5,595,428 Members 48,350 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Siyah kernel 3.1RC6 and BRICKED GALAXY S2

Tip us?
 
Crescendo Xenomorph
Old
#331  
Crescendo Xenomorph's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1248
Posts: 1,399
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: ~☆~Garden of Time~☆~

 
DONATE TO ME
Don't let any people that say bad things about you and your kernel make you down. You got too many followers to stop making GREAT kernel like this.
Let's concentrate and innovate once more, never ending innovation. As we are expecting GREAT KERNEL from you...

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
ROM: N5100XXCMK1
Kernel: CivZ SphereXtreme
---------------------------------------------------------
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3
ROM: N900DXUDNA6
Kernel: halaszk-UNIVERSAL5420 (Cluster)
 
igottu
Old
#332  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by gokhanmoral View Post
...and choose one of the available several high-school kiddie's work which are usually just a blind mix of other kernels...
Umm.. what? I'm not trying to be rude but this smugness won't get you anywhere.
 
gokhanmoral
Old
#333  
gokhanmoral's Avatar
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 25728
Posts: 3,744
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ankara

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by igottu View Post
Umm.. what? I'm not trying to be rude but this smugness won't get you anywhere.
neither I am trying to be rude but that part is a fact.
I am not saying that siyahkernel is the best. there are already alternatives which people can find more comfortable.
that part may not seem too much related with what I was trying to say and may seem smugness but it is not. It was an answer to those who had no idea about what was going on and thinking that choosing just another kernel would make them safer.
anyway.. "siyahkernel is not the best" would be enough as an answer to you.
Current Device: Sony Xperia T
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gokhanmoral For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
spike86
Old
#334  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 13
Join Date: Apr 2012
can technics in sc know that i tried to connect jtag?
 
kachrukamble
Old
#335  
kachrukamble's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1340
Posts: 5,037
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Latur
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike86 View Post
can technics in sc know that i tried to connect jtag?
I geuss no. See jtag is a service to recover bootloaders. Sc only intrested whether you rooted or not

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Speek only when you feel your words are better than your silence......!
----------------------------
Device:
Galaxy S4 I9500
 
m.ecore
Old
#336  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 1
Join Date: Apr 2012
Default samsung shape up ????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokhanmoral View Post
I want to make something clear again: it was not siyahkernel's bug, but it was samsung update5 source's bug. since I rebased my sources on update5 sources with v3.1rc6 some people had this problem.
that bug was in siyahkernel's v3.1rc6 and that kernel is already removed and I have uploaded another rc6 which is based on update4 sources.

I feel bad and I am sorry. However, I am not sorry because of a bug that I made but I am sorry because phones are bricked because of that problem. I am almost 100% sure that the problem which bricked phones is caused by Samsung's mistake or otherwise I would completely stop releasing new kernels.

you may choose not to use siyahkernel again and choose one of the available several high-school kiddie's work which are usually just a blind mix of other kernels but that will not make your device any safer because most kernels have very similar patches/code.

there was only one way that I could avoid that problem in rc6 and that would be to say in several threads that "wow, update5 base rocks, but I have no time to rebase my sources on it" and wait for somebody else do it before me.. then I would wait and see if there were any problems.... if I did that the result would be different but there would again be some bricks.. it wouldn't be you or siyahkernel users but it would be some other kernel's users...
If you blame me more than Samsung in this matter I won't (and can't) stop you but I don't think it is fair.
Still putting down other dev's work .the fact that your arrogance remains so strong points to dodgy judgement .Samsungs fault !!!!!!!!ONLY SIYAH KERNELS DESTROYED THE PHONES .from now on its only highschool kids who make my kernels speedmod/neak etc.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m.ecore For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mahtew
Old
#337  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 37
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.ecore View Post
Still putting down other dev's work .the fact that your arrogance remains so strong points to dodgy judgement .Samsungs fault !!!!!!!!ONLY SIYAH KERNELS DESTROYED THE PHONES .from now on its only highschool kids who make my kernels speedmod/neak etc.

Two weeks ago probably You would say how gokhan is great etc. etc./

YOU DECIDED TO USE HIS KERNEL. IT WAS YOUR DECISSION. FLASHING NON STOCK SOFT CAN DESTROY YOUR PHONE! DIDN'T YOU KNOW THAT?? IF YOU KNOW THAT THEN YOU SHOULDN'T BLAME ANY ONE. IT'S YOUR OWN F... FAULT
Have YOU read the disclaimer on the first page of the thread??

