Flag Corfu
Thanks Meter: 592

2,120 posts
Donate to Me
More
I had scef02 ehich makes mine fujitsu. Just did an update snd now i have SCEE09
PHONE FW TBEC28. does this help?

Edit: just got it that i actually downgraded my camera. Reverting SCEF02

Sent from outter space using a Gremlin for delivery!
Last edited by mariosraptor; 14th January 2012 at 12:31 AM.
14th January 2012, 08:35 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 7

83 posts
So is SBEF02 affected by the same issue?
14th January 2012, 09:16 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 13

188 posts
More
well on ics 4.0.3 camera managed to get white balance, better,

it's not perfect, but at least i dont get too orange pictures inside my house
mblaus
14th January 2012, 09:58 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
samsung sucks
just do it like me and never ever buy a samsung phone...
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th January 2012, 10:25 AM   |  #15  
Flag Corfu
Thanks Meter: 592

2,120 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mblaus

just do it like me and never ever buy a samsung phone...

then what is your business here? trolling? go at iphone section or where ever you need to be. we like our Samsung phones.
14th January 2012, 12:30 PM   |  #16  
Flag buenos aires
Thanks Meter: 3

48 posts
More
People should be alerted about camera issues before buying the phone, hope this thread brings solutions.
The Following User Says Thank You to nipip For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th January 2012, 02:08 PM   |  #17  
Recognized Developer
Flag Crack-ow
Thanks Meter: 456

1,399 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yup, this should be sticky!
Alert the people, make them ask Samsung - possibly drop sales a little - make Samsung react -
- admit the problem
- send service procedures and parts to service centers
- in case of customer complaint invite to service center for solution: firmware flash/module change

So easy.
Samsung made billions of dollars on these devices and yet it cant spare few bucks for such programme. Pitty.
500$+ device with broken camera, no ICS (because samsung takes its time breaking it with TW)

I would go Apple way if I knew that.
(joke..)
14th January 2012, 04:20 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 8

157 posts
More
truly disappointed...if I knew the video recording had this problem I wouldn't have bought the phone

the problem is that they marketed it as the "perfect" phone that has everything unmatched; perfect camera, perfect web browsing, perfect gaming,...etc

also we must note that most (if not all) reviews sites which r the main reference for many people (myself included) before buying a phone NEVER said a word about any camera problem
it's true that not all the phones have the defected module/firmware, but not at least one review site got it?
or is it that samsung sends review units equipped with the perfect stuff and sell the ****ty ones to the masses??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

to be honest I feel like I fell in a dirty trap made by samsung which is probably laughing its ass off pointing at me right now, which is something I don't like

if samsung doesn't fix the problem with ICS (or any other kind of fix) I'll probably sell the phone and never come back to this company again. not because I can't live without video recording (actually I rarely use it) but because I ABSOLUTELY HATE these marketing methods
The Following User Says Thank You to suzaku For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th January 2012, 06:50 PM   |  #19  
London
Thanks Meter: 413

1,237 posts
More
The SGS2 is advertised on samsung's website as "Recording & Playback 1080@30fps" while the SCEF02 firmwares (And other firmwares for the Fujitsu camera module) struggle to record at 30fps, can't something be done about false advertisement?
Last edited by D3_; 14th January 2012 at 06:52 PM.
14th January 2012, 08:11 PM   |  #20  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 159

583 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by B3311

Well done. Thorough research. But...

You obviously know your stuff, but I would say that the vast majority of users - myself included - do not possess your depth of knowledge, and - myself included again - are happy enough with the camera.

Yes I am really aware of it. For many people it is just the way it is, and they're OK with it, Samsung counts on this too as well

Quote:

In spite of repeated attempts (well, about four) I cannot reproduce the infamous pink spot. Stuff I film isn't reliant on autofocus so much (does homemade pron count?). As a happy-snapper-point-and-shoot device, this camera is good enough for me.

Hmmm it should happen when you turn camera on the wall, or white paper example. Light conditions are also important.

Quote:

I won't claim that I speak for the masses, but I'll surmise that the camera quality is not at the top of most users' priority list with regards to this phone. You've certainly convinced me it could be better but unfortunately it's Samsung you need to convince, and that doesn't seem to be going so well...

Camera generally is not completely bad. It is not good either. It can be improved adding new functions like it is in lgCamera. But definitely it should have been fixed long time ago to be as advertises say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzaku

truly disappointed...if I knew the video recording had this problem I wouldn't have bought the phone

the problem is that they marketed it as the "perfect" phone that has everything unmatched; perfect camera, perfect web browsing, perfect gaming,...etc

Well camera adverts were in my case quite strong impulse to buy this phone. Most reviews were also "oh ah, orgasm" and it was hard to find any very deep review.
Everything else is OK, but this part is not as to be expected according to the ads and just human understanding.

Quote:

also we must note that most (if not all) reviews sites which r the main reference for many people (myself included) before buying a phone NEVER said a word about any camera problem
it's true that not all the phones have the defected module/firmware, but not at least one review site got it?

There is really hard to find long, deep review. I am not surprised. To write it you'd have spent quite long time with the phone, than few days. Reviewers often don't have enough time to do it. Sometimes they are just non-technicians, when they see picture and they liked it, it meant camera was OK
Quote:

or is it that samsung sends review units equipped with the perfect stuff and sell the ****ty ones to the masses??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not want to generalize and I do not know about SGS II reviews behind-the-scenes actions, but it is quite often practice. It is the same as reviewing other stuff, kitchen hardware, ect. This is why much more often you will get true opinions from real users who say their own impressions. If you were a producer you'd like to send the best what you have to get great rate, when reality can differ. Unfortunately sometimes it is bad for customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3_

The SGS2 is advertised on samsung's website as "Recording & Playback 1080@30fps" while the SCEF02 firmwares (And other firmwares for the Fujitsu camera module) struggle to record at 30fps, can't something be done about false advertisement?

Well, the only way is to send requests to GSM portals to incentive them looking at such problem. Also Facebook comments and so on. Then we could have had better chances, than now where we know Samsung via hotline doesn't care about anything.
I am going to write within few days to local GSM webs, maybe I'll be lucky.... or not
Last edited by Burgscheinkerkdeiktraast; 14th January 2012 at 08:16 PM.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Burgscheinkerkdeiktraast For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
camera, firmware, i9100, omef01, samsung, scef02, sieg03
Previous Thread Next Thread