Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,054 Members 40,484 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][GT-I9100][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds | DISCUSSION THREAD

Tip us?

MikeMurphy
Old
(Last edited by MikeMurphy; 12th April 2012 at 11:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMarques01 View Post
What about the guys complaining about the battery life would provide a little more information like BetterBatteryStats screenshots? Simply whining about battery drainage won't make it better nor is it of any help to the devs.

My battery life isn't better or worse compared to the last builds.
If someone suggests a free app I would be happy to be a guinea pig. I'd rather donate the money directly to the CM crew.

I've read of people having problems with slow GPS lock. With Wifi off I can't get any lock whatsoever. When my wifi is on the GPS is a quick and accurate lock. I'm running DUKJ1 modem for Vodafone Au 850/1900/2100mhz on my i9100T. Not sure if that matters. Maybe its the modems/basebands which are causing some to have problems with GPS and others to not? Same modem/baseband was great in CM7. If I can help do let me know.

April 11 nightly

Anyways, as always thank you Daniel for your work.

confusedmuse
Old
(Last edited by confusedmuse; 24th April 2012 at 06:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 200
Unnecessary post. Deleted.

TheSniperFan
Old
Thanks Meter 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by hIdd3N- View Post
i finally received my otg cable. long story short: usb audio via fiio e7 doesn't work. 411 nightly stock kernel or siyah 3.1 b2
Did you try the dock settings? I wonder which nightly the guy on head-fi used...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
Quem vem la, sou eu, Quem vem la, sou eu,
Berimbau bateu, Capoeira sou eu

espenfjo
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2258

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by plazzTT View Post
These links might be handy for anyone looking for latest changes when the http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=galaxys2 page is down (seems to say "Yahoo API is down, please try about five minutes later" many times during the day for me.)

CM9 non device specific changes: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,sta...cs+-device,n,z

SGS2 specific changes: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,sta...s+galaxys2,n,z

(and here you can see the changes still being worked on (ie - not approved yet) CM9 general and SGS2 specific.)
I think these two links should cover everything relevant to our SGS2.

First one for merged changes, second one for changes in progress (being reviewed).

http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,sta..._samsung,l,n,z

http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,statuspen+branch:ics+project:CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_galaxys2+OR+statuspen+bra nch:ics+project:CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base+OR+statuspen+branch:ics+ project:CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Settings+OR+statuspen+bran ch:ics+project:CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Camera+OR+statuspen+branch :ics+project:CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Trebuchet+OR+statuspen+bra nch:ics+project:CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Email+OR+statuspen+branch: ics+project:CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_DSPManager+OR+statuspen+br anch:ics+project:CyanogenMod/android_packages_providers_ContactsProvider+OR+sta tuspen+branch:ics+project:CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Phone+OR+statuspen+branch: ics+project:CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Mms+OR+statuspen+branch:ic s+project:CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Contacts+OR+statuspen+bran ch:ics+project:CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Nfc+OR+statuspen+branch:ic s+project:CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Browser+OR+statuspen+branc h:ics+project:CyanogenMod/CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Superuser+OR+statuspen+bra nch:ics+project:CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_CMStats+OR+statuspen+branc h:ics+project:CyanogenMod/android_packages_inputmethods_LatinIME+OR+status pen+branch:ics+project:CyanogenMod/android_packages_providers_MediaProvider+OR+status pen+branch:ics+project:CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Launcher2+OR+statuspen+bra nch:ics+project:CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Bluetooth+OR+statuspen+bra nch:ics+project:CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Music+OR+statuspen+branch: ics+project:CyanogenMod/android_vendor_cm+OR+statuspen+branch:ics+projec t:CyanogenMod/android_system_core+OR+statuspen+branch:ics+proj ect:CyanogenMod/android_system_netd+OR+statuspen+branch:ics+proj ect:CyanogenMod/android_system_bluetooth+OR+statuspen+branch:ics +project:CyanogenMod/android_system_vold+OR+statuspen+branch:ics+proj ect:CyanogenMod/android_system_extras+OR+statuspen+branch:ics+pr oject:CyanogenMod/android_hardware_libhardware+OR+statuspen+branch :ics+project:CyanogenMod/android_hardware_libhardware_legacy+OR+statuspen +branch:ics+project:CyanogenMod/android_hardware_ril+OR+statuspen+branch:ics+pro ject:CyanogenMod/android+OR+statuspen+branch:ics+project:Cyanogen Mod/android_build+OR+statuspen+branch:ics+project:Cy anogenMod/android_hardware_samsung,l,n,z
Android and CyanogenMod fan
Using Mako with CM10.1
Using N8000 with CM10.1
Using GT-I9100 with CM10.1
Using N8000 with CM10.1
Not using Maguro

Gplus: http://gplus.to/espenfjo
Twitter: http://twitter.com/espenfjo
IRC: Espenfjo @ Freenode

CyanogenMod device maintainer

augustofretes
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4qu4rius View Post
Then it's a good thing that there is no job contract for a benevolent action, that most countries don't recognise bad taste as an offence, that you're hopefully too far from him/her to do something as stupid.
Kudos for your sense of humor, you must be very popular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4qu4rius View Post
or maybe it's just a good thing to have the option to turn keyboard sounds off, as almost everyone do anyway.
"As almost everyone does" God, don't you love out of the ass statistics!

Of course I turned them off, but not because I like sounds off but rather because the sound selection is just terrible.

