XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][GT-I9100][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds | DISCUSSION THREAD

Tip us?

BrandoHD
Old
Thanks Meter 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by zemariaabreusantos View Post
I'd like to know when (if) it's going to be brought to the rom. Either that or the ICS stock music player :P Btw: out of curiosity why isn't the ÎCS music app on CM9 but instead the one from gingerbread?
It will be bundled when the CM devs are ready to bundle it in the ROM

codeworkx
Old
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 43508

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramelov View Post
While "Build fingerprint" value is still "4.0.3/IML74K" in CM 9? Shouldn't it be changed?
Doesn't matter.
We're using the original samsung fingerprint.
In gingerbread it was needed for market compatibility.
Currently inactive CyanogenMod Developer
Twitter: http://twitter.com/codeworkx

Current devices:
Google Nexus 5: Google Android 4.4, Stock Recovery
Google Nexus 4: 3.4.y, CWM6, CM11
HTC One: 3.4.y, CWM6, CM11
Sony Xperia Tablet Z: 3.4.y, CWM6, CM11
Sony Xperia T: 3.4.y, CWM6, CM10.2

BBQLinux - An Arch based Linux distribution for Android developers
Website: http://www.bbqlinux.org | Screenshots | Downloads | IRC: #bbqlinux @ irc.freenode.net
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to codeworkx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jerseykat1
Old
Thanks Meter 26
is it just me or should the automatic brightness for my display be faster to respond to light changes? it seems to take atleast 10 seconds to adjust. Is there some settings that i may have missed?

No other complaints about this rom at all! i love it!

i am using build number imm76d.

danfalcas
Old
Thanks Meter 40

DONATE TO ME
Question Android Bea,

Hi, hey what about the android beam?

Does it works? is it a myth? or what?

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 23408

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bala_gamer View Post
the dev has only said to expect no support from himself or his team when using other kernels and in no way has mentioned to stay away from this thread. there are people around here who use other kernels to help and support others. if flashing another kernels annoys you , why cant you ignore? is it that hard?

all i asked you was to be polite to users who are in other kernels.
Users on other kernels should stay out of this thread. If it didn't come from teamhacksung, don't clutter this thread with reports. This thread is hard enough to read as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbohm View Post
btw codeworkx said you should not post here
it is missleading because there are bugs reported that are not bugs and only happens with different kernels.
there are threads for those kernels: stay there.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
Yup, and talking about the stupid bugs here just makes it harder for ANYONE to find useful information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbkiwi View Post
Doesn't seem to be a lot of new commits in the change log. I'm relatively new to CM. Wondering whether that's normal, Easter, or development has slowed down.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
Everyone needs a break sometimes - remember, kernel source dropped just over 2 weeks ago, leading to a fairly major development push.

Also, after the USB Mass Storage SoDs issue, everyone is being a little more careful about pushing out changes.

Also a few major feature implementations are still stuck in review (such as dock audio) - the more **** you have in review, the more of a pain it is to work other things.

Last but not least - I don't know about others, but I've been spending a lot of time this past week cleaning up in prep for a family visit! After Easter I need a break to be honest... Fixing Samsung's broken **** in the source release was not fun.
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 23408

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by danfalcas View Post
Hi, hey what about the android beam?

Does it works? is it a myth? or what?
It will never work on straight I9100 (no NFC hardware) - I9100P and I777 might get it due to having NFC hardware, there are developers for both devices currently engaged in making it play nice.
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations

jcasares
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandoHD View Post
It will be bundled when the CM devs are ready to bundle it in the ROM
I don't know... it works better than the music player that is currently bundled. Where Music crashes miserably (trying to play a searched song) the other works perfectly. Replaced to try it.

It would be nice if they added a manager to get missing album images. Stupid me that I converted to MP3 my CDs without using ID3v2 or album images. I reconverted some but I don't want to do the rest.

bala_gamer
Old
(Last edited by bala_gamer; 7th April 2012 at 04:13 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6513

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512 View Post
Users on other kernels should stay out of this thread. If it didn't come from teamhacksung, don't clutter this thread with reports. This thread is hard enough to read as it is.
fine agreed, actually i have posted(if any) bugs only when using the stock cm9 kernels and not when using other kernels. Hope other users follow the same
DEVICE : 9505 ARCTIC BLUE || MODEM : NC6 || PRIMARY : STOCK NC6 || KERNEL : KTOONSEZ || DPI : 320 || LAUNCHER : BUZZ || APPS : 200+ || BATTERY BACKUP : ~~~
|| temp fix for screen smearing in s4 || SenseWiz Theme || multi dpi apps || S3 CPU/GPU overclocking guide || New to Android/s3? Read the FAQ here ||

Oldies : Galaxy S3,S2,SL|| Nokia X6,5230,N73
The Following User Says Thank You to bala_gamer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

notentirelysure85
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseykat1 View Post
is it just me or should the automatic brightness for my display be faster to respond to light changes? it seems to take atleast 10 seconds to adjust. Is there some settings that i may have missed?

It's not just you. Sensor does work but reaction time is somewhat slow. From memory it was the same in CM7 too... Maybe just a hardware limitation?

snappy123
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseykat1 View Post

Yea same prob habit slow to respond

Tags
aosp, cm9, cm9 galaxy s2, cyanogenmod, galaxys2, gt-i9100, ics, jellybean is king now, sgsii, teamhacksung