Originally Posted by sachinaik
I'm from India and I've installed Frankenstein KI8 firmware seeing the benefits that 2.3.5 has over 2.3.3.
Now I think the CSC is from UK, after installing KI8, I got the following new softwares installed :
1. BBC Iplayer
2. Music Hub
3. Suggestions : If I open this, it goes to UK samsung site.
Now I do not see any problems with these three new software. I've some questions:
1. What is hidden.img that gets installed ? Odin shows that it is installing this.
2. Can I some how install all components of the firmware from KI8 and only CSC from Indian KF3 ? If so then can I do it now ? Can someone send me detailed steps for doing it ?
3. Will there be any disadvantages if I have UK CSC, will I miss anything ?
Thanks in advance...
I'm just answering my own question so that other guys who are facing similar questions/doubts can benefit out of this post.
Below are the steps for guys from India:
1. Download Frankenstein KI8 package. Link is in the 3rd post. Extract tar file from the downloaded 7zip file.
2. Download India ODDKF3 CSC, link is in the 3rd post. Extract tar file from the downloaded 7zip file.
3. In ODIN simply select KI8 firmware tar file for PDA option
4. Also select ODDKF3 CSC tar file for CSC option.
4. Start flashing the ROM.
PS: I assume you have read Intratech's installation steps in Post1. That's why not including other details in the above steps.
Step 4 is what I was looking for in the first place. Could not find some solid information (on how to do it ? and is it safe to do it ?) in the first 3 posts. That's including these steps.
Also please note that I've cleared my Data/cache partitions from recovery before doing these steps. I did it because I installed CM7.1 and then had to come back to KI8.
I'll post another thread on my feedback on KI8....
Best of luck....