Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,934 Members 52,721 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Switching to S2 from htc

Tip us?

RaneZ
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Switching to S2 from htc

I dont want to flame, but i have some deal to switch my Desire HD for S2.
is it really that worth ? I mean, i am amazed with Hd (custom rom ofc) and battery life (around 2-2.5 days) and i read about S2 having bigger issues with battery (around maybe 1d) :/

HTC Sense is also a big plus for me tho :P

should i get S2 ?

Darclite
Old
Thanks Meter 3
It sounds like you have already made up your mind. If you have to ask if its good or worth it, you dont want it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

RaneZ
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Maybe you are right !

But i just wanted to hear something like "You can tweak your phone, so battery will last longer. use xxx rom..." (same thing what i did with HD)...

gr4ndm4st3r_bl4ck
Old
Thanks Meter 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaneZ View Post
I dont want to flame, but i have some deal to switch my Desire HD for S2.
is it really that worth ? I mean, i am amazed with Hd (custom rom ofc) and battery life (around 2-2.5 days) and i read about S2 having bigger issues with battery (around maybe 1d) :/

HTC Sense is also a big plus for me tho :P

should i get S2 ?
As someone on this forum said , the S2 is only a software update away from being the most powerful smartphone around ( not taking the 4.65" screen on Nexus into account ). Adreno205 and 1GHz Snapdragon on Desire HD just can't compare to SGS2. And about the battery, one day is enough really , who uses their phone for 24 straight hours... Jack Bauer maybe -.-

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaneZ View Post
Maybe you are right !

But i just wanted to hear something like "You can tweak your phone, so battery will last longer. use xxx rom..." (same thing what i did with HD)...
That, you can do, of course.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gr4ndm4st3r_bl4ck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Scared27
Old
Thanks Meter 11
My dad has a Desire HD and it's slow as ****. I would never consider or recommend anyone getting a DesireHD over a Galaxy S 2.

RaneZ
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Hvala !

King Shady
Old
Thanks Meter 154
Are you kidding me? I had a desire HD also it had a 1230 mah battery and lasted 8 hours max for me. My galaxy s II easily lasts 2 days if I want it to (with about 5 hours screen on time). Try CheckRom or Androidmeda if you do get the Galaxy S II. But if you have enough money, you should get the Nexus. Its the best phone out right now

Previous Phones:
iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, Samsung Craptivate, Galaxy SII i9100, Galaxy S III

Current Phones
iPhone 5, Galaxy S4
“You don't get another chance, Life is no Nintendo game” - Eminem
The Following User Says Thank You to King Shady For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Darclite
Old
Thanks Meter 3
My reply might have been a bit terse so apologies for that bad work day haha!

Its a very, very good phone, hopefully good enough to grab the phone of the year award. If youre up to a bit of tinkering you can make an amazing phone into one so awesome it could slap the baby jesus and walk away unscathed.

Its a definite jump from the DHD but as with all tech, increase the power and screen real-estate without a jump in battery technology and you do get worse battery life. With the frankenstein ki3 rom and speedmod12 kernel I get around a day and a half to two out of it with low to medium use.

Hope this has helped!

The Following User Says Thank You to Darclite For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RaneZ
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thank you all..ill get it

marcyspark
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I bought an s2 two days ago. Moved from a desire HD.

I was getting about 30 hours using rcmic runny rom. I was happy with it but fancied a change.

I have rooted and unlocked the s2. I have tried CM7 and MIUI roms but have come back to a Samsing KK5 rom with a few minor tweaks.

I have siyah 2.3 kernal overclocked to 1.4 ghz.

Battery life is about the same ss the desire HD but i have noticed that the samsung takes twice as long to recharge.

One thing i do need to say. This is a very very fast device.

I loved my desire HD but the s2 is a better device all round.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App
Note 2 - Flipping between Slimkat 1.3 and Unofficial CM11 - waiting for the prox sensor to be fixed!!!