[TUT] Free Up Memory [Up To 4gb+]

Search This thread

skimminstones

was wondering the other day where a lot of my space had gone. Checked this and had 1.6gigs in it???

Dont understand that though as i always connect and disconnect from the computer properly. I never just unplug. What else does that folder contain?

Also checked the android folder and also had a gameloft folder of 1.6gigs. So recovered 3.2gigs of space :D

Dalfin

Nov 1, 2011
My LOST.dir was empty but it's a good tip. I will keep an eye on that folder. Thanks.

My LOST.DIR is empty.
Maybe because I always properly disconnect or shutdown? :p

Thing is, everything ending up there is actually LOST, and I don't like loosing any of my data stored on the phone.

This is due to the FAT32 (or RFS if it's the internal SD card. It's a bastardized FAT32 cooked up by a stoned samsung engineer it seems) filesystem used, it's very flaky and frequently loses files during a checkdisk (actually it thinks they're corrupted and moves them into this directory).

You can actually recover a lot of the files from there, most times they're just renamed, and you just need to rename them and move them somewhere else (the hard part is locating which file you're looking for in all this junk)... :)

dudi1986

Dec 11, 2010
germany
It's all about the developers. Some games would would delete the downloaded resources ,some ask you if you wonna delete, and the rest would do nothing. An example is dungeon defenders . It would delete the 890 m resources if delete the game itself

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Galactus

Dec 28, 2009
London
Maybe I'm wrong but I'm sure that games like Contract Killer, Shadow Gun, Contract Killer Zombies Etc store their download data in the Android folder, thus if you still play them you shouldn't delete that folder

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, I just thought I'd share this tip with you (as I just saved about 4gb of memory without removing any mp3's/apps :D)

If you're low on memory, go into "My Files" and delete the folder called "LOST.DIR" it's just like a bin that gets filled with files if something goes wrong (removing the usb without 'safely ejecting' it, etc.) Enjoy!

EDIT: Also, be sure to check the "Android" folder for any unwanted files, I just found a Gameloft file that was 1.4gb, yet I don't have any Gameloft games.
    EDIT: Also, be sure to check the "Android" folder for any unwanted files, I just found a Gameloft file that was 1.4gb, yet I don't have any Gameloft games.
    This ofcourse is utter nonsense. Obviously you had installed something from Gameloft before.

And if your Lost.Dir directory is filled with stuff you're doing some things very wrong. Which doesn't surprise me a lot, judging by this thread.
    I thought I'd take the opportunity to look through my folders on the phone, and to my surprise there was a couple of folders containing game information from games that I uninstalled ages ago one from EA and one from Glu . . . saved about 400Mb . . .

Why doesn't the uninstall 'really' uninstall . . . almost as bad as microsoft :)

Android needs some sort of disk clean up utility which could get rid of left over rubbish . . I don't mean cache files, but some utility that cross references installed apps with files that are no longer needed on your card
    Try Junk Cleaner:https://market.android.com/details?...wsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5yZXRpbmF4LmRpc2tjbGVhbmVyIl0.
    If you really want to see what is taking up a lot of space on your internal/external USB storage, download GridSize from the Market.
    3 files, total 96 kB, all from New Year's Eve. No idea how they got there, especially after a severe amnesia attack on that night.....