Post Reply

[SHW-M250*] Korean Galaxy SII M250S / M250K / M250L Users

18th June 2012, 10:58 PM   |  #1021  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Hi! Thanks for making this thread i've been looking for something like it all day!

I have the SHW-M250S from SK telecom that I'm trying to use on Rogers in Canada but Im running into some problems.

firmware version: 2.3.5
Build number : gingerbread.ej04

1. I can't seem to update to ICS via Kies (says device is not supported by kies..)
2. I can't connect to 3G internet, it only shows as G
3. can't send/receive MMS

would flashing my phone with another ROM/firmware be able to fix any of these problems? i read around and some guy mentioned that SHW-M250S uses a distinct SK-MMS system that other nations dont use (OMA-MMS?) so it won't work anywhere but would flashing the phone be able to reset any of these so that it'll work with Rogers in Canada?

Thanks for the help in advance (i just about gave up and thought of buying a new phone as a broke college student)
19th June 2012, 06:36 AM   |  #1022  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Hey guys,

I recently received a SamSung Galaxy SII model number: SHW-M250S that use to work in Korea with SK telecom.

Now Im in California and would like to Flash this so it could work with Tmobile.

Before I begin my adventure, I wanted to ask the experts if this was even a possibility?

Thanks so much in advance!
19th June 2012, 10:11 AM   |  #1023  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Hi guys i have korean M250S need to flash russian rom (languange)
when i flash ihave this

<ID:0/011> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I9100XWLP7_I9100OXELP7_I9100XXLPS_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/011> Odin v.3 engine (ID:11)..
<ID:0/011> File analysis..
<ID:0/011> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/011> Initialzation..
<ID:0/011> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/011> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/011> boot.bin
<ID:0/011> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/011> cache.img
<ID:0/011> factoryfs.img
<ID:0/011> hidden.img
<ID:0/011>
<ID:0/011> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

please help me.!
20th June 2012, 04:02 AM   |  #1024  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizer216

Did you include the pit file for m250s when you flashed the rom? Try formatting or do a factory reset to your phone and clear dalvic cache.

I dont know what's happening with my m250s, I returned it to stock rom, included pit file, it boot with SKT logo, and i can see Phone information with M250S model + baseband ud18, all of its is M250S. but even though i try to connect manually to SKT it out of my order.

How can i fix my problem? Is there any way?
Thank you.
21st June 2012, 12:13 PM   |  #1025  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Noob Here!!
Hi!

I have galaxy s2 M250L running 4.0.3. I am experiencing bad battery backup and sometimes phone heats up very much.

I read that rooting improves battery very much. So is it a good idea to root my M250L if it is at all possible?
27th June 2012, 12:58 AM   |  #1026  
Junior Member
Flag Pasig City
Thanks Meter: 1
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Help
HI to all,

I have Galaxy S2 m250s but I'm experiencing problem (no network, unknown baseband emei most of the time but some times baseband and fake emei appear and there is a pop up \"enter sim lock code\)

Can you Please help me. It will be really appreciated. Thanks.
29th June 2012, 06:16 PM   |  #1027  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
root
Can anyone help me how to root my shw-m250s galaxy s2.......
6th July 2012, 03:28 PM   |  #1028  
Senior Member
Flag Laguna
Thanks Meter: 98
 
107 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestbrilliantboy

Hi guys i have korean M250S need to flash russian rom (languange)
when i flash ihave this

<ID:0/011> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I9100XWLP7_I9100OXELP7_I9100XXLPS_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/011> Odin v.3 engine (ID:11)..
<ID:0/011> File analysis..
<ID:0/011> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/011> Initialzation..
<ID:0/011> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/011> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/011> boot.bin
<ID:0/011> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/011> cache.img
<ID:0/011> factoryfs.img
<ID:0/011> hidden.img
<ID:0/011>
<ID:0/011> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

please help me.!

Have you tried ticking re-partition? Also, fill only the PDA box leaving the PHONE, CSC and BOOTLOADER. Importantly, did you include the pit file for I9100?

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_dacs

Can anyone help me how to root my shw-m250s galaxy s2.......

You can try downloading a pre-rooted firmware from here http://goo.gl/yDrx3. Use Google chrome to translate the page to English if you can't read Korean. Use Odin when flashing and fill only the PDA box.
6th July 2012, 03:39 PM   |  #1029  
Senior Member
Flag Laguna
Thanks Meter: 98
 
107 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibek86

Hi!

I have galaxy s2 M250L running 4.0.3. I am experiencing bad battery backup and sometimes phone heats up very much.

I read that rooting improves battery very much. So is it a good idea to root my M250L if it is at all possible?

Rooting really does nothing on itself other than giving superuser permissions to apps that requires modifying the root of the phone. The rooting applications are the one which can improve battery life by underclocking cpu and things like that. For example is SetCpu. Also, if you do not want to enter the world of rooting(which voids the warranty and can SOMETIMES brick your phone if you don't know what you're doing), try doing a factory reset of your phone if there is no any other way. There might be some apps which causes a huge drain on your battery causes kernel wakelocks. Heating of phone especially the camera part is normal if you are playing games which uses huge memory and cpu usage like GTA, DeadSpace. Also, playing your phone while charging is really bad for your battery's health.

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jael95

Hi! Thanks for making this thread i've been looking for something like it all day!

I have the SHW-M250S from SK telecom that I'm trying to use on Rogers in Canada but Im running into some problems.

firmware version: 2.3.5
Build number : gingerbread.ej04

1. I can't seem to update to ICS via Kies (says device is not supported by kies..)
2. I can't connect to 3G internet, it only shows as G
3. can't send/receive MMS

would flashing my phone with another ROM/firmware be able to fix any of these problems? i read around and some guy mentioned that SHW-M250S uses a distinct SK-MMS system that other nations dont use (OMA-MMS?) so it won't work anywhere but would flashing the phone be able to reset any of these so that it'll work with Rogers in Canada?

Thanks for the help in advance (i just about gave up and thought of buying a new phone as a broke college student)

You can try flashing an I9100 official Canadian ICS rom(dowload on samfirmware). This might fix the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyalexair

Hey guys,

I recently received a SamSung Galaxy SII model number: SHW-M250S that use to work in Korea with SK telecom.

Now Im in California and would like to Flash this so it could work with Tmobile.

Before I begin my adventure, I wanted to ask the experts if this was even a possibility?

Thanks so much in advance!

Yes, it is possible.
7th July 2012, 09:48 AM   |  #1030  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
230 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
help i just bought korean sgs2 but already rooted to I9000 but it has litening rom. but if i want to change to another room or official ics should i wipe it all then root again to I9000 or should i just wipe and just flashed the room?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy S II General by ThreadRank