OP titanic_fanatic

16th October 2014, 03:28 AM   |  #531  
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 10

12 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by purezalbert

Bug with recents? Whenever I launch chrome beta the app for some reason it goes into floating mode. But if I went 'home' and went to recents and tapped it from the recents it would launch it normal screen size. Yes, this only happens with my chrome beta app?

I've experienced this too but it appears to be happening with most custom roms with the newest version of chrome beta installed and has something to do with the new release of Android L. I'm excited to see what Google does with this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omar.kassam97 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th October 2014, 04:52 AM   |  #532  
Flag Red Deer
Thanks Meter: 604

825 posts
Donate to Me
More
I can confirm this happens with my Oneplus One. Running latest Liquidsmooth ROM.

Sent from my Oneplus One ...mmmm... bacon.
Last edited by rukusx7; 16th October 2014 at 04:55 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rukusx7 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th October 2014, 12:14 AM   |  #533  
Flag Winnipeg
Thanks Meter: 3

4 posts
I need a little tech support, if anyone is willing to offer it.

I'm fairly new at this whole process, but I have rooted my phone and installed CWM a while ago. Now I'm trying to install the philz touch recovery. When I try to do this, I get an error:

This package is for 'SGH-I757M.SGH-I757.celoxhd.SGHI757M.SGHI757' devices; this is a 'galaxys2hdbell'... installation aborted.

So it seems my phone has a different model name than what is expected. Is there any way to skip this check, or to change the name so this will install? I assume I'll have to do the same thing with CM as well?
18th October 2014, 02:33 AM   |  #534  
Flag Red Deer
Thanks Meter: 604

825 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ioev

I need a little tech support, if anyone is willing to offer it.

I'm fairly new at this whole process, but I have rooted my phone and installed CWM a while ago. Now I'm trying to install the philz touch recovery. When I try to do this, I get an error:

This package is for 'SGH-I757M.SGH-I757.celoxhd.SGHI757M.SGHI757' devices; this is a 'galaxys2hdbell'... installation aborted.

So it seems my phone has a different model name than what is expected. Is there any way to skip this check, or to change the name so this will install? I assume I'll have to do the same thing with CM as well?

Does your device have stock ROM on it currently?

Sent from my Oneplus One ...mmmm... bacon.
The Following User Says Thank You to rukusx7 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th October 2014, 03:54 AM   |  #535  
Flag Winnipeg

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rukusx7

Does your device have stock ROM on it currently?

Yes it does. I did a bit of research on my own, and found out about the 'updater-script' file, and how it does some assertions to make sure the device is the one the update is intended to me. It seems that in this case, it would be safe to just remove the assertions, or add my device into the list to allow it to install?
The Following User Says Thank You to ioev For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th October 2014, 04:12 AM   |  #536  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 1,897

1,926 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yes it does. I did a bit of research on my own, and found out about the 'updater-script' file, and how it does some assertions to make sure the device is the one the update is intended to me. It seems that in this case, it would be safe to just remove the assertions, or add my device into the list to allow it to install?

Yes, you can add your model in the updater-script or remove the assertions to bypass. They are there for a reason though. What is your model number as seen in about phone on stock Rom?

If it's for the Korean variant, this kernel won't work as it's for the bell Canada version only (which includes virgin and sasktel in Canada).

If this is truly a new model number for the same device, I would like to add it to the build. Can you tell me what model is listed in your stock Rom in about phone?
18th October 2014, 04:42 AM   |  #537  
Flag Winnipeg

4 posts
This is the Canadian phone, got it at a Visions Electronics in Winnipeg about 2 years ago. From about device:

Model number: SGH-I757M
Android Version: 4.1.2
Baseband version: I757MUGMC5
(the rest seems specific to the firmware I'm currently running)
18th October 2014, 07:08 PM   |  #538  
Flag Calgary

1,926 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

This is the Canadian phone, got it at a Visions Electronics in Winnipeg about 2 years ago. From about device:

Model number: SGH-I757M
Android Version: 4.1.2
Baseband version: I757MUGMC5
(the rest seems specific to the firmware I'm currently running)

Yeah, just delete the assertions then
The Following User Says Thank You to titanic_fanatic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 01:12 AM   |  #539  
Flag Winnipeg

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by titanic_fanatic

Yeah, just delete the assertions then

Successfully installed the rom! So far so good.

I have to ask, is there any way to merge to 2/14 gb partition on the device, so that it acts they way newer Android devices do? One of the biggest problems I was having with stock Android was that this 2gb fills up too fast. All the pre-loaded crap and apps that won't let you move them to the "sd-card", which is really just the other, larger internal partition.
Yesterday, 02:39 AM   |  #540  
Flag Calgary

1,926 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Successfully installed the rom! So far so good.

I have to ask, is there any way to merge to 2/14 gb partition on the device, so that it acts they way newer Android devices do? One of the biggest problems I was having with stock Android was that this 2gb fills up too fast. All the pre-loaded crap and apps that won't let you move them to the "sd-card", which is really just the other, larger internal partition.

Well, this isn't stock so there isn't any bloatware taking up space and you can move your apps to sd with this Rom.

Repartitioning is possible, but somewhat complicated and not recommended because you run the risk of bricking it, so I would try the Rom out for a bit to see if that is still a problem for you

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread