Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,773 Members 52,420 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TWEAK](SIYAH/REDPILL/N.E.A.K.)MagicConfig for VC & NOW for ExTweaks(GB/ICS)

Tip us?

UpInTheAir
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4503
Thanks for the config, good starting point for UV. I'll see how it goes before and further changes (if any).

Cheers
THANKS costs nothing.......

N9005 HLTE : Developer of :

SkyHigh Kernels for SM-T700/705, SM-N9005 & SGT 7.7 : P6810 - P6800

SkyHigh JB ROMs for SGT 7.7

P6810 + kernel & P6800 (discontinued)

[TWEAK] SGT 7.7 Battery Calibration [Fuel Gauge Reset]

[Guide] Flash Official JB 4.1.2 Firmware on P6810 Wi-Fi Device

+ Many other guides, mods & contributions
The Following User Says Thank You to UpInTheAir For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

radicalgel
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Thumbs up Great Work

Nice work mate. Great to finally see a thread with your base settings. These really helped when I started out with UV/OC. So here's a BIG thanks!!!

Anyone bringing negativity in to this thread should seriously get their head examined, considering geko is probably one of the most helpful guys on these forums. I've seen him answer questions from n00bs (some seriously dumb questions too) over and over, without ever being rude or losing his patience. That ain't easy.
The Following User Says Thank You to radicalgel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lpsi2000
Old
Thanks Meter 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512 View Post
Most of my testing so far has indicated that enabling 100 MHz could actually reduce your battery life a bit, because the CPU spends more time active and less time in deeper idle states like AFTR or LPA.

Because there is little to no voltage difference between 100 and 200, and leakage current dominates at this frequency, it's better to hit AFTR or LPA idle than to clock down.

In short - disable 100 MHz and you get free "Wheatley".
I agree your assessment on the 100Mhz not saving much or any at all. I started disabling it 3 weeks ago.
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note III(N900A)
Previous devices:
Samsung Galaxy S II, III, & Note II(i317)
Retired devices: AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note / Moto Atrix and SGS Captivate / HTC Leo(HD2) / AT&T Tilt 2/ HTC Fuze / HTC Advantage / I-Mate JasJam / JasJar / Pocket PC / XDA
Network: AT&T
OC/UV
825/850/875/900/925/950/975/1000/1025/1050/1075/1100/1125/1150/1200/1250/1275 -1800Mhz

droidphile
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512 View Post
Most of my testing so far has indicated that enabling 100 MHz could actually reduce your battery life a bit, because the CPU spends more time active and less time in deeper idle states like AFTR or LPA.

Because there is little to no voltage difference between 100 and 200, and leakage current dominates at this frequency, it's better to hit AFTR or LPA idle than to clock down.

In short - disable 100 MHz and you get free "Wheatley".
Yes, i have the same opinion.
Second graph in this thread by Ezekeel, shows the difference between lower and higher frequency steps' battery consumption with and without LPA/deep idle. As it occurs, higher frequency supports race-to-idle better there

Again, "100 mhz bad compared to 200 mhz" depends on we're using lpa or not. (sched_mc=2 or 3).

Anyhow, since only first core can hit lpa, screen-off profiles with: different governor, hard limiting frequency, switching to single core mode, etc actually does a little harm than good by delaying for race-to-idle.

sid9922
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidphile View Post
Yes, i have the same opinion.
Second graph in this thread by Ezekeel, shows the difference between lower and higher frequency steps' battery consumption with and without LPA/deep idle. As it occurs, higher frequency supports race-to-idle better there

Again, "100 mhz bad compared to 200 mhz" depends on we're using lpa or not. (sched_mc=2 or 3).

Anyhow, since only first core can hit lpa, screen-off profiles with: different governor, hard limiting frequency, switching to single core mode, etc actually does a little harm than good by delaying for race-to-idle.
I lil noob question..so above posts only shows that 100mhz will consume more battery? Hmmm..right now im running 100-1000mhz..is it better to use 200-1000mhz instead?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Dark_Lord0122
Old
Thanks Meter 32
I gotta say that Geko did a really good job with it,

i am using his tweaks with lower'd voltages i get alittle over 6000 in antutu.

geko95gek
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 5694

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid9922 View Post
I lil noob question..so above posts only shows that 100mhz will consume more battery? Hmmm..right now im running 100-1000mhz..is it better to use 200-1000mhz instead?

I'd have to agree with Entropy and droidphile mate, in my experience having it set 100Mhz doesn't really provide any noticeable battery life gains. I just haven't taken a look at any info proving this point before.

It's definitely making sense though, since the CPU doesn't have to go to 200Mhz as the next frequency when it scales up. It can go straight to 500Mhz (of course dependant on the governor you're using).

I guess its that illusion, having a lower number = better results.

Communicated using an SGS2 droid with XDA premium neurotransmitter while DJ'ing on the Enterprise.
[HTC One M7/M8] Renovate Nightlies & Themes hosted by SoLdieR9312

|My Trance Mixes|

CURRENT DEVICES = HTC One 32GB (Rare Vivid Blue) / LG Nexus 4 16GB
PREVIOUS = HTC One X / Samsung Galaxy S2 / iPhone 4 / HTC Incredible S / HTC Desire HD

Code:
HTC One Vivid Blue running RenovateROM SixthSense and Kangaroo Kernel
LG Nexus 4 running AOKPK Daily and AK Kernel

HTC One X | RC FAQ sticky thread = HERE!! (please view it before posting questions!)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geko95gek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mekhonte
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Does conservative governor have built-in screen-off profile like ondemand?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Samsung Galaxy Grand DUOS
Suarez7 Old
(Last edited by Suarez7; 27th January 2012 at 09:11 AM.)
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by mekhonte View Post
Does conservative governor have built-in screen-off profile like ondemand?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
No. smartassv2 has.. great governor and lulzactive have

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sid9922
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by geko95gek View Post
I'd have to agree with Entropy and droidphile mate, in my experience having it set 100Mhz doesn't really provide any noticeable battery life gains. I just haven't taken a look at any info proving this point before.

It's definitely making sense though, since the CPU doesn't have to go to 200Mhz as the next frequency when it scales up. It can go straight to 500Mhz (of course dependant on the governor you're using).

I guess its that illusion, having a lower number = better results.

Communicated using an SGS2 droid with XDA premium neurotransmitter while DJ'ing on the Enterprise.
So should i go along with 200mhz as the lowest step and 1000mhz as the highest mate?

Tags
cpu, gpu, neak, ocuv, redpill, siyah kernel config settings tweak, voltage