Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,386 Members 51,953 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TWEAK](SIYAH/REDPILL/N.E.A.K.)MagicConfig for VC & NOW for ExTweaks(GB/ICS)

Tip us?
 
TecQuality
Old
#41  
TecQuality's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 146
Posts: 1,309
Join Date: Feb 2009
nice thread i'll check later.


 
droidphile
Old
#42  
droidphile's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6933
Posts: 1,064
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suarez7 View Post
No. smartassv2 has.. great governor and lulzactive have
SmartassV2 does not have a screen-off profile. (Smartass has). It has only a "sleep_ideal_freq" to which the governor ramp down CPU aggressively when screen is turned off.
If some task demands more power during screen off, the frequency can go all the way upto maximum frequency depending on the load/demand.

Lulzactive has screen-off profile and the max-freq for scree-off state is configurable as well.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to droidphile For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Entropy512
Old
#43  
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24188
Posts: 13,193
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Owego, NY

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidphile View Post
Yes, i have the same opinion.
Second graph in this thread by Ezekeel, shows the difference between lower and higher frequency steps' battery consumption with and without LPA/deep idle. As it occurs, higher frequency supports race-to-idle better there

Again, "100 mhz bad compared to 200 mhz" depends on we're using lpa or not. (sched_mc=2 or 3).

Anyhow, since only first core can hit lpa, screen-off profiles with: different governor, hard limiting frequency, switching to single core mode, etc actually does a little harm than good by delaying for race-to-idle.
Yup - thanks to stuff like idle states and multiple cores, many of the old "rules of thumb" have become FAR more complicated.

In my opinion - hard-limiting to 200 is bad. I hard-limit to 500 as a safety measure - voltage increases a decent amount at 800, and if something drives more than a blip at 800, something is wrong.

Deciding when to turn on/off the second core is much tougher - having it on gets you "done quicker" in theory - but turning it on takes time, and some tasks run less efficiently when spread across cores. Also it may be better to hit 800 MHz than to run both cores at 500.
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations
The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Suarez7 Old
#44  
Guest
Thanks Meter
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidphile View Post
SmartassV2 does not have a screen-off profile. (Smartass has). It has only a "sleep_ideal_freq" to which the governor ramp down CPU aggressively when screen is turned off.
If some task demands more power during screen off, the frequency can go all the way upto maximum frequency depending on the load/demand.

Lulzactive has screen-off profile and the max-freq for scree-off state is configurable as well.
That is a weird one as i always thought smartassv2 had that profile already implemented in it. Honestly i prefer smartassv2 compare to lulz cause phone sleeps better and when in idle does not lose as much batter as lulz would. Thanks for explaining friend

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
 
droidphile
Old
#45  
droidphile's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6933
Posts: 1,064
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512 View Post
Yup - thanks to stuff like idle states and multiple cores, many of the old "rules of thumb" have become FAR more complicated.

In my opinion - hard-limiting to 200 is bad. I hard-limit to 500 as a safety measure - voltage increases a decent amount at 800, and if something drives more than a blip at 800, something is wrong.

Deciding when to turn on/off the second core is much tougher - having it on gets you "done quicker" in theory - but turning it on takes time, and some tasks run less efficiently when spread across cores. Also it may be better to hit 800 MHz than to run both cores at 500.
Yup, 'rules of thumb' are no longer valid. It's the world where "ondemand" can save juice, "conservative" can conserve nothing, and so on, with more and more sophisticated tunables in the user space.

800 has to be the 'weirdest' frequency. Some devices enters deep sleep at 800 (when user configures so), device need to be @800 for a few ms when awaken, voltage required considerably increase @800, and so on. With voodoo louder, equalizer and powerampp contributing to music-play in screen-off state, CPU spends most of the time at 100/200 and negligibly little at 500. So 500 is the ideal-high screen-off cap freq. (When device hits deep sleep, this is however overriden and cpu set to 800 or 1000 for the req time anyways)

Using hotplugging and single core mode is sometimes funny if you think of a task that cause low load on cpu0.(assuming low UP thresh & high LOW thresh for hotplugging) The time taken to switch cpu1 plus time to turn it off (when low threshold is found) plus the time taken to do the task may be more than the time taken for cpu0 in single core mode to do the same task.
The Following User Says Thank You to droidphile For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
coolfire
Old
#46  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 194
Posts: 1,575
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Singapore
Kudos to what geko has done for the many once-newbies on here - he has provided a stable platform on which newbies can test, and to improve on. I for one, greatly appreciate his help.
CURRENT:
Main - SGN2 - SHV-E250S 32GB
ROM:
|ROM|-|MyRom Revolution|-|V5|-|-2-27-13-|
and Simplistic Framework V3.5.1
Kernel: Always changing

Standby - Leo
WM ROM: NON
WM Radio: 2.15.50.14
Droid: [Dec. 9, 2012][ROM][720p] NexusHD2-JellyBean-4.1.2-CM10 V1.3a [NAND with DataOnEXT]

RETIRED

SGN | SGSII | Blackstone | Atom Life | Stealth | Dopod |577W | XDA2
 
legionxx
Old
#47  
legionxx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 205
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bandar Seri Begawan
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolfire View Post
Kudos to what geko has done for the many once-newbies on here - he has provided a stable platform on which newbies can test, and to improve on. I for one, greatly appreciate his help.
+1 now i don't have to feel bad about bugging you for your latest config. i can just refer to this page. nice!
Samsung Galaxy Note II
 
XDA mark
Old
#48  
XDA mark's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 464
Posts: 1,600
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rotterdam (NL) & Timisoara (RO)
I wanted to post feedback for geko: raising all your UV settings with 50mV has kept my device all day running without a single problem. Maybe I will try to go down 25 mV again to get even closer to your setup. To bad my device can't handle your config, but like this it's close
HTC ONE (M7) 32GB
ROM: ARHD v31 (4.3)

Galaxy S3 16GB + 32GB sdcard
ROM: ARHD v40 (4.3)

My theme's
Black Ops 2 theme
WP8 Metro theme
Mac OS theme
Other theme's including Assassin's Creed 3, Final Fantasy 7/8 & Metal Gear Solid

History: HTC HD2 -> HTC Desire -> Samsung Galaxy S II, Galaxy S III, HTC One.
 
geko95gek
Old
#49  
geko95gek's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 5927
Posts: 12,524
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Establishing Battlefield Control... Standby!

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolfire View Post
Kudos to what geko has done for the many once-newbies on here - he has provided a stable platform on which newbies can test, and to improve on. I for one, greatly appreciate his help.
Exactly the point of this config.

Thanks for your understanding mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by legionxx View Post
+1 now i don't have to feel bad about bugging you for your latest config. i can just refer to this page. nice!
Yeah, for me it's no more sending out 50 PMs per day lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDA mark View Post
I wanted to post feedback for geko: raising all your UV settings with 50mV has kept my device all day running without a single problem. Maybe I will try to go down 25 mV again to get even closer to your setup. To bad my device can't handle your config, but like this it's close
Dude, so my suggestion is working fine. I'd say leave it for a bit longer then if everything else is fine, start reducing each step by 25mV. Remember to give a bit of time to run it each step at reduced voltage before going onto the next frequency.

Good luck.
[HTC One M7/M8] Renovate Nightlies & Themes hosted by SoLdieR9312

|My Trance Mixes|
 
CURRENT DEVICES = HTC One M7 (Vivid Blue) / LG Nexus 4 16GB
PREVIOUS = HTC One X / Samsung Galaxy S2 / iPhone 4 / HTC Incredible S / HTC Desire HD


Code:
Select Code
HTC One Vivid Blue with Firmware 5.11.401.10 (hboot 1.57, no red text mod!) running RenovateROM Sixth Sense 4.4.2 Nightly and Kangaroo Kernel 
LG Nexus 4 running AOKPK Daily and AK Kernel

HTC One X | RC FAQ sticky thread = HERE!! (please view it before posting questions!)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geko95gek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
NJGSII
Old
#50  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 321
Posts: 1,405
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Howell, NJ
Been running your settings for over 12 hours now. So far everything seems good. Been using the noop/ conservative scheduler governor combo. Put the device through the paces and stability wasn't an issue.

Thanks!

Will report back on battery life tomorrow sometime.
Current Devices:



AT&T HTC One M8



Former Devices:

Google LG Nexus 5
AT&T HTC One M7
AT&T Moto X
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II
Google Asus Nexus 7
AT&T HTC One X
Apple iPhone 1st gen
Apple iPhone 3G
Apple iPhone 4

Tags
cpu, gpu, neak, ocuv, redpill, siyah kernel config settings tweak, voltage
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes