28th November 2012, 03:50 PM   |  #1361  
Thanks Meter: 0

60 posts
how to root ? how to unlock?
hi

i have a m250s of a freind

i need to root it and unlock it.

the device is with 4.0.3 ICS .

1) i looked all over the xda and didnt find a easy way to root it... . can somebody give a direct link to a file of root\cf root to burn by odin ? pls help !

2) how can i unlock it?

tnx guys
28th November 2012, 04:57 PM   |  #1362  
Thanks Meter: 48

213 posts
Flashing Leaked Jelly Bean 4.1.2
From what I have been read in this forum, it is possible to flash the leaked JB 4.1.2 in our phone (m250K).

Just want to confirm, please, as i do not want to have a bricked phone.

1. When flashing (via ODIN?), i have to include pit file (16 or 32 depending on the size of my s2), right?
2. I can flashed back to ics or any other custom rom anytime I want right via odin too?
3. I cannot flash leaked JB 4.1.2 or any custom/odexed rom of leaked jb 4.1.2 (such as wanamlite, omega and neatrom) via CWM since they don't usually have the pit file (if yes is the answer in number 1)?

i have tried to flash it via odin without pit files but it failed twice. tried using cwm (flashing wanamlite, omega and neatrom) but it stuck in samsung logo (though no bootloop). so per this thread suggest, pit file might be the solution.

someone please with good heart. Thanks!
Last edited by axel-529; 28th November 2012 at 05:00 PM. Reason: wrong grammar
30th November 2012, 06:23 AM   |  #1363  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Help!!! I'm a lost!!
Hi,

I want to change my SS2 (SHW-M250K) to the international i9100 model. I have seen the steps I need to do on page 105, but am confused about step 4..... When I am in Sammobile, for model, do I put my korean model number there? And then country/carrier, the only option available is South Korea. I live in New Zealand

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

What happens if I download firmware made for a different carrier than mine??? I live in New Zealand and I want to convert my SS2 (SHW-M250K) to GT-I9100, but my carrier isnt in the list for New Zealand. If I use the Vodafone file, will I have reception? My carrier in New Zealand is 2degrees.

thanks
30th November 2012, 10:02 PM   |  #1364  
Flag Kegalle
Thanks Meter: 7

9 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by axel-529

From what I have been read in this forum, it is possible to flash the leaked JB 4.1.2 in our phone (m250K).

Just want to confirm, please, as i do not want to have a bricked phone.

1. When flashing (via ODIN?), i have to include pit file (16 or 32 depending on the size of my s2), right?
2. I can flashed back to ics or any other custom rom anytime I want right via odin too?
3. I cannot flash leaked JB 4.1.2 or any custom/odexed rom of leaked jb 4.1.2 (such as wanamlite, omega and neatrom) via CWM since they don't usually have the pit file (if yes is the answer in number 1)?

i have tried to flash it via odin without pit files but it failed twice. tried using cwm (flashing wanamlite, omega and neatrom) but it stuck in samsung logo (though no bootloop). so per this thread suggest, pit file might be the solution.

someone please with good heart. Thanks!

you can install JB leaked rom on your phone. you need a i9100 PIT file for that..to install custom roms, you have to convert your phone to i9100..look page 104. there is a tutorial how to do it. you can also flash JB rom and root it and install custom roms. there are experts here. they will help.what I did is, I converted my phone to i9100 using android 4.0.3 rom ( JB wasn't there at that time). but now I have JB leaked rom. you can convert your phone to i9100 using JB rom directly as I think..after converting you can play with your phone because It is a i9100
The Following User Says Thank You to supun_sg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st December 2012, 12:51 PM   |  #1365  
Bengaluru
Thanks Meter: 2

8 posts
Question Device memory full - Samsung Galaxy S2
I have an SHW-M250K with official ROM (unrooted) and my internal device memory is running low.
Only about 255 MB is remaining free out of total 1.97 GB.
This causes error message "Insufficient storage available" while downloading / updating larger apps.

