FORUMS

Dr.Ketan Brings The S6 Theme Store To The Note 4

Dr.Ketan has submitted a video to the forums showing a functional port of the Galaxy S6 … more

Do You Have Insurance on Your Smartphone?

While affordable smartphones are becoming more available, the majority of high-end flagships … more

Apple Music Will Increase iTunes Match to 100,000 Songs

The battle for music streaming subscription dominance is starting to really heat … more

Xposed Framework Updated to v65

Xposed Framework is an extremely popular modification platform for Android, so much so that we included … more

[ROM][DEV][CM11.0][KERNEL][SGH-I757M]UNOFFICIAL CM11.0 For Bell SGH-I757M

2,063 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,003
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
22nd March 2015, 06:15 AM |#671  
titanic_fanatic's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 2,003
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus_Andronicus

I got a $50 discount over the phone with Customer Loyalty, then when my wife went to a store to pick it up, she got a further $50 discount, waved store fee, and a fee sim card (which I didn't need). We had to pay some sort of $35 activiation fee, which my wife then called Bell and got put back as a credit on our bill.

My wife also got a Note4, I think she only paid in the end $100. I tired to convince her to get a NoteEdge, but she didn't want to spend the extra money. That would have clearly made her the envy of ALL her iFriends!

PS, the plan is a special version of the family share

2 Plus phones
3GB shared data (we only use about 1.9 per month usually)
Unlimited anytime nation wide calling/texting
basic call answer/display/waiting/forwarding/conferencing etc.
$146/month

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------



I am loving the S5 so far. I promply installed CWM, and CM12.

Love the waterproof, don't love the physical home button, or the new slightly lower location of the power button.

I considered the S5 Active, MIL-STD-810 is a sweet deal (vibration, shock, salt fog etc), but custom ROM support is a little sketchy, no pervision for Qi wireless charging. That sealed the deal.

Hehe, I too just did the upgrade. Bell put it on sale yesterday for Free so I walked in and walked out and only paid for a case

I'm running carbon-kk right now and am working on carbon-lp for this kltecan. If you friend me on XDA here, I'll let you know when it's ready

EDIT:
There will still be at least 1 more build for this beloved s2
Last edited by titanic_fanatic; 22nd March 2015 at 08:00 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to titanic_fanatic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
24th March 2015, 04:17 PM |#672  
Titus_Andronicus's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by titanic_fanatic

Hehe, I too just did the upgrade. Bell put it on sale yesterday for Free so I walked in and walked out and only paid for a case

I'm running carbon-kk right now and am working on carbon-lp for this kltecan. If you friend me on XDA here, I'll let you know when it's ready

EDIT:
There will still be at least 1 more build for this beloved s2

I can't believe those jerks! They gave me such a hard time getting the free phone, then they put it on sale for free a couple days leter. Unbelievable!
The Following User Says Thank You to Titus_Andronicus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2015, 06:23 PM |#673  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
PA Mini GAPPS: PA Mini Modular GAPPS link isn't working, says 'not found'
27th March 2015, 08:25 AM |#674  
titanic_fanatic's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 2,003
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by struct

PA Mini GAPPS: PA Mini Modular GAPPS link isn't working, says 'not found'

It seems that they have closed the thread and pulled all gapps packages they say it's because they are retiring.

I still have the package and will upload it in a bit
The Following User Says Thank You to titanic_fanatic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th March 2015, 05:24 PM |#675  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 280
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by titanic_fanatic

It seems that they have closed the thread and pulled all gapps packages they say it's because they are retiring.

I still have the package and will upload it in a bit

Still available here until March 30. Said TKruzze.
http://d-h.st/users/TKruzze/?fld_id=0#files
The Following User Says Thank You to Socim For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th March 2015, 03:38 AM |#676  
Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
I thank you all!
I thank you all for supporting this device over the years! I just got my hands on the Note 4, thanks again
The Following User Says Thank You to GrAt_On For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st April 2015, 10:49 PM |#677  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
can user roger sim after rooting
i followed all the steps here. have rooted successfully samsung bell s2 SGHi757m. i tried using Rogers SIM but its asking for network code. can someone please advise if i am missing anything? not sure if there's an option i need to check/click anywhere in settings.. any help will be much appreciated .
2nd April 2015, 12:49 AM |#678  
titanic_fanatic's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 2,003
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by golugal

i followed all the steps here. have rooted successfully samsung bell s2 SGHi757m. i tried using Rogers SIM but its asking for network code. can someone please advise if i am missing anything? not sure if there's an option i need to check/click anywhere in settings.. any help will be much appreciated .

You will need to carrier unlock your phone. I've never actually done it, but supposedly the carrier is now supposed to offer a reasonably priced unlocking service.

Just looked quickly and it seems that bell charges $50 if you have an account with them that is not restricted by a spending cap. You also need to be at least 6 months into your contact

Your other option is to find an unlocking service. You pay them, they send you the code and you can unlock it yourself

The second option might still be cheaper, but I can't remember the names of the services that offers used previously.

You can search Google for this and you should be able to find the posts about unlocking this device.

I don't remember if anyone ever successfully unlocked for free though
30th April 2015, 02:02 AM |#679  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by titanic_fanatic

You will need to carrier unlock your phone. I've never actually done it, but supposedly the carrier is now supposed to offer a reasonably priced unlocking service.

Just looked quickly and it seems that bell charges $50 if you have an account with them that is not restricted by a spending cap. You also need to be at least 6 months into your contact

Your other option is to find an unlocking service. You pay them, they send you the code and you can unlock it yourself

The second option might still be cheaper, but I can't remember the names of the services that offers used previously.

You can search Google for this and you should be able to find the posts about unlocking this device.

I don't remember if anyone ever successfully unlocked for free though

There was a thread on redflagdeals:
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/free-...-bell-1266487/

Somebody said it's possible to unlock SII but stock version of JB 4.1.1 was never released for this phone ...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes