5,599,135 Members 34,441 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SHW-M250*] Korean Galaxy SII M250S / M250K / M250L Users

Tip us?

jael95
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi! Thanks for making this thread i've been looking for something like it all day!

I have the SHW-M250S from SK telecom that I'm trying to use on Rogers in Canada but Im running into some problems.

firmware version: 2.3.5
Build number : gingerbread.ej04

1. I can't seem to update to ICS via Kies (says device is not supported by kies..)
2. I can't connect to 3G internet, it only shows as G
3. can't send/receive MMS

would flashing my phone with another ROM/firmware be able to fix any of these problems? i read around and some guy mentioned that SHW-M250S uses a distinct SK-MMS system that other nations dont use (OMA-MMS?) so it won't work anywhere but would flashing the phone be able to reset any of these so that it'll work with Rogers in Canada?

Thanks for the help in advance (i just about gave up and thought of buying a new phone as a broke college student)

flyalexair
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey guys,

I recently received a SamSung Galaxy SII model number: SHW-M250S that use to work in Korea with SK telecom.

Now Im in California and would like to Flash this so it could work with Tmobile.

Before I begin my adventure, I wanted to ask the experts if this was even a possibility?

Thanks so much in advance!

bestbrilliantboy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi guys i have korean M250S need to flash russian rom (languange)
when i flash ihave this

<ID:0/011> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I9100XWLP7_I9100OXELP7_I9100XXLPS_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/011> Odin v.3 engine (ID:11)..
<ID:0/011> File analysis..
<ID:0/011> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/011> Initialzation..
<ID:0/011> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/011> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/011> boot.bin
<ID:0/011> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/011> cache.img
<ID:0/011> factoryfs.img
<ID:0/011> hidden.img
<ID:0/011>
<ID:0/011> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

please help me.!

nobita_bk06
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizer216 View Post
Did you include the pit file for m250s when you flashed the rom? Try formatting or do a factory reset to your phone and clear dalvic cache.
I dont know what's happening with my m250s, I returned it to stock rom, included pit file, it boot with SKT logo, and i can see Phone information with M250S model + baseband ud18, all of its is M250S. but even though i try to connect manually to SKT it out of my order.

How can i fix my problem? Is there any way?
Thank you.

bibek86
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Noob Here!!

Hi!

I have galaxy s2 M250L running 4.0.3. I am experiencing bad battery backup and sometimes phone heats up very much.

I read that rooting improves battery very much. So is it a good idea to root my M250L if it is at all possible?

eliezer.ga
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Help

HI to all,

I have Galaxy S2 m250s but I'm experiencing problem (no network, unknown baseband emei most of the time but some times baseband and fake emei appear and there is a pop up \"enter sim lock code\)

Can you Please help me. It will be really appreciated. Thanks.

albert_dacs
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default root

Can anyone help me how to root my shw-m250s galaxy s2.......

kaizer216
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestbrilliantboy View Post
Hi guys i have korean M250S need to flash russian rom (languange)
when i flash ihave this

<ID:0/011> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I9100XWLP7_I9100OXELP7_I9100XXLPS_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/011> Odin v.3 engine (ID:11)..
<ID:0/011> File analysis..
<ID:0/011> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/011> Initialzation..
<ID:0/011> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/011> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/011> boot.bin
<ID:0/011> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/011> cache.img
<ID:0/011> factoryfs.img
<ID:0/011> hidden.img
<ID:0/011>
<ID:0/011> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

please help me.!
Have you tried ticking re-partition? Also, fill only the PDA box leaving the PHONE, CSC and BOOTLOADER. Importantly, did you include the pit file for I9100?

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_dacs View Post
Can anyone help me how to root my shw-m250s galaxy s2.......
You can try downloading a pre-rooted firmware from here http://goo.gl/yDrx3. Use Google chrome to translate the page to English if you can't read Korean. Use Odin when flashing and fill only the PDA box.
Phone: Galaxy S4 GT-I9505
ROM: OMEGA ROM V18 <4.3>
Kernel: Stock for now

"El Psy Congroo"
"Tempus Edax Rerum"

kaizer216
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibek86 View Post
Hi!

I have galaxy s2 M250L running 4.0.3. I am experiencing bad battery backup and sometimes phone heats up very much.

I read that rooting improves battery very much. So is it a good idea to root my M250L if it is at all possible?
Rooting really does nothing on itself other than giving superuser permissions to apps that requires modifying the root of the phone. The rooting applications are the one which can improve battery life by underclocking cpu and things like that. For example is SetCpu. Also, if you do not want to enter the world of rooting(which voids the warranty and can SOMETIMES brick your phone if you don't know what you're doing), try doing a factory reset of your phone if there is no any other way. There might be some apps which causes a huge drain on your battery causes kernel wakelocks. Heating of phone especially the camera part is normal if you are playing games which uses huge memory and cpu usage like GTA, DeadSpace. Also, playing your phone while charging is really bad for your battery's health.

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jael95 View Post
Hi! Thanks for making this thread i've been looking for something like it all day!

I have the SHW-M250S from SK telecom that I'm trying to use on Rogers in Canada but Im running into some problems.

firmware version: 2.3.5
Build number : gingerbread.ej04

1. I can't seem to update to ICS via Kies (says device is not supported by kies..)
2. I can't connect to 3G internet, it only shows as G
3. can't send/receive MMS

would flashing my phone with another ROM/firmware be able to fix any of these problems? i read around and some guy mentioned that SHW-M250S uses a distinct SK-MMS system that other nations dont use (OMA-MMS?) so it won't work anywhere but would flashing the phone be able to reset any of these so that it'll work with Rogers in Canada?

Thanks for the help in advance (i just about gave up and thought of buying a new phone as a broke college student)
You can try flashing an I9100 official Canadian ICS rom(dowload on samfirmware). This might fix the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyalexair View Post
Hey guys,

I recently received a SamSung Galaxy SII model number: SHW-M250S that use to work in Korea with SK telecom.

Now Im in California and would like to Flash this so it could work with Tmobile.

Before I begin my adventure, I wanted to ask the experts if this was even a possibility?

Thanks so much in advance!
Yes, it is possible.
Phone: Galaxy S4 GT-I9505
ROM: OMEGA ROM V18 <4.3>
Kernel: Stock for now

"El Psy Congroo"
"Tempus Edax Rerum"

miedy12
Old
Thanks Meter 4
help i just bought korean sgs2 but already rooted to I9000 but it has litening rom. but if i want to change to another room or official ics should i wipe it all then root again to I9000 or should i just wipe and just flashed the room?