Switching to S2 from htc

Search This thread

RaneZ

Jun 7, 2006
Samobor
www.studiosnoooze.com
I dont want to flame, but i have some deal to switch my Desire HD for S2.
is it really that worth ? I mean, i am amazed with Hd (custom rom ofc) and battery life (around 2-2.5 days) and i read about S2 having bigger issues with battery (around maybe 1d) :/

HTC Sense is also a big plus for me tho :p

should i get S2 ?

Darclite

Dec 27, 2009
It sounds like you have already made up your mind. If you have to ask if its good or worth it, you dont want it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

gr4ndm4st3r_bl4ck

Nov 16, 2011
Banja Luka
is it really that worth ? I mean, i am amazed with Hd (custom rom ofc) and battery life (around 2-2.5 days) and i read about S2 having bigger issues with battery (around maybe 1d) :/

should i get S2 ?

As someone on this forum said , the S2 is only a software update away from being the most powerful smartphone around ( not taking the 4.65" screen on Nexus into account ). Adreno205 and 1GHz Snapdragon on Desire HD just can't compare to SGS2. And about the battery, one day is enough really , who uses their phone for 24 straight hours... Jack Bauer maybe -.-

Maybe you are right !

But i just wanted to hear something like "You can tweak your phone, so battery will last longer. use xxx rom..." (same thing what i did with HD)...

That, you can do, of course.

Reactions: ad_insane and RaneZ

Scared27

Dec 9, 2010
Melbourne
My dad has a Desire HD and it's slow as ****. I would never consider or recommend anyone getting a DesireHD over a Galaxy S 2.

King Shady

Sep 6, 2010
Are you kidding me? I had a desire HD also it had a 1230 mah battery and lasted 8 hours max for me. My galaxy s II easily lasts 2 days if I want it to (with about 5 hours screen on time). Try CheckRom or Androidmeda if you do get the Galaxy S II. But if you have enough money, you should get the Nexus. Its the best phone out right now

Reactions: RaneZ

Darclite

Dec 27, 2009
My reply might have been a bit terse so apologies for that :) bad work day haha!

Its a very, very good phone, hopefully good enough to grab the phone of the year award. If youre up to a bit of tinkering you can make an amazing phone into one so awesome it could slap the baby jesus and walk away unscathed.

Its a definite jump from the DHD but as with all tech, increase the power and screen real-estate without a jump in battery technology and you do get worse battery life. With the frankenstein ki3 rom and speedmod12 kernel I get around a day and a half to two out of it with low to medium use. :)

Hope this has helped!

Reactions: RaneZ

marcyspark

Apr 11, 2005
London
I bought an s2 two days ago. Moved from a desire HD.

I was getting about 30 hours using rcmic runny rom. I was happy with it but fancied a change.

I have rooted and unlocked the s2. I have tried CM7 and MIUI roms but have come back to a Samsing KK5 rom with a few minor tweaks.

I have siyah 2.3 kernal overclocked to 1.4 ghz.

Battery life is about the same ss the desire HD but i have noticed that the samsung takes twice as long to recharge.

One thing i do need to say. This is a very very fast device.

I loved my desire HD but the s2 is a better device all round.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

zekurosu

Dec 2, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
if you've already bought it then perhaps u can try CheckROM Revo HD 4.0 with the latest speedmod kernel

for me its the best combination if u want better battery performance ;)

ziggyboy

Nov 15, 2010
Canberra

should i get S2 ?

Not sure where you're getting your info from but the Desire HD's got worse battery life than the Galaxy S2.

I was one of the DHD early adopters back in late 2010 and yes, as someone else mentioned here, it's slow as **** compared to the SGS2. I don't know why anyone would prefer the DHD over the SGS2. My phone lasts me 2-2.5 days just with a rooted stock 2.3.5/2.3.6 ROM. I only use SetCPU and App Quarantine to freeze apps.

I am so glad to have sold my DHD!!!

blunted09

Mar 7, 2010
i have had the desire hd and its not in the same league on any front. better everything honestly. Dont be worried about the battery. custom rom and kernel and it will easily last you the FULL day on heavy use.

Neboj se, ove je najbolji phone sto mozes kupit :)

XDA mark

Dec 30, 2009
Rotterdam (NL) & Timisoara (RO)
You can get the official 2000mAh extended battery from Samsung like me, and battery life will be even better. With this battery I have not once gotten mad about my phone switching off during the day, somehow my battery life has increased with 50%.

Anyway, Desire HD to Galaxy S II is a good move. First of all, the screen are just as big, but the Desire HD screen looks ugly and washed out compared to the beautiful sAMOLED+ display on the S II.

Second you upgrade from an old Snapdragon processor to Dual core exynos, which is seriously must faster.

I also believe the camera is better on the S II.

I would to it no doubt

Idan73

Jul 19, 2010
Regarding battery! Basically he is comparing his personal use on dhd with reports of power users on sgs2. In short if your dhd lasted you with your usage pattern 2-2.5 days you're sure to be within 3-5 range on sgs2 provided you continue to use it the same way.

Sent from my GT-I9100

RaneZ

Jun 7, 2006
Samobor
www.studiosnoooze.com
Thank you all..

Btw, i am mid user.. 10-15 calls, 1h wifi/day...when i first got DHD, my batt after few weeks lasted less then a day..like 15-16h... Then i rooted and falshed few rooms, stayed on Virtuos. Now i have 2-2.5 days mid usage...1-3mAh (Batt Monitor Widget).

Nvm, ill get it :)

rauschkugl

Dec 23, 2009
Well i had an hd2 and came from 1-3 mAh to 30-60 mAh on the s2 with the same apps installed. On the hd2 there was even more syncing enabled and wifi and gps always on. But everything else is better on the s2.

Sent from my GT-I9100

skimminstones

i use both at the moment. GS2 is faster with much nicer screen, youll probably miss sense until you get used to touchwiz or run a different launcher, (launcher pro has virtually the same widgets), but overall the GS2 is definitely worth it.

Dont expect the same battery life though, no matter what rom you put on the GS2 but as long as you get through the day and stick it on charge its no problem is it.

Skellyyy

Nov 20, 2010
I've unplugged 2 and a half hours ago, its already on 48% lol. Don't flash a miui ROM. :p

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

should i get S2 ?

As someone on this forum said , the S2 is only a software update away from being the most powerful smartphone around ( not taking the 4.65" screen on Nexus into account ). Adreno205 and 1GHz Snapdragon on Desire HD just can't compare to SGS2. And about the battery, one day is enough really , who uses their phone for 24 straight hours... Jack Bauer maybe -.-

Maybe you are right !

But i just wanted to hear something like "You can tweak your phone, so battery will last longer. use xxx rom..." (same thing what i did with HD)...

That, you can do, of course.
    Are you kidding me? I had a desire HD also it had a 1230 mah battery and lasted 8 hours max for me. My galaxy s II easily lasts 2 days if I want it to (with about 5 hours screen on time). Try CheckRom or Androidmeda if you do get the Galaxy S II. But if you have enough money, you should get the Nexus. Its the best phone out right now

My reply might have been a bit terse so apologies for that :) bad work day haha!

Its a very, very good phone, hopefully good enough to grab the phone of the year award. If youre up to a bit of tinkering you can make an amazing phone into one so awesome it could slap the baby jesus and walk away unscathed.

Its a definite jump from the DHD but as with all tech, increase the power and screen real-estate without a jump in battery technology and you do get worse battery life. With the frankenstein ki3 rom and speedmod12 kernel I get around a day and a half to two out of it with low to medium use. :)

Hope this has helped!