Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,319 Members 50,542 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Siyah kernel 3.1RC6 and BRICKED GALAXY S2

Tip us?
 
atulalvenkar
Old
#511  
atulalvenkar's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 366
Posts: 1,025
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusaderlong View Post
Hi Folks

I have rooted my device priorly and tried to update the device to Jelly Bean.
1. Flashed cache
2. Installed Speed mod kernel from the package

Speedmod Kernel:

Leaked ROM:

3. Restarted device in recovery mode
4. there was no display (went down with dimm pixels)
5. Hence restarted with (volume down_power+center button)
6. Via Odin updated the below
PITmap4_all_20110627_emmc.pit
PDA:CF-Root-SGS2_XW_ODD_KE8-v4.0-CWM4.tar


Then device went black and now im not able to do any thing.
Is there any one who have come across this situation. If recovered plz share your comments.
Why did you flash a pit file? From the name it looks like the pit file is for other SGS2 i.e I9100G as it says OMAP.

Can you boot into download mode? If not your device might have been permanently bricked and you will need to either go for JTAG or
go to service center.
LG Google Nexus 4 Stock Rooted.
 
crusaderlong
Old
#512  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Nov 2012
Since im new to this concept. I followed a stupid forum and just followed the steps. And this is where i end up now.

Finally, as you said i have given my hadset to samsung service centre and keeping my fingers crossed.

Lets hope for the best.

Thanks for your reply- atulalvenkar



Quote:
Originally Posted by atulalvenkar View Post
Why did you flash a pit file? From the name it looks like the pit file is for other SGS2 i.e I9100G as it says OMAP.

Can you boot into download mode? If not your device might have been permanently bricked and you will need to either go for JTAG or
go to service center.
 
atulalvenkar
Old
#513  
atulalvenkar's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 366
Posts: 1,025
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusaderlong View Post
Since im new to this concept. I followed a stupid forum and just followed the steps. And this is where i end up now.

Finally, as you said i have given my hadset to samsung service centre and keeping my fingers crossed.

Lets hope for the best.

Thanks for your reply- atulalvenkar
You've basically flashed firmware meant for a totally different phone on your phone. Although both phones use SGS2 name they are very
different internally. The one talked about in this forum is I9100. The firmware you flashed is for I9100G.

If you have warranty it might be fixed under it. if not then they'll have to replace motherboard and charge about $150-200 depending on your
country.
LG Google Nexus 4 Stock Rooted.
 
crusaderlong
Old
#514  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Nov 2012
Atulalvenkar

Ar you sure, Replacing the motherboard is the only solution . Bcoz i read sometimes flashing the s/w also would fix the issue. Is it true?
If replaceing the MB is the only solution then in have to stop putting effort on this.




Quote:
Originally Posted by atulalvenkar View Post
You've basically flashed firmware meant for a totally different phone on your phone. Although both phones use SGS2 name they are very
different internally. The one talked about in this forum is I9100. The firmware you flashed is for I9100G.

If you have warranty it might be fixed under it. if not then they'll have to replace motherboard and charge about $150-200 depending on your
country.
 
Entropy512
Old
#515  
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24,378
Posts: 13,278
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Owego, NY

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusaderlong View Post
Atulalvenkar

Ar you sure, Replacing the motherboard is the only solution . Bcoz i read sometimes flashing the s/w also would fix the issue. Is it true?
If replaceing the MB is the only solution then in have to stop putting effort on this.
It looks like your brick has nothing to do with Superbrick. Looks like a traditional hardbrick. JTAG will probably fix you.

Please do more research and find the correct thread to discuss this, as you've necroed a completely unrelated thread (since all Siyah 3.1rc6 downloads were pulled months ago, this is the wrong thread.)
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations
 
narco14
Old
#516  
narco14's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 74
Posts: 276
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Pr0xy┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

 
DONATE TO ME
thank you for this thread man
 
crusaderlong
Old
#517  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512 View Post
It looks like your brick has nothing to do with Superbrick. Looks like a traditional hardbrick. JTAG will probably fix you.

Please do more research and find the correct thread to discuss this, as you've necroed a completely unrelated thread (since all Siyah 3.1rc6 downloads were pulled months ago, this is the wrong thread.)
If this is not the correct thread .. Ten which the right one.
 
serhat737
Old
#518  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Sep 2012
i use siyah too and i had never give a problem
 
Scarface1991
Old
#519  
Scarface1991's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,204
Posts: 1,727
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusaderlong View Post
If this is not the correct thread .. Ten which the right one.

Like others said, you probably messed up the bootloader and when you can`t go into download mode anymore and there is no sign of life from your device, then either try for service center, if you still have warranty or give it to someone who can repair it via JTag.

What country are you living in?
I live in Germany and I saw people in German Forums that they do JTag repair for a little cash. Just try to find someone who can do this for you.
"We have always been shameless about stealing great ideas." - Steve Jobs, 1994

"I'm going to destroy Android, because it's a stolen product. I'm willing to go thermonuclear war on this." - Steve Jobs, 2010


Everything is a Remix

Has Apple Really Ever Invented Anything?

Apple Patent Insanity Rant or why we need a Patentlaw Reform
 
crusaderlong
Old
#520  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Nov 2012
I live in India. If Jtag is the prime way. Then i have to find a geek..


Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface1991 View Post
Like others said, you probably messed up the bootloader and when you can`t go into download mode anymore and there is no sign of life from your device, then either try for service center, if you still have warranty or give it to someone who can repair it via JTag.

What country are you living in?
I live in Germany and I saw people in German Forums that they do JTag repair for a little cash. Just try to find someone who can do this for you.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes