Villain Rom 3.0

Search This thread

lamole492

Feb 9, 2011
Juncos
Ive install Villain Rom 3.0 with the new android 2.3.5 its working great. For some reason it did not have root so i flashed via odin speedmod kernel KI-T40. and with that i got root and its working great so far.

im just waiting know for the tweaks and a good blue theme for it.

I hope this helps .

If i help you just hit the thank meter!

Last edited:

nikzDHD

Apr 2, 2011
London
It does have root it just didn't have superuser, downloading superuser from market would of solved root issues.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

Reactions: lamole492

sushay

Sep 27, 2011
Hey
I am currently running Villainrom 2.5, how is V3? is it a fair upgrade?
should i do it ?
i want to make sure that my battery will live longer.... what do you recommend ?

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Hey
I am currently running Villainrom 2.5, how is V3? is it a fair upgrade?
should i do it ?
i want to make sure that my battery will live longer.... what do you recommend ?

Read all the battery posts as there are a usefull number of battery saving tips within them .
With this one as a start.

better battery stats .
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1179809

Applications safe to remove .
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1069924

+
as just posted today.

in Settings->Privacy disable "Backup my data"
* restart the phone - yes, you have to, otherwise the process will continue running

jje

sushay

Sep 27, 2011
Should I stay on 2.5? or should I update?
I found that people says that version 2.3.5 has better sound quality and battery drain is gone.
is is true ?

thank you in advance for you assistance.

gadgetnutz

Jul 7, 2010
Singapore
Been using V3 for a week now, so far it been great. Playing with lots of apps from the market, no fc till now and battery is decent. Try it.

jamierc

Feb 14, 2010
Is it that different to stock 2.3.5 though? I'm running 2.3.5, tried VR3.0 and can't see any differences at all. The guys at VR don't seem able to say what benefits it has over stock, other than some VR tweaks that aren't of use to me.

nikzDHD

Apr 2, 2011
London
Is it that different to stock 2.3.5 though? I'm running 2.3.5, tried VR3.0 and can't see any differences at all. The guys at VR don't seem able to say what benefits it has over stock, other than some VR tweaks that aren't of use to me.

Urm one major difference stock is odexed, VR is deodexed. Allows themes and mods which for most is a big plus.

gmfer

Dec 15, 2011
I have been using Villian 3 for several months and I love it!

Only issues that I know:

• Device Encryption does not work and blocks the phone (you have to come back to original stock rom to be usable, the phone cannot boot)
  • Touchdown app does not sync calendar (but email works so I'm fine with it)

But battery life is awesome compared to stock one, is very fast and I you like TW like I do is great cause you will get TW experience with better battery and faster

pulser_g2

Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2009
I have been using Villian 3 for several months and I love it!

Only issues that I know:

• Device Encryption does not work and blocks the phone (you have to come back to original stock rom to be usable, the phone cannot boot)
  • Touchdown app does not sync calendar (but email works so I'm fine with it)

But battery life is awesome compared to stock one, is very fast and I you like TW like I do is great cause you will get TW experience with better battery and faster

Yes, device encryption is unfortunate...

I'd not turn it down if it worked... I decided to wait until ICS, and then see if the inbuilt stuff there works. If not, I'll have to figure it out.

But at the end of the day, I wouldn't release the rom like that, for one reason. Encryption is only good if you are using a secure rom. While VR is in many respects more secure than most ROMs due to using non public platform keys, it still permits root access.

Since exchange encryption is usually enforced by your IT admin, I don't think people should be using this ROM for work purposes to connect in, given it is rooted...

With root, you can just dump the data off the running system :p

Top Liked Posts