XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TWEAK][Siyah Kernel 4.1.1+][Extweaks] Get up to 7 hours of screen usage

Tip us?

Adam Hui
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by saywhatt View Post
My modem's XXKH3, and i downloaded it here: http://www.ziddu.com/download/192007...N3252.zip.html

hope this helps
cheers!
Thanks for reply mate..
I already have XXKH3 modem, I mean I need XXKH3 RIL (radio interface layer) to match modem with as it was the only method to avoid RIL crashes & RILJ wakelocks which prevents phone go to deepsleep.. do u have it sweet?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

gb.yolo
Old
(Last edited by gb.yolo; 8th September 2012 at 09:58 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 139

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Emotion View Post
I don't think these settings are good for performance... I have used even higher settings and there was lagg in some cases. But that was all on my phone :P
As you said, it was all on your phone. This is why with someone's settings nobody get exactly the same results: I get lags, you don't get lags, but he sometimes gets lags and sometimes not

Quote:
Originally Posted by geko95gek View Post
This seems largely similar to my MagicConfig thread.
MagicConfig was my starting point for GPU voltage levels, how cannot I admit? I always used those frequency steps (first post) but I've never found the right voltages to avoid lags, especially when turning screen on. And I forgot to thank you. I say sorry mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricks25 View Post
7 hrs screen time with 1200mhz max frequency and stock battery.. how much more if it's set on 800mhz.. 8-9 hours probably on stock batt? O.o

you could have atleast included what you were doing in those 7 hours screen time like browsing, texting, facebook, etc, also the brightness of the screen, battery chart..
In the first post:
Quote:
Phone usage was medium-high today, I used Tapatalk, created a new UCCW skin, did some long phone calls, Facebook, messaging, e-mail checking.
@Adam Hui sorry if I can't help you, but I don't have a RIL matching the XXKH3 modem. I have XXLPW, and since it is all going well with it (deep sleep is ok, wakelocks are ok [more or less]) I didn't much care about it
Phone: Samsung Galaxy SII I9100
ROM: RootBox
Launcher: Nova launcher prime
Modem: XXMS2+RIL

Tablet: Samsung/Google Nexus 10
ROM: Stock
Launcher: Nova launcher prime
Kernel: Stock

If I helped you someway, please hit the Thanks button!

[TWEAK][Siyah Kernel 4.1.1+][Extweaks] Get up to 7 hours of screen usage
The Following User Says Thank You to gb.yolo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dannykul
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Default Try GetRIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Hui View Post
Thanks for reply mate..
I already have XXKH3 modem, I mean I need XXKH3 RIL (radio interface layer) to match modem with as it was the only method to avoid RIL crashes & RILJ wakelocks which prevents phone go to deepsleep.. do u have it sweet?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app
Try the GetRIL app, it should be able to find the RIL for you.

But if I understand correctly, KH3 is a Modem from the GB firmwares, and you're running and ICS Firmware, the RIL is part of the Firmware and I don't think you can install a GB RIL on ICS... but try the app.

rakeshishere
Old
Thanks Meter 969
Need to test this. The magic config thread was slightly outdated and with new Siyah v4+ releases, it never got updated.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

geko95gek
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5409

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakeshishere View Post
Need to test this. The magic config thread was slightly outdated and with new Siyah v4+ releases, it never got updated.

It will once I get some testing results.

As I have mentioned before I do not possess an s2 anymore so it makes the process of updates slower. Doesn't hurt to be a bit patient right?

Sent from my HTC One X

CURRENT DEVICES = HTC One 32GB (Vivid Blue) / Nexus 4 16GB (my gf's)
PREVIOUS = HTC One X / Samsung Galaxy S2 / iPhone 4 / HTC Incredible S / HTC Desire HD

-TRANCE WANTED?-
|||Stream!|Tracklists!|||

Code:
HTC One Vivid Blue on RenovateROM V9.0 and Elemental Kernel

HTC One X | RC FAQ sticky thread = HERE!! (please view it before posting questions!)

rakeshishere
Old
Thanks Meter 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by geko95gek View Post
It will once I get some testing results.

As I have mentioned before I do not possess an s2 anymore so it makes the process of updates slower. Doesn't hurt to be a bit patient right?

Sent from my HTC One X
No offense mate. I'm aware that you no longer own S2 and moved to HOX. I just gave my opinion about magic config thread and it wasn't towards you.

tariq2kn
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Great ! I'll try it.
The Following User Says Thank You to tariq2kn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

axlslash_gnr
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Looks great, must try....................
The Following User Says Thank You to axlslash_gnr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Noed
Old
Thanks Meter 373
Thanks gb.yolo
I configured my phone with your settings and it's running nice.

I can't really feel a difference in "smoothness" and it's the first time I change GPU frequencies and UV... but I still can't really tell a difference... what should I expect from changing GPU params, other than battery life?
Samsung Galaxy SII i9100
RootBox 4.2.2 unnoficial 20130909
Dorimanx Kernel 9.38

malavan
Old
Thanks Meter 511
buddy i cant find Siyah Kernel 4.1.1+ do you have any dwonlad that.

Tags
battery life, extweaks, no battery drain, siyah kernel best settings