Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,531 Members 50,742 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

windows phone 7 Os on SGS2

Tip us?

tfn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 114
Cool windows phone 7 Os on SGS2

Hi

There are rumours floating around that Samsung is in the process of putting wp7 on SGS2 ( maybe a variant of it)

So was wondering if they did bring out one would it be possible to port wp7 onto out SGS2 sinse it would be the same hardware.

I would like to dual boot if possible( like the HTC HD2 ).. what do you guys think ?

cnet link Here

Archer
Old
Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer - (Un)Recognized Pole Dancer
Thanks Meter 4006
I've tried WP7 on both native and non-native devices and believe me, it works better on native devices, just like Android does.

Besides, it's fugly and too new to be even considered as an alternative to Android. Also, if it's a non-native device then you could have issues with registering it to its full capabilities.

And finally, I don't believe a word of that article. Sounds to me like someone's come out from under a bridge, looking for snacks.
"I live by my own rules, nobody else's, not even my own."
My xda links

New User Guide | XDA Forum Rules | 10 Posts - Why and How? | Admins & Mods | My xda Bookmarks

The Following User Says Thank You to Archer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tfn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 114
* DANG DoUBLE POST * Didnt see the other post#

ANyways

I kinda like WP7 as I have HTC HD7 and I just love the facebook , twitter and email on my HD7, I still think android is not that good for emails

The only reason I love android more is cause of the apps, and googlemaps and the great old flash junkie in me which make me want android.

But yeah If some DEV does port it, it would be great ......

Oh I might be a happy bunny once I install mango as it seems to iron out some of the few problems currently WP7 user's have

J.Hendy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'd be interested in doing this. I would like to get on the development scene... Funny, I was thinking this the other day!

First, I have to build a basic C# app... Damn you High-School for taking my time!

aydc
Old
Thanks Meter 379
Since I tried out Launcher 7 as my launcher and UberMusic as my music player, I've been very interested in having a proper WindowsPhone. If the clones are this good, how good should the original OS be?

It's looking very likely that I will be owning a WP7 device, if they open up the system. If I have to jailbreak to get basic things done like on iPhone, it's not even an option.

kbiz90
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by johncmolyneux View Post
Sounds to me like someone's come out from under a bridge, looking for snacks.
HA!

I would love to dual-boot this thing.

tfn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by aydc View Post
If the clones are this good, how good should the original OS be?.

I actually have a HTC HD7 and windows phone 7 is really good but cause its new is still few things to iron out and not much apps.

I will actually go for Nokia windows phone 7 are out as Nokia does the best hardware and I kinda love WP7 as well

Are you getting an ID-10-T error when you try to do that?
Write that down: ID10T

http://goangeek.wordpress.com/

SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 - 4.0.3 - The one that keeps me going

HTC HD 7 - Mango 7.5 - The sexy mistress that keeps me coming back for more

HTC HERO - Retired Rooted and lying in a corner
The Following User Says Thank You to tfn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

R3Y
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by johncmolyneux View Post
Besides, it's fugly and too new to be even considered as an alternative to Android.
+1@Fugly part.

simonjcruse
Old
Thanks Meter 4
i wouldnt consider anything micro$oft good on my sgs2. nice idea and good luck to anyone that trys. i would peronally prefer to see the effort put into the excellent development on Android for this phone. just my pennies worth.

N4wuko
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Sorry to open the grave but..

Sorry to open the grave but.. is there an custom rom, which looks like windows phone 7?
If not, it is impossible to create one, looking like it?

Greetings