No registration required

[ROM][GT-I9100][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds | DISCUSSION THREAD

OP codeworkx

21st April 2012, 03:23 AM   |  #26521  
Flag Panama City
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
More
I switched back to using internal storage for apps and media because I like to keep my sd card only for movies and tv shows.

I wish there was a setting to have media go to the external sd card and apps to internal storage.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
21st April 2012, 03:28 AM   |  #26522  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 126

307 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiuss

No it wouldn't, that would be the same thing...i have an external SD card and i dont want it to be the default storage, the setting in storage>storage configuration solves this issue but the thing is that the mount points gets reversed and another thing is that we would have to change this setting every time we flash the ROM if we wipe data/factory reset... the internal storage should be used always as default and pointing always to /mnt/emmc. Most people wants app data installed on internal mem not on the external SD card.

+1.

I think its great that EMMC refers to internal phone memory as it should.

Also great that SDCARD refers to the removal SD card.

BUT, I perfer to have all phone related activity (apps, downloads etc) heading to the internal phone memory and my storage of personal files / music / etc on the removable SD card.

When I do a full wipe, I want all app data and such gone from the phone for a full reinstall but I do not want to delete all my personal files.
21st April 2012, 03:29 AM   |  #26523  
Thanks Meter: 75

130 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandler240

This guy is desperate for attention. This is your third bad joke, you're out.

Lol... "Desperate for attention" is not the right expression to use. I'm just trying to change the mood of some people here complaining about something that was OBVIOUSLY warned by Codeworkx before releasing it. Some people say things and complain without even thinking or investigating first. If you dont like it, just don't say anything.
Just don't take it personal, live and let others live too...

Peace...
ROM -> CM9 /
Kernel -> CM3.0.28 /
Build -> 2012-04-14 /
Contact -> zborn13@gmail.com /
Twitter -> @zborn13 /
21st April 2012, 03:41 AM   |  #26524  
Flag Καλαμάτα
Thanks Meter: 537

1,625 posts
More
Dafaq they did with latest nightly? it's the first time I got problems... The gawdamn first time! Damn c-c-c-combo breakers! :P Camera says something about SD Card and Gallery the same. >_<
21st April 2012, 03:46 AM   |  #26525  
Flag Shenyang
Thanks Meter: 60

399 posts
Donate to Me
More
ROM Manager Premium is still asking for "SD Card to be mounted" no matter what I choose. Aha, I also find that the camera is asking for SD card.

I think I'll roll back to my Samsung backup, factory reset and install cm9. This has to work since it's from zero.
21st April 2012, 04:04 AM   |  #26526  
Recognized Developer
Flag Monteria
Thanks Meter: 16,007

3,774 posts
Donate to Me
More
You will have eventually to either get used to this swap, or change rom. That simple. I think CM will not come back. However when Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory() method, gets fixed somehow (I guess it is already fixed), it will be normal.
Last edited by D4rKn3sSyS; 21st April 2012 at 04:16 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to D4rKn3sSyS For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2012, 04:08 AM   |  #26527  
Flag Bad Homburg v.d. Höhe, Frankfurt am Main
Thanks Meter: 1,393

1,059 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4rKn3sSyS

You will have eventually to either get used to this swap, or change rom. That simple. I think CM will not come back. However when Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory() method, gets fixed somehow (I guess it is already fixed), it will be normal.

For now if you want to have CM9 with all the other features (just sdcard working on the inverse of CM9), you can try my rom, and install default CM kernel.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1580070

nice advertising for your ... rom
21st April 2012, 04:09 AM   |  #26528  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 5,823

5,458 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4rKn3sSyS

For now if you want to have CM9 with all the other features (just sdcard working on the inverse of CM9), you can try my rom, and install default CM kernel.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1580070

I can deal with the other issues, i just want the Play Store to install apps to the internal storage by default, without having to invert emmc and sdcard
21st April 2012, 04:11 AM   |  #26529  
Flag Καλαμάτα
Thanks Meter: 537

1,625 posts
More
Camera and Gallery do not work. I don't get why would they merge something that blows the whole phone? I would be ok with the change as long as Camera and Gallery would work. I do not care where the hell the internel is.

Edit: Settings->Storage->*Hit MENU Button*->Storage Configuration->*TICK*

It should be ticked by default, btw. Not all of us have EXTERNAL cards. =) Every stuff should be installed in the INTERNAL storage BY DEFAULT.
Last edited by fr3quency; 21st April 2012 at 04:13 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to fr3quency For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2012, 04:12 AM   |  #26530  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 5,823

5,458 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantinos

Camera and Gallery do not work. I don't get why would they merge something that blows the whole phone? I would be ok with the change as long as Camera and Gallery would work. I do not care where the hell the internel is. It just doesn't work with the latest lame merge.

Read the FAQ, if you dont have an external card, do what codeworkx says to do in there.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp, cm9, cm9 galaxy s2, cyanogenmod, galaxys2, gt-i9100, ics, jellybean is king now, sgsii, teamhacksung
Previous Thread Next Thread