Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,194 Members 41,399 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM+Guide] Official i9100 Firmwares LPE/Q/7/2/F/S/4/7/G/9/W/D/F Download

Tip us?

Shadamehr
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Not strange...

Just means "Stuff" are wrong, if true...
-
Originally long-term Nokia (after a single Ericsson). Then WinMo for a wee bit (XDA2 and SPV2). Then back to numerous Nokias. Discovered Android via an HTC Desire, and never looked back. Now on a Mist Black Samsung Note 3 and a Note 10.1 2014 tablet, after two S4's, two S3's and a Note II

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

drelite08
Old
Thanks Meter 132
If it was out via kies today, it would be up on samfirmware...... its not. That answers the question.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Shadamehr
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Yet again, I merely quote "Stuff" (The Gadget Website).

Where they say:

"It's finally happening we're downloading Ice Cream Sandwich for our SIM-free Galaxy S II (via Kies, it's not OTA..."

If you don't beleive me, go and read their post that I linked to in my original entry (don't forget to add the stuff.tv/ bit at the start though).

So, who's wrong... them, or those posting here..?

Either way, all I know is I can't find any UK Unbranded ROM still today...
-
Originally long-term Nokia (after a single Ericsson). Then WinMo for a wee bit (XDA2 and SPV2). Then back to numerous Nokias. Discovered Android via an HTC Desire, and never looked back. Now on a Mist Black Samsung Note 3 and a Note 10.1 2014 tablet, after two S4's, two S3's and a Note II

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

jim-bo
Old
Thanks Meter 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadamehr View Post
Yet again, I merely quote "Stuff" (The Gadget Website).

Where they say:

"It's finally happening we're downloading Ice Cream Sandwich for our SIM-free Galaxy S II (via Kies, it's not OTA..."

If you don't beleive me, go and read their post that I linked to in my original entry (don't forget to add the stuff.tv/ bit at the start though).

To quote the whole sentence from the website
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuff.tv
It's finally happening we're downloading Ice Cream Sandwich for our SIM-free Galaxy S II (via Kies, it's not OTA) and anyone on Three can do the same right now.
So what they are saying is that they are downloading the Three-specific firmware (which I happen to be running here), not a generic one.

mav78g
Old
(Last edited by mav78g; 21st March 2012 at 04:23 PM.) Reason: clarification of the Three rom...
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:

Well i wish i was wrong cos i would have ICS by now via kies.... unless Samsung are doing some sort of staging of the update so only so many handsets get it at any one time.... just checked again and its saying

This is the latest firmware PDA:KI4 /PHONE:KI1 /CSC:KH2 (XEU)...

EDIT: It is a bit ambiguous but I think you are right about Stuff downloading the Three rom otherwise does not make sense...
Samsung Galaxy SII unbranded

Shadamehr
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim-bo View Post
To quote the whole sentence from the website

So what they are saying is that they are downloading the Three-specific firmware (which I happen to be running here), not a generic one.
Not so - syntax is wrong for that to be the case...

Moreover, forgive me, but if you have a SIM Free, non-three device, could someone tell me how you update that to a THREE based ROM, whilst using KIES (not ODIN) as they further go on to say that they are doing this using KIES, not ODIN or anything else.

So how does one take a None-carrier S2, and readily use KIES to place a branded carrier ROM on it, rather than use ODIN etc...?

Finally, I discovered the piece by way of a Twitter post - and the Twitter post made it even more apparent that BOTH Three AND UK Unbranded was now available, as it referred to TWO separate ROMs.

So methinks there's something off here, in all of this.

If this IS what "Stuff" meant, then there article was pure pits, being worded as it is. And doesn't cover how the original Tweet referred to "both" now being available (for 'both', you need two of something). And finally, like I said, how does a none-carrier device readily update to a Carrier ROM using KIES and no hacking, if previously, carrier free owners have actually been stuck on 2.3.4 as that is the latest version for none-carrier customised ROM's

?

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

Stuff's Original Tweet this morning doesn't help make the picture any clearer either as it says:

"Get the Galaxy S II ICS update now for SIM free/Three handsets here's Sammy's helpful user guide..."

To me, when I went to school however, the syntax of the above sentence broken down grammatically, means that there are TWO separate things referenced, UNLESS one thing is referenced but available to BOTH items or objects referred to in the sentence.

So either there are TWO different ROMS - Three, and then SIM FREE...

OR, there is only ONE ROM, BUT it is available equally, to users of BOTH SIM FREE or Three devices.

And as my understanding is that SIM FREE owners cannot readily get a Three ROM on their devices simply using KIES with no hacking, then that again leads me to believe the first option - two separate ROMS, is what they meant...?
-

akbarhash
Old
Thanks Meter 140
Quote:

Moreover, forgive me, but if you have a SIM Free, non-three device, could someone tell me how you update that to a THREE based ROM, whilst using KIES (not ODIN) as they further go on to say that they are doing this using KIES, not ODIN or anything else.

So how does one take a None-carrier S2, and readily use KIES to place a branded carrier ROM on it, rather than use ODIN etc...?

Finally, I discovered the piece by way of a Twitter post - and the Twitter post made it even more apparent that BOTH Three AND UK Unbranded was now available, as it referred to TWO separate ROMs.

If this IS what "Stuff" meant, then there article was pure pits, being worded as it is. And doesn't cover how the original Tweet referred to "both" now being available (for 'both', you need two of something). And finally, like I said, how does a none-carrier device readily update to a Carrier ROM using KIES and no hacking, if previously, carrier free owners have actually been stuck on 2.3.4 as that is the latest version for none-carrier customised ROM's

?

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

Stuff's Original Tweet this morning doesn't help make the picture any clearer either as it says:

"Get the Galaxy S II ICS update now for SIM free/Three handsets here's Sammy's helpful user guide..."

To me, when I went to school however, the syntax of the above sentence broken down grammatically, means that there are TWO separate things referenced, UNLESS one thing is referenced but available to BOTH items or objects referred to in the sentence.

OR, there is only ONE ROM, BUT it is available equally, to users of BOTH SIM FREE or Three devices.

And as my understanding is that SIM FREE owners cannot readily get a Three ROM on their devices simply using KIES with no hacking, then that again leads me to believe the first option - two separate ROMS, is what they meant...?
Don't believe all that nonsense. When the official Sim Free ROM comes out you will see it here. There are more than a few people waiting for it.

Sent from my GT-I9100
Need Official Firmware. xda Thread Link.
For Root. xda Thread Link.
Using hardcore's SpeedMod kernel. xda Thread Link.
Backup EFS. Ultra Important. xda Thread Link.
If you have found this post helpful please hit the THANKS button.

jim-bo
Old
Thanks Meter 146
Quote:

?

Your logic and your understanding of their statements appear to be irrefutable. I completely agree, that from read the tweet and the article, it would appear that there is such a ROM.

However, nobody but them seems able to find it in Kies, or in CheckFus, or on SamMobile, or here, which would suggest that it is, at the very least, difficult to find.

Given that they have an unbranded SGS2, is it possible that it was purchased somewhere else, such as where the generic XXLPQ ROM released last week covers, and that they just use it in the UK? That would fit the evidence - that their Kies can download it (since their phone is not originally from the UK), but that noone else can find it (since they're actually talking about either the Polish or Nordic generic europe releases

Cladon
Old
Thanks Meter 15
So .... what do you people recommend... LPQ or LP7 ? Thank you!
Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100
A "THANKS" click is much appreciated!

wolverine5pl
Old
Thanks Meter 0
anz chance for kj1 stock kernel?

Tags
bootloader, csc, firmware, frankenstein, gt-i91oo firmwares, i9100 firmware, i9100 rom, roms, stock roms