?
can also be found at ROM-Manager
Get the latest Version from Rom-Manager. We recommend to use 20120317.
Newer, unsupported versions can be found at http://goo.im/gapps
CM9 Resurrection Edition for use with Odin:
CWM flashable Modems:
LPX Modem: Download
LPW Modem: Download
LPS Modem: Download
LPR Modem: Download
Have a look at ROM-Manager (Developer: codeworkx) for more Modems.
TEAMHACKSUNG SUPPORT CHAT
Don't expect any support if you:
- are not running stock cm-kernel
- have installed any mods
- have modified system files
If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
Open-Source doesn't meant Out-of-Respect!!!
Thread for Developers only!!!
AdamG-, atinm, codeworkx, coolya, guiper, nebkat, Unhelpful, xplodwild, teamhacksung, the cyanogenmod-team.
If you want to donate a few bucks for the work we're doing, goto teamhacksung website
and hit the big donate button.
Thanks to all donators!