IT WAS SAID MANY MANY TIMES.

My phone is also bricked. I don't know if it can be repaired.. And so what? I decided to chose this kernel. SO IT WAS MY FAULT. Probably, If I would visit more frequently last pages of SIYAH KERNEL THREAD then my phone wouldn't be bricked.

This thread should give us an answer how to repair our phones. NOT HOW TO FLAME!
----------------------------------
ROM: CyanogenMod 9
Kernel: Fluxi XX.01
200-1200 UV (825/900/950/1050/1150)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mahtew For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
BrandoHD
Old
#338  
BrandoHD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 381
Posts: 1,396
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Arima
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.ecore View Post
Still putting down other dev's work .the fact that your arrogance remains so strong points to dodgy judgement .Samsungs fault !!!!!!!!ONLY SIYAH KERNELS DESTROYED THE PHONES .from now on its only highschool kids who make my kernels speedmod/neak etc.
What arrogance, you guys are unbelievable.

He has clearly stated his case and in case you were not reading the thread, the issue is not with the kernel but with the source code he based the kernel upon, many other devices have been bricked by many other kernels/kernel devs due to this and those kernels only had one thing in common, SOURCES Samsung does need to shape up, they released official sources and some unofficial that does not work with the hardware even for the device they released it for (Galaxy Note, I777 and Korean GS2) and that is close to unacceptable.

But yet you feel you had to create an account on 24th April 2012 to make one post about a topic that you are clearly ignorant about should be enough to show everyone else to regard your "opinion" as vacuous...

This thread are for those that unfortunately bricked their devices, it is not a thread to blame GK especially when blame is, in his words "unfair"

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahtew View Post
Two weeks ago probably You would say how gokhan is great etc. etc./

YOU DECIDED TO USE HIS KERNEL. IT WAS YOUR DECISSION. FLASHING NON STOCK SOFT CAN DESTROY YOUR PHONE! DIDN'T YOU KNOW THAT?? IF YOU KNOW THAT THEN YOU SHOULDN'T BLAME ANY ONE. IT'S YOUR OWN F... FAULT
Have YOU read the disclaimer on the first page of the thread??

IT WAS SAID MANY MANY TIMES.

My phone is also bricked. I don't know if it can be repaired.. And so what? I decided to chose this kernel. SO IT WAS MY FAULT. Probably, If I would visit more frequently last pages of SIYAH KERNEL THREAD then my phone wouldn't be bricked.

This thread should give us an answer how to repair our phones. NOT HOW TO FLAME!
It seems that the only option is motherboard replacement, embedded flash memory chip is dead, you may not have to worry about Samsung service center seeing your flashing history
 
gokhanmoral
Old
#339  
gokhanmoral's Avatar
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 25728
Posts: 3,744
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ankara

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.ecore View Post
two weeks ago i disliked arrogance as much as i do today....!!!!Never heard of a kernel so much or any damage like this guys work.A new motherboard is just 1 of the 3 major parts they had to change.YOU dont know me from adam boy,so how can you say what i was PROBABLY doing to weeks ago.idiot.
I was not thinking about answering your previous post but this one deserves an answer.

idiot? considering your attitude and narrow-minded approach, it seems that your mind is bricked way before than your device. and I am sorry for you that it is not possible to replace your brain. I advise you to find someone to plug you a jtag, in whatever way you like, maybe it will help you relax...
Current Device: Sony Xperia T
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to gokhanmoral For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
karendar
Old
#340  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 619
Posts: 1,719
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Montreal

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by igottu View Post
Umm.. what? I'm not trying to be rude but this smugness won't get you anywhere.
Not really being smug from my point of view, depends on how you wanna take it I guess. Choice of words could have been better, but the message gets across. Copying someone's repo and taking bits and pieces left and right is a "Beginner's attempt" at kernel coding. Which alot of kernels are initially. It's a learning method. Gokhanmoral's product is more mature than some people who begin modding kernels and his point was to say you could have taken any kernel on the thread from a total noob beginner and scrap your phone.

Modded kernels are a risk. This is a simple lesson in humility for everyone who's got a bricked phone, reminding them that it CAN happen and you can only blame yourself for flashing knowing the risks. And it's a lesson in humility for the kernel coders to not always throw everything brand spanking new into the wild without testing things first.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes