[ROM+Guide] Official i9100 Firmwares LPE/Q/7/2/F/S/4/7/G/9/W/D/F Download

OP Intratech

11th October 2011, 07:01 PM   |  #5041  
Quote:
Originally Posted by almorsol

Thank you, will factory reset wipe out my data?
Or just the settings for the phone?

Thanks again!

Sorry to say ! it will !! things in memory card will still be there ! but like emails FB etc all need to be config.... if u did it tell me if it worked

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by almorsol

Thank you, will factory reset wipe out my data?
Or just the settings for the phone?

Thanks again!

I flashed the K18 too memo works perfectly !!! ( nordic 2.3.5 )
The Following User Says Thank You to fgar82 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th October 2011, 08:18 PM   |  #5042  
Thanks Meter: 0

96 posts
Question
Hi,

Apologies in advance, but I have searched and can't find the right answer. I would like to flash KI8 (non frankenstine). I've download the file from the link on the front page. The download is an EXE file, which expands into a tar file GT-I9100_NEE_I9100XWKI8_I9100OXXKI2_I9100XXKI4.

How do I flash this file? Do I do it through ODIN, will it do a full wipe (this is what I want). I've opened the tar to see if there were csc or modem files I am more familiar with but it looks different so I assume I am not supposed to expand it.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
11th October 2011, 08:37 PM   |  #5043  
Flag Kristiansand
Thanks Meter: 61

277 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ston

Hi,

Apologies in advance, but I have searched and can't find the right answer. I would like to flash KI8 (non frankenstine). I've download the file from the link on the front page. The download is an EXE file, which expands into a tar file GT-I9100_NEE_I9100XWKI8_I9100OXXKI2_I9100XXKI4.

How do I flash this file? Do I do it through ODIN, will it do a full wipe (this is what I want). I've opened the tar to see if there were csc or modem files I am more familiar with but it looks different so I assume I am not supposed to expand it.

Thanks

It's all on the first post. No wipe and flash tar under pda in Odin.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to jenskristian For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th October 2011, 02:13 AM   |  #5044  
Flag Osasco
Thanks Meter: 406

554 posts
More
Hi there -

I have managed to root without increasing customer binary counter (no triangle). I'm working on Brazilian fw right now, but I can try to do the same for other fw versions. Just let me know if you're interested in it.

Further info in this thread.
12th October 2011, 02:47 AM   |  #5045  
Thanks Meter: 1

31 posts
Thumbs up
Dear all,

thank you very much for all friend to help, after i install winrar it work for extract, thank you again.~~
12th October 2011, 05:37 AM   |  #5046  
Flag Osasco
Thanks Meter: 406

554 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwrib

Hi, what about add this? :)
"Brazil I9100UHKI2/I9100UUBKI2"

I want only the modem.bin, if will be faster than upload all the rom.

Hi neighbour -

I do have not only KI2, but KI4 modem.bin too (I've been being on a development test). Both are compatible with BR FW, as all those modem.bin are supposed to be. Want me to upload them?

abrašos
12th October 2011, 07:58 AM   |  #5047  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 203

1,112 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinaik

Hi all,

I'm from India and I've installed Frankenstein KI8 firmware seeing the benefits that 2.3.5 has over 2.3.3.

Now I think the CSC is from UK, after installing KI8, I got the following new softwares installed :
1. BBC Iplayer
2. Music Hub
3. Suggestions : If I open this, it goes to UK samsung site.

Now I do not see any problems with these three new software. I've some questions:
1. What is hidden.img that gets installed ? Odin shows that it is installing this.
2. Can I some how install all components of the firmware from KI8 and only CSC from Indian KF3 ? If so then can I do it now ? Can someone send me detailed steps for doing it ?
3. Will there be any disadvantages if I have UK CSC, will I miss anything ?

Please help...

Thanks in advance...

I'm just answering my own question so that other guys who are facing similar questions/doubts can benefit out of this post.

Below are the steps for guys from India:
1. Download Frankenstein KI8 package. Link is in the 3rd post. Extract tar file from the downloaded 7zip file.
2. Download India ODDKF3 CSC, link is in the 3rd post. Extract tar file from the downloaded 7zip file.
3. In ODIN simply select KI8 firmware tar file for PDA option
4. Also select ODDKF3 CSC tar file for CSC option.
4. Start flashing the ROM.

PS: I assume you have read Intratech's installation steps in Post1. That's why not including other details in the above steps.

Step 4 is what I was looking for in the first place. Could not find some solid information (on how to do it ? and is it safe to do it ?) in the first 3 posts. That's including these steps.

Also please note that I've cleared my Data/cache partitions from recovery before doing these steps. I did it because I installed CM7.1 and then had to come back to KI8.

I'll post another thread on my feedback on KI8....

Best of luck....
12th October 2011, 09:07 AM   |  #5048  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 203

1,112 posts
More
Feedback on KI8 (2.3.5) compared to KF3 (2.3.3):
1. Video player trim option
2. Stock browser is improved, looks more smooth now.
3. Overall KI8 is more smoother than KF3.
4. Less battery power consumption compared to 2.3.3

I think I'm going to stick with KI8....

Thanks to intratech for providing it..
12th October 2011, 02:12 PM   |  #5049  
Thanks Meter: 6

17 posts
More
Hi Intratech !

Would it be possible for you to post the new KI4 FOP (Spain) firmware: I9100XWKI4-I9100FOPKI1-I9100XXKI1, that just came out on Kies, but with old bootloader ?
I really prefer flashing my firmwares with Odin.

Thank you !
12th October 2011, 02:33 PM   |  #5050  
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 4,506

4,992 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ston

Hi,

Thanks

When I read posts like this I wonder if I'm being punked. It makes me want to go all Bas Rutten on someone... Danga ga da danga ga da dang! Since I can't do that I'll give you a Sammy instead.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootloader, csc, firmware, frankenstein, gt-i91oo firmwares, i9100 firmware, i9100 rom, roms, stock roms
Previous Thread Next Thread