This was a childish minor mistake, is case of let's just change because we can! Now they should change it back or pick a set of sounds that is an improvement over the original set for any human ear besides the guy who changed them.

I deeply appreciate their effort, from that it doesn't follow that criticisms should be banned.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

espenfjo
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2258

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by greglord View Post
I'm having some serious issues for which, aLogCat doesnt show anything since I think the phone totally hangs..

I noticed that, after using headset or charging the phone to 100%, ~10 to 30 minutes after that, the phone totally hangs. Its like having sleep of death with one difference- when we had sleep of death in nightly 0403, the phone wasn't overheating.

In my case, the screen is turned off, pressing any button doesnt do anything. The phone is overheated as you would overclock it and go play some gome for some time. I have to force reboot it by holding power button. Checking alogcat after that, of course, doesnt show anything (or am I checking it wrong?)

After every update, I always clear cache and dalvik.

Background processes at that time are usually the default ones:
Settings, DSPManager, TvOut, Google Services.

Is there anything I could do to trace what is causing problems like this one?

thank you
Reboot your phone and do: "adb shell cat /proc/last_kmsg".
This will provide the kernel messages, including when your phone hung (last 256 kb or something similar).

But do not reboot by pulling the battery, that will clear the last_kmsg afaik.
Android and CyanogenMod fan
Using Mako with CM10.1
Using N8000 with CM10.1
Using GT-I9100 with CM10.1
Using N8000 with CM10.1
Not using Maguro

Gplus: http://gplus.to/espenfjo
Twitter: http://twitter.com/espenfjo
IRC: Espenfjo @ Freenode

CyanogenMod device maintainer
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to espenfjo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Juzman
Old
Thanks Meter 188

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS2Giova View Post
Is your sync off?I need push on Gmail and google+ notification and without sync I can't have them. I want to know if sync is one of the principal causes of battery drain. Thanks.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk
Yeah, I have sync off. Manually check my Gmail.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Cyanogenmod 9
Phone: Nexus 5 Sony Xperia Z1, Sony Xperia Z, Galaxy S2
Rom: ParanoidAndroid
Kernel: franco.Kernel (My Voltages)

Tablet: Nexus 7
Rom: SlimKat Weekly Builds
Kernel: franco.Kernel

My Nexus 5, Xperia Z1, Xperia Z, STweaks (S2) and TricksterMOD (N7) settings.

If I've helped you, please press thanks!

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3205
Re: BBS, it is still available for free to XDA members in the BetterBatteryStats thread on here.

Re: the GPS thing. Entropy said a few days ago there does seem to be an issue that affects some people (that might take a little while to fix). In the meantime, maybe try the AGPS patches floating around in this thread/elsewhere (CWM flashable). Can't hurt to try these.

Other thing I'd suggest is to get GPS Status from Google Play if you don't already have it. Go outside somewhere with a clear view of the sky. Turn on mobile data. Go into tools in GPS Status/manage AGPS state & reset XTRA data, then download to get new ephemeris data. Then wait as long as it takes to get a fix & while new satellite positions are 'learned'. Once you do this, you should get a fix fairly quickly from then on. If it starts to slow down again or doesn't work, try resetting the data/downloading it again. Also, if you use the patch, it has to be reflashed whenever you flash a new CM9 nightly.

If you've already tried the above, ignore me And if you try all this stuff & still have no joy, I'm not sure what would help. Might be a case of waiting for GPS to be finally fixed, maybe other people have other ideas.

Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMurphy View Post
If someone suggests a free app I would be happy to be a guinea pig. I'd rather donate the money directly to the CM crew.

I've read of people having problems with slow GPS lock. With Wifi off I can't get any lock whatsoever. When my wifi is on the GPS is a quick and accurate lock. I'm running DUKJ1 modem for Vodafone Au 850/1900/2100mhz on my i9100T. Not sure if that matters. Maybe its the modems/basebands which are causing some to have problems with GPS and others to not? Same modem/baseband was great in CM7. If I can help do let me know.

April 11 nightly

Anyways, as always thank you Daniel for your work.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hutzdani
Old
Thanks Meter 120
Jumped back to nightly 9-20120404, before battery issues.

it seems to be the most stable in recently.

If your looking for a stable build thats the one for now i think.
Nexus 4 - CM10.1 (Nightly's) - Kernel - CM Stock

Nexus 5 - Stock Rooted <- CURRENT DEVICE

Nexus 7 - CM10.2 ( NIghtlys ) - Kernel - CM Stock

Nexus 7 (2nd Gen ) - CM10.2 ( NIghtlys ) - Kernel - CM Stock <- CURRENT TABLET

Juzman
Old
Thanks Meter 188

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndnesh View Post
Is it just me or is sim toolkit available in this build? I I tested it and it's working for me. :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
It has been on every build I've installed so far.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Cyanogenmod 9
Phone: Nexus 5 Sony Xperia Z1, Sony Xperia Z, Galaxy S2
Rom: ParanoidAndroid
Kernel: franco.Kernel (My Voltages)

Tablet: Nexus 7
Rom: SlimKat Weekly Builds
Kernel: franco.Kernel

My Nexus 5, Xperia Z1, Xperia Z, STweaks (S2) and TricksterMOD (N7) settings.

If I've helped you, please press thanks!

Tags
aosp, cm9, cm9 galaxy s2, cyanogenmod, galaxys2, gt-i9100, ics, jellybean is king now, sgsii, teamhacksung