5,594,564 Members 32,320 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stuck on Yellow triangle. Help Please.

Tip us?

www.golazo.ca
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Stuck on Yellow triangle. Help Please.

I just got a SGS 2 Canadian "Rogers LTE" Editiion: SGH-I727R.
I was trying to Root the phone with Odin but now am stuck on a black screen with a yellow triangle and a message"Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again"

Kies cannot see the phone and I cannot go into any other mode, anything I do goes back to the same screen. I did a lot of reading but couldnt get to anything cause I cant go into recovery or even download mode. I would really appreciate some help if possible. If this is in the wrong section please move to where it should be.

thracemerin
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5812

DONATE TO ME
Did you try to flash international (GT-I9100) firmware? This firmware isnt compatible with the GS2 LTE from Rogers. If you can still get into download mode or recovery mode you may be able to flash correct firmware and recover your phone though I don't know if its available yet, if you cant get to either download or recovery mode you may be forced to send it to Samsung for repairs which likely wont be free since you have voided the warranty.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

XDA New User Guide <--> XDA Forum Rules <--> Need a Moderators Help?
Problems with a CM nightly? PSA - Nightlies <--> Request from DvTonder <--> How to get Logs
Current Project: m_plus kernel for mako: [4.2.2] [4.3 (JS)] [4.4]

Odia
Old
Thanks Meter 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by www.golazo.ca View Post
I was trying to Root the phone with Odin but now am stuck on a black screen with a yellow triangle and a message"Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again"

Kies cannot see the phone and I cannot go into any other mode, anything I do goes back to the same screen. I did a lot of reading but couldnt get to anything cause I cant go into recovery or even download mode. I would really appreciate some help if possible. If this is in the wrong section please move to where it should be.
You should be able to connect the phone to Odin while you have the Yellow Triangle on screen.

Odia.

www.golazo.ca
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odia View Post
You should be able to connect the phone to Odin while you have the Yellow Triangle on screen.

Odia.
What do I load on the phone if Odin can connect? There is nothing on the phone yet, I just trying my first file.

peachpuff
Old
Thanks Meter 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by www.golazo.ca View Post
You're in the wrong forum, the i9100 has nothing in common with your phone and i hope you didn't try to flash any of the i9100 stuff. Maybe the att i777 has more in common with your phone, best to browse their section rather than ours.
Captivate + cm7
HP Touchpad + cm9
SGS2 + cm9
Galaxy Nexus + CNA
LG Nexus 4 + AOKP
LG Nexus 5