5,598,297 Members 47,926 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] 4.4.2 | HellKat | SGH-I757M [celoxhd] [03-01-14]

Tip us?
 
CelticRT
Old
#241  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Mar 2014
Default So i can never download an icon an apply it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanic_fanatic View Post
I would like to help, but I'm not sure where to start. I can't comment on the icons, but in regards to the bootloop, this can usually be fixed by booting into recovery and doing Advanced -> Wipe Dalvik cache.

For installing apk's, are you installing then from the market or from your sdcard? If installing from your sdcard, you need to enable install from unknown sources in Settings -> Security. Then you can install those apk's.

For the OK Google, that is part of the Google experience launcher and may have been swapped out in the latest build with a stock launcher. I think you can download the Google experience launcher from the market if you want to use that

Sent from my SGH-I757M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
What I Just want to know if you could fix the icon problem I'm your latest build. I don't want to get a launcher for applying icons. I was wondering if you can add a setting to apply icons.
 
titanic_fanatic
Old
#242  
titanic_fanatic's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1579
Posts: 1,650
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Calgary

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticRT View Post
What I Just want to know if you could fix the icon problem I'm your latest build. I don't want to get a launcher for applying icons. I was wondering if you can add a setting to apply icons.
If I'm not mistaken, it's not a bug, but rather by design. I don't think hk was intended to be tenable since they implement their own red theme. I'll have a look at the source to confirm this.

Sent from my SGH-I757M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow my apps and development at any of the social media outlets below:



Old Phone: Bell GT-I9000M (CM10.2 Nightlies)
Current Phone: Bell SGH-I757M (CM10.2 - cm_celoxhd-eng 4.3 JLS36G adf3e395ab test-keys)
 
CelticRT
Old
#243  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Mar 2014
Default One Last Thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanic_fanatic View Post
If I'm not mistaken, it's not a bug, but rather by design. I don't think hk was intended to be tenable since they implement their own red theme. I'll have a look at the source to confirm this.

Sent from my SGH-I757M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Its ok. I THINK I COULD SURVIVE IT !! What I just need to know there's no battery icon when I charge it powered off. I don't know why but its either a design bug but I highly doubt it. No battery charging icon when I charge the phone powered off. It automatically boots by itself
 
rukusx7
Old
#244  
rukusx7's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 447
Posts: 601
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Red Deer
I am sorry about any bugs.... Etc. I currently do not have my rig for ROM compiling. This is the last cm based hellkat and I'll make a new build as soon as I can. I am glad you're enjoying the ROM.

Are you using an OEM Samsung charger?

Sent from my SGH-I757M using xda app-developers app
 
CelticRT
Old
#245  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Mar 2014
Service About the bug of charger icon

I am using the same wall charger but a different usb due to the fact of poor quality of samsung chargers, therefore any charger has always work for me but had different speeds. When my phone is powered off and I charge it, there is still a charging icon while in your rom, it is forced to start booting. I am not sure if CM 11 have the same bugs and also whenever my phone is sleeping and I press my power icon, it reboots itself and I'm not sure why. It happens occasionally but it is starting to be frequent. Hopefully these bugs will be fix soon by your next build! Thanks for your time and cooperation
 
rukusx7
Old
#246  
rukusx7's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 447
Posts: 601
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Red Deer
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticRT View Post
I am using the same wall charger but a different usb due to the fact of poor quality of samsung chargers, therefore any charger has always work for me but had different speeds. When my phone is powered off and I charge it, there is still a charging icon while in your rom, it is forced to start booting. I am not sure if CM 11 have the same bugs and also whenever my phone is sleeping and I press my power icon, it reboots itself and I'm not sure why. It happens occasionally but it is starting to be frequent. Hopefully these bugs will be fix soon by your next build! Thanks for your time and cooperation
The important part of the charged is the part with the USB port that plugs into the wall. Was this changed?

Sent from my SGH-I757M using xda app-developers app
 
CelticRT
Old
#247  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rukusx7 View Post
The important part of the charged is the part with the USB port that plugs into the wall. Was this changed?

Sent from my SGH-I757M using xda app-developers app
USB yes but the adapter no. My other s2 phone works with any charger but I just don't know with this model.
 
titanic_fanatic
Old
#248  
titanic_fanatic's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1579
Posts: 1,650
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Calgary

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticRT View Post
Its ok. I THINK I COULD SURVIVE IT !! What I just need to know there's no battery icon when I charge it powered off. I don't know why but its either a design bug but I highly doubt it. No battery charging icon when I charge the phone powered off. It automatically boots by itself
If the usb cord you are using is only a power cord, then it makes sense. the phone will force boot up when using a power only usb cord. If using a data/power usb cable then it should charge while the phone is offline and you should see the charging icon.

I don't understand why it works this way, but I know that It does work this way as I've tested both types of cables
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow my apps and development at any of the social media outlets below:



Old Phone: Bell GT-I9000M (CM10.2 Nightlies)
Current Phone: Bell SGH-I757M (CM10.2 - cm_celoxhd-eng 4.3 JLS36G adf3e395ab test-keys)
 
CelticRT
Old
#249  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Mar 2014
I'm using them both. What I'm just saying is I replace my original USB cord because it was broken. So I have the adapter and replace USB chord
 
rukusx7
Old
#250  
rukusx7's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 447
Posts: 601
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Red Deer
I don't run this ROM right now. You could almost call it abandoned. My goal was to make a custom kernel for this phone and I've achieved that. Which was mostly accredited to previous and current work of contributors listed of course.
The code was already written. I just had to make it work for our phone. You can now easily bake a custom kernel into any ROM of your choice.

My development rig is down for the time being so I'm also unable to build anything new. I'm really new and really a hobbyist to this, so sometimes I may even share the same questions as yourself.


Sent from my SGH-I757M using xda app-developers app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes