Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,205 Members 39,866 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][GT-I9100][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds | DISCUSSION THREAD

Tip us?

rayz93
Old
Thanks Meter 100

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pewpewbangbang View Post
wifi seems to cause a good deal of wakelocks if your not actually connected to a network, so I would turn it off when your not on one.

But yea, battery seems mediocre.........at least compared to this WIUI build i tried out. Basically MIUI V4 beta 3 from WIUI, battery life on that was amazing even though its based off CM9, which I really don't understand. I was getting Gingerbread like battery life/stock roms. I could get around 5 hours of display usage after like almost 24 hours on battery
How did you manage to get that brilliant battery life? Even when i'm on Samsung original 2000mAh battery, from 100%, my CM9 Nightly build 29th Feb goes down 1% close to every hour, lowest screen brightness, flight mode, no BT, GPS and Wifi. As for now, i get 21hr before the battery died, screen on 1hr 52min, betterbatterystat says wake lock is download manager (4min 12sec), in Battery Usage, Android OS is on the top hooking 84% and getting 21hr 43min Keep awake! But funny thing is inside the battery usage graph, i don't see any funny random awake. so what could really be draining my battery?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rayz93 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

beastytech
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I had a similar experience on that build. However I'm on the experimental build now and its magic. The battery life is somewhat back to factory standard. Although I see lots of threads about wake locks which I can only assume are issues affecting battery life. I'm therefore confident that they will endeavour to improve this more and more each build.

I reccomend getting off that build. If you don't want experimental at least go to 03032012.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

spirol
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Taid View Post
I'm having problems with the stock keyboard when typing in Danish, with auto-corrections on. With certain keystroke combinations, the keyboard force closes; eg. when I want to write 'little' in Danish (lille), it force closes after pressing the i-button.
I'm having the exact same issue, also with "lille" in danish :-\

Here is a logcat from a reproduction of the issue: https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Publi...txt?w=50081c6c

And btw, i just found out that it also happens with the word "logcat" on the Danish keyboard, so i guess it is related to the letter "L" somehow..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App
SGS3 | RootBox Latest Nightly | NEAK kernel 3.2 | CWM Touch 6.0.3.2 | XXEMB6 |
SGT10.1WiFi | CM10.1 02/18 | Pershoot kernel 3.1.10 01/16 | CWM Touch 6.0.2.7 |

(This sig is probably already outdated at some point )

kalpik
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaltire View Post
Hey guys. Been reading thru the thread. I'm on codeworkx custom build with how codecs working and lph radio. I haven't been able to get GPS working at all on this build or any of the previous cm9 builds. Any tips? I know it didn't used to work for many ppl but I see reports that GPS was fixed. Mine never seems to work. The GPS icon doesn't even flash in and out like its supposed to
In the notification drawer it always just says searching for GPS..
Download https://market.android.com/details?i...sim.gpsstatus2 and reset your aGPS data. Go outside, and wait for a few minutes. GPS will lock (showing just 2 satellites). Keep GPS on for a couple of minutes. After that, GPS should lock fast in all scenarios
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kalpik For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pewpewbangbang
Old
Thanks Meter 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayz93 View Post
How did you manage to get that brilliant battery life? Even when i'm on Samsung original 2000mAh battery, from 100%, my CM9 Nightly build 29th Feb goes down 1% close to every hour, lowest screen brightness, flight mode, no BT, GPS and Wifi. As for now, i get 21hr before the battery died, screen on 1hr 52min, betterbatterystat says wake lock is download manager (4min 12sec), in Battery Usage, Android OS is on the top hooking 84% and getting 21hr 43min Keep awake! But funny thing is inside the battery usage graph, i don't see any funny random awake. so what could really be draining my battery?
As i said, it was on the WIUI which is a ROM based off MIUI which is based off CM9. Idk what MIUI/ the guy WIUI are doing, but they somehow tweaked CM9 to offer amazing battery life.

I'm back to CM9 since it's nightlies and battery life is better than before, i'm at 8 hours on battery and 36minutes of display time. Nothing close to what I was getting on WIUI/MIUI, but its better than it used to be. Standby is better but still not that great.

I might go back after they implement the HW codecs in their MIUI/WIUI build and just use an ICS launcher

CM9 is still awesome though, just wish battery was a bit better. It gets me through the day still.......I use anker 1900mah btw, but still nothing compared to samsungs 2000mah. I'd say the anker is really around 1800mah but its good for only $20 for 2 + charger

rayz93
Old
Thanks Meter 100

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
As i said, it was on the WIUI which is a ROM based off MIUI which is based off CM9. Idk what MIUI/ the guy WIUI are doing, but they somehow tweaked CM9 to offer amazing battery life.

I'm back to CM9 since it's nightlies and battery life is better than before, i'm at 8 hours on battery and 36minutes of display time. Nothing close to what I was getting on WIUI/MIUI, but its better than it used to be. Standby is better but still not that great.

I might go back after they implement the HW codecs in their MIUI/WIUI build and just use an ICS launcher

CM9 is still awesome though, just wish battery was a bit better. It gets me through the day still.......I use anker 1900mah btw, but still nothing compared to samsungs 2000mah. I'd say the anker is really around 1800mah but its good for only $20 for 2 + charger
Ahh i see, so I'm not the only facing the high Android OS percentage and battery drain, my best record on 2000mAh samsung Battery, CM9 Nightly build 29th Feb, was 1day 2hr 54min idle, 2hr 16min Screen on, 36min Cellular standby, 13min Wifi, the rest are mostly screen off and flight mode. Battery died after than in a single charge from 100% to zero.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rayz93 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pjthefarmer
Old
(Last edited by pjthefarmer; 4th March 2012 at 04:03 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I tried installing the latest nightly build to my S2 (i9100P), via CWM, but it won't flash. I keep getting a '(Status 7)' error code, right after it lists other various S2 model types (i9100P) not included.

My guess is that the i9100P model is not compatible with the CM9 builds. Would that be right?

If so, is there any way around this? Maybe a workaround of some sort.

If not, how do I go about requesting that this is added to future builds?

Thanks for any help/advice.

pewpewbangbang
Old
Thanks Meter 273
i9100p is completely different from our GT-i9100..........they have separate ROMS and such I believe. Yea CM9 doesn't work on it. At least i don't think it does

stormtroopercs
Old
Thanks Meter 211
Quote:
i9100p is completely different from our GT-i9100..........they have separate ROMS and such I believe. Yea CM9 doesn't work on it. At least i don't think it does
I thought that was only for the g?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
[DEVICE] nexus 4
[ROM] PARANOIDANDROID
[KERNEL] Latest Franco

pjthefarmer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Oh no, hope that's not the case! I'd hate to be left out of all the CM9 builds just because my model has NFC.

I've heard of some people editing the 'updater-script' to solve this but I can't find anywhere where the process is described. Just read someone mentioning it in a previous thread.

Tags
aosp, cm9, cm9 galaxy s2, cyanogenmod, galaxys2, gt-i9100, ics, jellybean is king now, sgsii, teamhacksung