Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

windows phone 7 Os on SGS2

OP tfn

5th July 2011, 04:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 114

612 posts
More
Hi

There are rumours floating around that Samsung is in the process of putting wp7 on SGS2 ( maybe a variant of it)

So was wondering if they did bring out one would it be possible to port wp7 onto out SGS2 sinse it would be the same hardware.

I would like to dual boot if possible( like the HTC HD2 ).. what do you guys think ?

cnet link Here
5th July 2011, 04:39 PM   |  #2  
Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer - (Un)Recognized Pole Dancer
Flag Northampton
Thanks Meter: 4,097

13,854 posts
More
I've tried WP7 on both native and non-native devices and believe me, it works better on native devices, just like Android does.

Besides, it's fugly and too new to be even considered as an alternative to Android. Also, if it's a non-native device then you could have issues with registering it to its full capabilities.

And finally, I don't believe a word of that article. Sounds to me like someone's come out from under a bridge, looking for snacks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Archer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th July 2011, 04:49 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

612 posts
More
* DANG DoUBLE POST * Didnt see the other post#

ANyways

I kinda like WP7 as I have HTC HD7 and I just love the facebook , twitter and email on my HD7, I still think android is not that good for emails

The only reason I love android more is cause of the apps, and googlemaps and the great old flash junkie in me which make me want android.

But yeah If some DEV does port it, it would be great ......

Oh I might be a happy bunny once I install mango as it seems to iron out some of the few problems currently WP7 user's have
10th July 2011, 05:21 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
More
I'd be interested in doing this. I would like to get on the development scene... Funny, I was thinking this the other day!

First, I have to build a basic C# app... Damn you High-School for taking my time!
10th July 2011, 05:35 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 379

998 posts
Since I tried out Launcher 7 as my launcher and UberMusic as my music player, I've been very interested in having a proper WindowsPhone. If the clones are this good, how good should the original OS be?

It's looking very likely that I will be owning a WP7 device, if they open up the system. If I have to jailbreak to get basic things done like on iPhone, it's not even an option.
10th July 2011, 05:46 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 23

273 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johncmolyneux

Sounds to me like someone's come out from under a bridge, looking for snacks.

HA!

I would love to dual-boot this thing.
10th July 2011, 06:19 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

612 posts
More
Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by aydc

If the clones are this good, how good should the original OS be?.

I actually have a HTC HD7 and windows phone 7 is really good but cause its new is still few things to iron out and not much apps.

I will actually go for Nokia windows phone 7 are out as Nokia does the best hardware and I kinda love WP7 as well
The Following User Says Thank You to tfn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th July 2011, 06:27 PM   |  #8  
Flag India
Thanks Meter: 16

175 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johncmolyneux

Besides, it's fugly and too new to be even considered as an alternative to Android.

+1@Fugly part.
10th July 2011, 09:37 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 4

45 posts
i wouldnt consider anything micro$oft good on my sgs2. nice idea and good luck to anyone that trys. i would peronally prefer to see the effort put into the excellent development on Android for this phone. just my pennies worth.
3rd November 2011, 02:43 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Sorry to open the grave but..
Sorry to open the grave but.. is there an custom rom, which looks like windows phone 7?
If not, it is impossible to create one, looking like it?

Greetings

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread