No registration required

[ROM][GT-I9100][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds | DISCUSSION THREAD

OP codeworkx

19th April 2012, 04:52 PM   |  #25981  
Thanks Meter: 5

15 posts
More
...support this type of audio file
After the last build I tried to listen some music but ANY player throws me this error:

Sorry the player does not support this type of audio file...

PS:I removed the twitter app (one solution founded in a xda post) but no luck.
The file opens correctly from root explorer.
19th April 2012, 04:52 PM   |  #25982  
London
Thanks Meter: 70

243 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaf-g

Well, after trying the 19/04 build for a few hours, most things work. However the change in sdcard is causing some applications to miss function. I'll have to revert back to 04/14, right?
Or is there a way to "trick" the os, something like a Junction?

Thanks.

I believe that the change is how it's going to be for every cm rom issued from now on, you could try fix permissions or if you're having real problems backup, wipe and reinstall
19th April 2012, 04:54 PM   |  #25983  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 1,484

1,024 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitro

Pease elaborate... I use widgets on ADW Ex with no need of setting it as system app. In fact it'd seem kind of absurd if you couldn't use widgets in market downloaded launchers.

The widgets do "stop" once in a while, though. As in they stop refreshing. A restart of the launcher solves it.

It's mentioned in the Play Store Apex Launcher page too:
"NOTE: Due to limitations of the Android framework, you won't be able to add widgets from the drawer unless Apex Launcher is installed as a system app (root required). "

Even on Nova Launcher's Play Store page:
"Permissions:
Root/Superuser: Widgets-in-drawer with previews is require Root due to Android framework limitations. Widgets will be displays in a list like Android 2.x if root is unavailable or denied."
19th April 2012, 04:55 PM   |  #25984  
Thanks Meter: 1,160

2,229 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitro

Pease elaborate... I use widgets on ADW Ex with no need of setting it as system app. In fact it'd seem kind of absurd if you couldn't use widgets in market downloaded launchers.

The widgets do "stop" once in a while, though. As in they stop refreshing. A restart of the launcher solves it.

It doesn't mean you can't use widgets, only that you can't place them direct from the app drawer.
The Following User Says Thank You to SimboXXX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2012, 04:56 PM   |  #25985  
Account currently disabled
Flag Essex
Thanks Meter: 181

891 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by D79_

Im now usin LPR as LPS also gave me problems. LPR has drop signal a few times now so im really not sure if i need a new sim card or somthing, but LPR doesnt drop as much so i think ill give it a day use first then if all fails ill order a new sim card

Ive finally solved the problem with my reception droppin, all i had to do is get the latest settings from my network provider. My old settings must of got messed up some how from updatin to a new build and all along it was nothing to do with the modem, but i am findin LPR faster so i think ill stick with this modem anyways

Just need to know why, since installin the latest build most of my music albums are not showing the album covers. Im usin google music player btw

Edit: my reception has dropped again so i put my simcard in my girlfriends phone and the reception also dropped so i put my girlfriends sim card in my phone and all worked fine, so its defo a sim card issue
Last edited by D79_; 19th April 2012 at 06:36 PM.
19th April 2012, 04:57 PM   |  #25986  
Flag Hyderabad

1,024 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimboXXX

It doesn't mean you can't use widgets, only that you can't place them direct from the app drawer.

I think the limitation is for ICS based launchers only.
But my other doubt still remains. My Apex Launcher is a system app according to TB. It survives nightly flashes. I can place widgets direct from the app drawer. But Apex is there in /data/app
codeworkx help please.
Last edited by iamsachin; 19th April 2012 at 05:02 PM.
19th April 2012, 05:02 PM   |  #25987  
Thanks Meter: 1,160

2,229 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsachin

I think the limitation is for ICS based launchers only.
But my other doubt still remains. My Apex Launcher is a system app according to TB. It survives nightly flashes. I can place them direct from the app drawer. But its there in /data/app
codeworkx help please.

Yes, the original question was about Apex.
Not sure I understand your issue. But if you want Apex in the system/app directory, why not just place with RootExplorer and set permissions 644. Sorry if i misunderstood.
19th April 2012, 05:04 PM   |  #25988  
Thanks Meter: 181

628 posts
When using effects on the video player (Big eyes for example) it renders the video in blue like I'm from Avatar. Is this a bug in the nightly or is it supposed to happen?

Also, I seen in a few youtube reviews they could change the colours of CM in the settings menu, is there something I need to flash for this? Would also like to change the colour of stuff in the status bar?
19th April 2012, 05:05 PM   |  #25989  
Flag Hyderabad

1,024 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimboXXX

Yes, the original question was about Apex.
Not sure I understand your issue. But if you want Apex in the system/app directory, why not just place with RootExplorer and set permissions 644. Sorry if i misunderstood.

No actually there isnt any issue. There was a discussion about apps installed as system apps being removed while flashing a new nightly. My Apex Launcher is a system app but doesnt get removed while flashing. This is contradictory
19th April 2012, 05:09 PM   |  #25990  
Flag Algeries
Thanks Meter: 63

329 posts
More
Hi everybody,
can i find FM transmitter application for our GSII ?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp, cm9, cm9 galaxy s2, cyanogenmod, galaxys2, gt-i9100, ics, jellybean is king now, sgsii, teamhacksung
Previous Thread Next Thread