Screen turning on by itself and signal totally dropped every few hours

OP Nitrile

26th July 2011, 08:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 8

48 posts
Hi,
I've been having this extremely annoying problem over the past week.
Every few hours my SGS2 screen would turn on by itself and the signal indicator would change from the usual bars to the circle with a diagonal line across, indicating no service. The phone would then go back to sleep. The signal quality in my area is superb and I do not have any connectivity problems, and HSPA+ speeds are decent. Other than it being annoying for the screen to be turning on by itself every few hours, it is also screwing with my Llama location profiles as it thinks that I have left or entered my area and carrying out the associated actions.

I've tried stock KG2, and stock KG3 both with wipes but no dice.

I'm currently on stock KG3, unrooted.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
Last edited by Nitrile; 26th July 2011 at 08:56 PM.
7th August 2011, 10:57 PM   |  #2  
Flag london
Thanks Meter: 3

71 posts
More
I'm having similar issues, are you using juice defender?
8th August 2011, 11:50 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 8

48 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkypete

I'm having similar issues, are you using juice defender?

nope, not using JD. i'm on KG5 modem now but it still happens but less frequently.
29th May 2012, 11:15 PM   |  #4  
Flag Damascus
Thanks Meter: 4

27 posts
Donate to Me
More
Finally I found The Reason

Some installed apps works without permission ,,,, so the screen turns on every short time<<<,

For example the reson of turning on the display on my phone < that i have installed a livewallpaper ""morph.galaxytt.apk or Morphing Galaxy LiveWallpaper" so this livewallpaper ""even if i not using it "" will work on services causind the screen turns on

so you have to go to "setting/Applications/Running Srvices" and stop the apps thats working without permission

Note that i have been forced to uninstall morph.galaxytt.apk after that my phone screen stays off <<<<

Press Thank button if you benefit from this Reply &&& sorry for my bad english
30th May 2012, 07:46 AM   |  #5  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by omar.sch

Finally I found The Reason

Some installed apps works without permission ,,,, so the screen turns on every short time<<<,

For example the reson of turning on the display on my phone < that i have installed a livewallpaper ""morph.galaxytt.apk or Morphing Galaxy LiveWallpaper" so this livewallpaper ""even if i not using it "" will work on services causind the screen turns on

so you have to go to "setting/Applications/Running Srvices" and stop the apps thats working without permission

Note that i have been forced to uninstall morph.galaxytt.apk after that my phone screen stays off <<<<

Press Thank button if you benefit from this Reply &&& sorry for my bad english

just fix permission in cwm
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread