Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,019 Members 55,372 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Would you prefer:
Genuine stability (delay moving to newest version) 15 83.33%
Move to latest version ignoring existing bugs 2 11.11%
I don't use custom ROMs 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Should ROM devs focus on stability or progress?

Tip us?
 
dwegener
Old
#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 14
Join Date: Sep 2012
I also prefer stability over features.
 
dinos3
Old
#12  
dinos3's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 152
Posts: 1,010
Join Date: Dec 2011
@CrisR82 +1 for posts.
Which ROM You now using?
And with which you feel most satisfied?
proud owner of GALAXY S2

and sorry for my bad english
 
CrisR82
Old
#13  
CrisR82's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 123
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Segovia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinos3 View Post
@CrisR82 +1 for posts.
Which ROM You now using?
And with which you feel most satisfied?
I'm using the Samsung stock ROM (Spain region) since my job requires me to do so, but I really like MIUI for its awesome stability and customization (though I have a feeling they'll never update the S2 to 4.2 or higher)...but I also like CyanogenMod 10.1 (the stable build) for the slight performance increase (and I would've probably kept it if it wasn't for the unfixable MHL and other Samsung closed source things that don't work).
I'm also keeping an eye on Omni and I plan to give it another try once it reaches a more stable stage since it fixes some graphics issues on the S2 GT-i9100.
My Android gaming channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/crisr82
My Android game reviews: www.supergamedroid.com/author/kristian/
 
dinos3
Old
#14  
dinos3's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 152
Posts: 1,010
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisR82 View Post
I'm using the Samsung stock ROM (Spain region) since my job requires me to do so, but I really like MIUI for its awesome stability and customization (though I have a feeling they'll never update the S2 to 4.2 or higher)...but I also like CyanogenMod 10.1 (the stable build) for the slight performance increase (and I would've probably kept it if it wasn't for the unfixable MHL and other Samsung closed source things that don't work).
I'm also keeping an eye on Omni and I plan to give it another try once it reaches a more stable stage since it fixes some graphics issues on the S2 GT-i9100.
Nice...
This http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2562055 4.4.2 ROM?
proud owner of GALAXY S2

and sorry for my bad english
 
CrisR82
Old
#15  
CrisR82's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 123
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Segovia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinos3 View Post
Yes, that's the Omni one I used
My Android gaming channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/crisr82
My Android game reviews: www.supergamedroid.com/author/kristian/
 
dinos3
Old
#16  
dinos3's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 152
Posts: 1,010
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisR82 View Post
Yes, that's the Omni one I used
If you try it, let impressions. I can't even find a rom that suits me...
proud owner of GALAXY S2

and sorry for my bad english
 
CrisR82
Old
#17  
CrisR82's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 123
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Segovia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinos3 View Post
If you try it, let impressions. I can't even find a rom that suits me...
I already have and I posted my thoughts on it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2580635
My Android gaming channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/crisr82
My Android game reviews: www.supergamedroid.com/author/kristian/
 
rtorres0106
Old
#18  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 80
Posts: 185
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Manila
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinos3 View Post
If you try it, let impressions. I can't even find a rom that suits me...
you can try slimsaber 4.4.2 by FJ. good battery,stable for me and ART working on all my apps.

Tags
bugs, custom, i9100, rom development, stable
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Jair Player with a Major Update–Here’s What’s New!

Back in May, we talked a bit aboutJair Player, a nice looking music … more

Paid Android App Developers Will Soon Have to Provide Physical Address

Google has now changed its policies regarding paid app developers. … more

Windows Developers Rejoice! Dev Program’s $99 Yearly Fee is No More!

Microsoft rule in the mobile market, much like the giant dinosaurs … more