Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,453 Members 42,236 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Which superphone you will be buying?
Samsung Galaxy S2 1,150 95.67%
HTC Sensation 52 4.33%
Voters: 1202. You may not vote on this poll

Samsung Galaxy S2 dual core @ 1.2Ghz processor & Super Amoled Plus launched.

Tip us?

teh_pwnage
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkym0nkey View Post
The problem is that the tegra zone games use DXT compression format. This is supported only by tegra at the moment. So it does need tegra. But games are okish, not great. Their normal versions look decent. I won't buy tegra phone for that
could you just use a desktop and play with the compression (i.e. expand it) then do some magic and load them up?

EleCtrOx666
Old
(Last edited by EleCtrOx666; 17th April 2011 at 03:14 AM.)
Thanks Meter 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh_pwnage View Post
could you just use a desktop and play with the compression (i.e. expand it) then do some magic and load them up?
It's not that simple because the SoC-producers would have to rewrite their drivers.
But I'm not sure that's the way Nvidia protected their apps.. I'm sure there's more protection behind it.

For those who don't believe me, the screenshot:
The Following User Says Thank You to EleCtrOx666 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

teh_pwnage
Old
Thanks Meter 6
just throwin the idea out there :P

kersh
Old
(Last edited by kersh; 17th April 2011 at 03:50 AM.)
Thanks Meter 90
And voila, the tegra zone is going to be a killer for much people like i said before.

Some others will get the tegra 2 based phone and will be the most happy people. At the end maybe the exynos ends being the non premium phone version

android_master
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 251

DONATE TO ME
So guys,i have reached Pune today early in the morning around 7.

Called that guy in Mumbai{aroung 10.30} & he told me that he indeed has received the stocks of SGS 2 in India.

The biggest upset/problem is the price point,from Rs 32,000{which he quoted to me for a single piece,i have told you me & my friends are going for it & are confident of getting it for Rs 30,000}...he is now asking for Rs 35,000{787$}.......Not less then that.

Anyhow we will be going to Mumbai later in the evening tomorrow & let's see the final outcome but according to the seller SGS 2 stocks have reached India

virussnake
Old
Thanks Meter 12
maybe he got it a day or two earlier than other retailers and wants to make an extra rupee

g00ndu
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 273

DONATE TO ME
What makes you guys think that the Tegra2 model us capped at 1ghz while the Exynos is @ 1.2ghz? If you are the manufacturer, would you have it this way?

Sent from my GT-I9000
Galaxy S II
Primary Rom - DianXin OS
Secondary Rom - MiuiAndroid
Kernel - Dorimax 4.0b

ronak_1078
Old
Thanks Meter 6
if its in mumbai then it must be reaching Delhi by monday or tuesday
AwesomEE!!

Enthrall
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by android_master View Post

Called that guy in Mumbai{aroung 10.30} & he told me that he indeed has received the stocks of SGS 2 in India.

The biggest upset/problem is the price point,from Rs 32,000{which he quoted to me for a single piece,i have told you me & my friends are going for it & are confident of getting it for Rs 30,000}...he is now asking for Rs 35,000{787$}.......Not less then that.

Anyhow we will be going to Mumbai later in the evening tomorrow & let's see the final outcome but according to the seller SGS 2 stocks have reached India
Yep it certainly sounds like what Virussnake said, make an extra buck, for themselves perhaps, by selling it at MRP (Maximum Retail Price - for those unaware :P)
It's roughly the same price that you'd pay for while ordering from Clove.co.uk (shipping included).

Well, good luck!

sarsh11
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by android_master View Post

He is probably trying to cash in on your desperation/excitement.
I doubt Samsung would price the phone at ~800$, would only drive away people.

Tags
dual core, india, samsung galaxy s2