There aren't many apps installed to consume so much space (and moved many to SD card also).
Tried doing a factory reset yet the problem comes back.

Thanks for reading. Please give your suggestions.

Screenshot:

PS: I have Googled it and yet to find a solution to the problem.
2nd December 2012, 02:11 AM   |  #1366  

213 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niri.M

I have an SHW-M250K with official ROM (unrooted) and my internal device memory is running low.
Only about 255 MB is remaining free out of total 1.97 GB.
This causes error message "Insufficient storage available" while downloading / updating larger apps.

There aren't many apps installed to consume so much space (and moved many to SD card also).
Tried doing a factory reset yet the problem comes back.

Thanks for reading. Please give your suggestions.

Screenshot:

PS: I have Googled it and yet to find a solution to the problem.

Try using directory bind, though i still haven't use that. I'm hearing a lot of positive feedback on that.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 02:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by supun_sg

you can install JB leaked rom on your phone. you need a i9100 PIT file for that..to install custom roms, you have to convert your phone to i9100..look page 104. there is a tutorial how to do it. you can also flash JB rom and root it and install custom roms. there are experts here. they will help.what I did is, I converted my phone to i9100 using android 4.0.3 rom ( JB wasn't there at that time). but now I have JB leaked rom. you can convert your phone to i9100 using JB rom directly as I think..after converting you can play with your phone because It is a i9100

Thanks for the reply. So to summarize, I can flash the leaked jb via Odin together with pit file (included when i downloaded the leaked jb) directly, right.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app
2nd December 2012, 02:31 AM   |  #1367  
Flag Under your bed >:)
Thanks Meter: 6

177 posts
More
Guys i need your help, i bought a 2nd hand m250s the other day and the phone have some issues about the files, application, system settings, contacts, and sms comes back after a reboot.. i already tried doing a hard reset, factory resert, wipe factory in the recovery.. but when i reboot, all the files are still there.. i already tried flashing another tegrak kernel via odin, it succeed but after the reboot, no changes in the phone.. i also tried converting it into i9100 but it fails after its almost finish..

i am running on 2.3.4 rom .. i also found out that it doesnt show the IMEI and SN in the Settings/About Phone/Status
the phone have its internal storage consume by pictures and videos of the 1st owner of the phone.. i can delete it manually using file manager or in the pc via usb storage, but after a reboot, it comes back again and all the files and applications i've downloaded in the phone will be gone.. i can't overwrite the system and internal storage, .. i already tried formatting the internal storage in my laptop, it succeed and no files are shown and i the capacity is 11gb+ something again.. but then after i eject my phone and reboot, it goes back to the way it is again.. its kind of frustrating really.. now the owner won't reply to my text and messages.. i can't live without a fix phone..
2nd December 2012, 09:02 AM   |  #1368  

213 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by supun_sg

Thanks Man, i am able to flash directly to leaked JB 4.1.2.. i really have to include the pit files before flashing.
thanks you so much..
The Following User Says Thank You to axel-529 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd December 2012, 11:09 AM   |  #1369  
Flag Kegalle
Thanks Meter: 7

9 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:

Thanks Man, i am able to flash directly to leaked JB 4.1.2.. i really have to include the pit files before flashing.
thanks you so much..

yes you can. you can also use the PIT file attached in page 104. the thing is, you need a i9100 PIT file. that's it. If you already converted your phone, you don't need a PIT file to flash JB leaked rom. good luck with Flashing.
2nd December 2012, 11:43 AM   |  #1370  
Bengaluru
Thanks Meter: 2

8 posts
Question
Quote:

Try using directory bind, though i still haven't use that. I'm hearing a lot of positive feedback on that.

Thanks for your advice, but 'Directory Bind' app requires root and mine isn't rooted.
Anything else that I can try? Thanks again.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread